Alpha Project - Kill The king

Topics and posts about all other servers...
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Alpha Project - Kill The king

Post by LOVER$BOY »

This is a new development of mine as I realised that it's time I fuse both normal/wicked settings of mine with the RPG type of playing which cookie demonstrated.

I present to you Kill The King.

Basically you "Kill The King" (Obviously :P )

The main purpose of this game type was to have a fair play and involve team building skills. When the game begins, each player will be given a type of which they will be playing for the rest of the round. Those types decide what kind of playing they will be doing. Those types are:
1) King
2) Attacker
3) Spy
4) Guard

These types are the main key elements in the game. The key type if the King and only ONE person from each team will be registered as the KING. This type is not ADMIN as it's only a type like "TEAM LEADER" or something like that.

Type Description
  • ATTACKER:
    This player is not allowed to attack "spy" players but is allowed to kill "attacker, "guard" and "king" players from the other team. They will loose points if they attacked a spy.
  • SPY:
    This player is not allowed to attack "attacker", "guard" or "king" and will loose points for doing so. If they kill the king, the spy player will loose a lot of points but the king will be re-spawned immediately. The spy, however, can fight and kill the spy from the other team and will gain points for that.
  • Guard:
    This player is not allowed to kill the "king" from the other team. They are allowed to kill "attackers", "spies" for "guards" from the other team and will gain points for it.
  • King:
    This player is the key to the entire game. The player with this title is allowed to kill every members from the opponent's team. When the "king" strikes, he gains a lot of points. So, you are warned!
Rules
There will be 2 teams (Vampires and Werewolves) and they consist of 8 players maximum. 7 players will be picked randomly for a random type. The last remaining player will be announced as the "King"! Just as the round begins, The attacker's and the king's job is to kill the other king from the other team. The guard's job is to protect the king from spy, attacker and from the other king. The spy's job is to locate where the opponent's king is and kill their spies while at it.

- 6 points for killing spy, attacker and guard
    - 10 loss for killing the king
    - not allowed to kill the king
  • Attacker
    - gain 8 points for killing attacker and guard
    - lose 8 points for killing spy
    - gain 30 points for killing king
    - not allowed to kill the spy
    - Must kill the king to win the round/match
  • Guard
    - gain 10 points for killing spy, attacker and guard
    - lose 10 points for killing king
    - not allowed to kill the king
  • King
    - gain 15 points for killing spy, attacker, guard and king
    - Must kill the king to win the round/match
If you are wondering where I got these rules and types from? Check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%970#Magic_Class_Match
It's my favourite comic and it's AWESOME!!! :D

Under Development
Currently I'm constructing a level system in here (inspired by cookie) and thought I should use commands to go with them. There are currently three commands that are active although one of which are mainly for display only. Those commands are:
  • Working Commands

Code: Select all

/enemy: mainly it works like /team but instead says {Player} --> Enemies: 
    /stats: does practically what the /stats does in happy fun time (lists only your current level, the exp left to gain and the current exp you are in
    /wiper: a future command that is issued by a player which creates 10 zones that kill the opposite team members. This increases the exp of the player issues for each opponent player killed by the zone.
    /close: closes the gates to the base with deathzones that only the team mates can go through. Problem is that the deathzone disappears once an opponent player is killed by it.

• Developing Commands

Code: Select all

/emp: issues an EMP BURST which lasts for 15 seconds and in this time all chatting is disabled (not sure if /msg and /team work). Can only be used once per round.
    /freeze: this will almost freeze the game play (stop cycles from moving) for 10 seconds. Can only be used once per round.
    /whoiswho: this tells you who is who (what type each player is).
    /magma: fires five red zones that follow five players from the opponent team before they kill them or the player(s) die before they are killed.
    /health: this drops a rubber zone in the base where players can go into and recharge their rubber. Currently the settings make the rubber infinite but that will change once the settings are tweaked.

