AoT Tron Experience

Striving for unique and challenging game play.

Moderator: sinewav

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: AoT Tron Experience

Post by Word »

That's what we did in the Electric Fishing server, in case you want to make turning slow the bikes down. As some will remember, that made the camera movements look rather quirky. I don't think it'll be any different at higher speeds.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

There's also the option of allowing your own wall to slow you down with CYCLE_ACCEL_SELF -x.
Or someone else's wall for that matter, like a sort of reverse fasttrack.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

compguygene wrote:Perhaps others do better, this is just my impression.
They do, and that's why the settings evolved this way. Remember, the old settings had BOOST instead of brake, and that boost never seemed like enough speed for most people. Incam is supposed to be dangerous! Tron Exp is a hard server. Even after I increased the acceleration people complained because they wanted a boost on top of that!

However, I have contemplated returning the boost, but making it much longer and more subtle. I have also considered enforcing cycle_speed_min/max, which would add a different dimension. Maybe there will be a Tron EXP versionn 4 for the release of Arma 0.4? We will have to wait and see! :P
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Thanks for clarifying that, Sine. I will just have to play more and up my game.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Your servers seem to be broken.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
The server terminated &quot;our&quot; connection? <br />What  :?
The server terminated "our" connection?
What :?
Capture2.PNG
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hi Steve, thanks for the report.

The AoT family of servers are hosted on a laptop built in 2004 that sits on my desk and is connected to COX cable company here in sunny Southern California. I live in a dense, commercial district and pay for the most basic package. As such, I have a barely playable Internet connection, but still much better than the public wi-fi I've had for the past two years. Because of this, the AoT servers occasionally disappear from the master list and regularly lag out while playing. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to improve my connection unless I suddenly become rich and can move to a different location with better Internet. Really, these servers are up for nostalgic purposes and are not intended for regular or competitive play. Hopefully you can get a chance to enjoy them.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Thanks.
I'll be sure to try them from time to time, I'm sure I'll get in one of the times.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

sinewav wrote:
compguygene wrote:Perhaps others do better, this is just my impression.
They do, and that's why the settings evolved this way. Remember, the old settings had BOOST instead of brake, and that boost never seemed like enough speed for most people. Incam is supposed to be dangerous! Tron Exp is a hard server. Even after I increased the acceleration people complained because they wanted a boost on top of that!

However, I have contemplated returning the boost, but making it much longer and more subtle. I have also considered enforcing cycle_speed_min/max, which would add a different dimension. Maybe there will be a Tron EXP versionn 4 for the release of Arma 0.4? We will have to wait and see! :P
Ok, I just played again, and loved it. I must have been having an off day. I can completely agree with everything stated above. The way it is, it works well to be forced to grind up on opponents. I can really see a subtle, extended turbo being a nice enhancement.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm