Almost done XD

Topics and posts about all other servers...
<]=Ninja=[>

Almost done XD

Post by <]=Ninja=[> »

Alright. So i got my server running, nd i just finished port forwarding. Coming very close to destroying my router in the process XD
But my server says the cycle_walls_length command is unknown. and everytime i try to log in to my server as admin it gives me an error message. i also would like help with coming up with a map for it. preferably a medium/large map thts round. i cant figure that out. but mainly i want help logging in as admin and the cycle_walls_length command getting to work. Thanks in advance :D
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Almost done XD

Post by Word »

what exactly do you type? and where? chat or console?

either /admin cycle_walls_length X in chat or in the console (if you can) of the server, but here don't add the "/admin"-part

also, make sure you do the same with sp_walls_length X and walls_length X (not sure if they exist, but I think I remember them)
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Put this in your "Config" folder and you will be Owner, you will have to login on the server as <]=Ninja=[>@forums

I'm pretty sure "CYCLE_WALLS_LENGTH" only applies for one round, what you want is "WALLS_LENGTH".
Attachments
server_info.txt
When you download this, you'll have to change the extension from ".txt" to ".cfg" or i won't work.
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

ConVicT wrote:When you download this, you'll have to change the extension from ".txt" to ".cfg" or i won't work.
Why won't you let us upload cfg's (even in PM)? makes no sense, since they're needed.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Right, I forget off-hand which is which, but between CYCLE_WALLS_LENGTH and WALLS_LENGTH one is temporary and the other is permanent (I think in that order, as you noted). That is, the temporary one will always revert to the permanent one. So, if you change the temporary one using the /admin command in-game, it'll reset the next round. How this applies to config files I can't recall (I think maybe first round after a server restart will be the temporary value, then it'll revert to the permanent one for the next round and thereafter).

Also, as a client, whichever is the temporary one displays client-side settings, while the other displays server-side.

Helpful, I know. Someone specify and verify.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

ConVicT wrote:Why won't you let us upload cfg's (even in PM)? makes no sense, since they're needed.
Cfg files are commonly used to set up certain configs, at the risk of the server taking an uploaded .cfg as a secure config directive for the server, it denies the upload as its better safe than sorry.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

nux wrote:Cfg files are commonly used to set up certain configs, at the risk of the server taking an uploaded .cfg as a secure config directive for the server, it denies the upload as its better safe than sorry.
Maybe i'm wrong, but i can imagine that any upload to these forums, would go to a directory that a .cfg wouldn't change any settings. Especially when something like "user_level" wouldn't have any effect :?
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

ConVicT wrote:Maybe i'm wrong, but i can imagine that any upload to these forums, would go to a directory that a .cfg wouldn't change any settings. Especially when something like "user_level" wouldn't have any effect :?
Better safe than sorry, and we arent talking about the content of the file itself.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

There are a lot of filetypes you can't upload to this forum, including pdf's, mpeg's, mp3's, and so forth. Tank has given good reason, but here again, I can't recall them.
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

Maybe the cfg is actually phpbb's fault and not Tank's fault? Idk.