If you have any more ideas for commands or any improvements that I could possibly make to the mode, please feel free to post them either here or on my website where U check regularly: http://aptron.at.tc/index.php?board=30.0
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Alpha Project - Kill The king

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Server down for repairs. Sorry about this :(
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

This actually sounds interesting, tbh. Get the server up as soon as possible again please, I want to try it out. :D
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Server is back up although there might still be issues.

Please report if you have spotted any.

Have fun! :D
Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

I liked this server, although do you think instead of telling people they are kind with admin messages, PLAYER_MESSAGE might work better? I didn't think say could message just one person, and I remember you telling me it is supposed to be unknown who is who.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

No it doesn't tell everyone what type you are.

Admin: "You are..." can only be seen by you because I'm using PLAYER_MESSAGE for that :D

Although I did make it so that it tells them who the KING is.
nelg

Post by nelg »

If showing who is who is suppost to be unknown, why does it say if someone is a king?
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

The part about hiding the betypes of players is only applied to attacker, guard and spy. The king however will be revealed so that each team has a definite target to attack. Anyway, you will loose a lot of points if a spy or a guard attacks and kills a king.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I've shut down the server because I'm adding more code to it to add the new features I've promised you all :)

Please be patient while this is going through.
nelg

Post by nelg »

that sounds good!  
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Server still down but im just going to release the new features I've added:

/whoiswho
This command tells the player who is what in their team. Requires level 3.

/emp
Causes all players to lose the ability to chat but will come back after a while. Requires level 10.

/freeze
Freeze the entire game field, causing all the bikes to stop moving and disables shooting as well. Wears off after a while. Requires level 18

/functions
gives you the list of chat commands that can be used. Most of them require levels. Requires no level.

/chat
gives the ability for players to chat in a different way than normal. Can only be used once /emp is used. Requires no level.
nelg

Post by nelg »

wouldn't the /whoiswho be used with /teams without a level ?
would /shout bypass /emp instead of using /chat ?
did you forget the /rules, /help, and /stats ?

__ the plan sounds good anyways
(Im having truble with the PHP RPG script… anything on that?)
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

/team is registered only to do: {PLAYER} --> Teammates:
so I created /whoiswho to work only to show each team their teammates and their betypes

/shout is also disabled when /emp is used. For that, I had to create /chat which can only be used during EMP BURST activation.

Thanks for reminding me. I'll explain about them and then present more commands now.

EXISTING COMMANDS

/rules
This displays the rules of the game which I hope are quite easy to follow.

/purpose
Views the view of the purpose of the game so that people know what they are to do with their assigned betypes.

/stats
This is quite similar to the one used in Happy Fun Time server. Instead of showing manna and levels, this simply shows your:
  • Current Level
  • Current EXP
  • Remaining EXP to reach next level
/enemy or /enemies
Works similar to /team but replaces --> Teammates: with --> Enemies:

/close
This is the command that can only be used by the king of each team to close the gate to their base.

NEW DEVELOPING COMMANDS

/burst
Description: A ranged attack that unleashes a volley of zones that go bouncing off the walls until they disappear.
Required Level: 18

/hyper-burst
Description: Fires a large zone straight ahead. Does not bounce of walls and does not disappear after killing someone.
Required Level: 20

/health
Description: Drops a rubber zone which you, your teammates and the enemies can use to restore your rubber.
Required Level: 12

/shift <x> <y>
Description: Causes you to teleport to the assigned x and y points
Required Level: 25
nelg

Post by nelg »

LOVER$BOY wrote:/team is registered only to do: {PLAYER} --> Teammates:
so I created /whoiswho to work only to show each team their teammates and their betypes
I SAID /teams NOT /team
haven't you heard of that command???
It shows you all the Teams
IT WONT WORK WITHOUT AN S AS TEAMS
D:
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

ya I know it does :P

I usually use that to join the team I live ;)