Alpha Project

Topics and posts about all other servers...
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Alpha Project

Post by Phytotron »

I can play internet memes too.
I can play internet memes too.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

It can't be helped :P
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Moved from alphaproject.au.tc to http://aptron.au.tc
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Moved website to a better and more stable host and the new url is http://aptron.at.tc
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I renamed the server so that Alpha comes first. There are no more spaces in front of the name.

Happy now Phytotron?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Yes. Good man. :) Now, if others would follow your example.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

:D

I realised, from your earlier statement that there was no need for spaces cause I was wasting my time putting up the logo (.aP) of the project first.

I doubt the rest would follow me :P
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I'm now wondering if there is a way to implement last seen inside the server under the command /ls. I also like to use that command in my website.

Is it possible?
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

ct had it on their server quite some time ago, ask kyle or whoever wrote it once more :)
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Ah ok.

Ya I think that's a good idea.

Thanks vov.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Ok this had been coming to me for a while.

I'm thinking of starting a new competition with one of my Project modes which the players who played in there liked and said it is good for tournaments, wars and revenge fights. It's called Close Combat Shootout.

It's shooting and is quite fair although very intense with more players. There will be two teams. Between each shot, 1 second brake will apply. Shots bounce of the walls 5 times or kill the enemy before disappearing. Very demanding on your nerves and reflexes, especially when you are going at 60 km/h speed.

Close Combat Shootout doesn't require any kind of skill except how to shoot and turn. It's more or less a game type that mainly improves your reflexes. Double binding does help but I would suggest that single binding helps here which will help you to use your free hand to glance left, right, back and use the toggle brake to shoot.

Is there a way that I can approach to posting my competition to the "Competition Board". I'm following the instructions from http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... ompetition but am not sure if I can continue without support. Can I also get some sort of help with starting this and promoting it considering this is my first time starting a competition.

UPDATE:

Updated Competition: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/CCS_BATTLE
{LoT}~inter~

Post by {LoT}~inter~ »

why dont you make it into a server, sounds like a good idea, then once people have the chance to see the server and hopefully :P try it, then you can start a tournement
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Yes I already have the demo server for it. It's called Alpha Project >>> Close Combat Shootout <<<

People have played in it for a while and everyone liked it except few but they had problems adjusting to the change in camera settings and all the other stuff (speed, shot speed, turn speed).
nelg

Post by nelg »

Why didn't you start a server with the reverse controls? You loaded the cfg at ~h8d~ odd (before h8d died) Im pretty sure your hoster was there too.
Last edited by nelg on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nelg

Post by nelg »

I went on the site and heres what i got:

Code: Select all

[b]Parse error:[/b] syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in [b]/home/vertexr/public_html/aptron/cache/data_cb6979621f965d17d43c2dd2c6823d4b-SMF-modSettings.php[/b] on line [b]1[/b]
(Sorry about the bolds and the double post)