Minimum Authority Generator

Striving for unique and challenging game play.

Moderator: sinewav

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Minimum Authority Generator

Post by sinewav »

I wrote a handy utility for tournaments. Just copy the player list from your event on the wiki, paste it into the form, and it will strip out the Global IDs, outputting them into a nicely formatted list for easy inclusion. If you've ever had to make this list by hand, you know what a time-saver this is.

Note: There are still some small issues, but I'm not worried about it since most users will want to double-check the output and make minor adjustments anyway.

ArmagetronAd: Minimum Authority Generator

:wink: Also, thanks to kyle for finding a few bugs.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Minimum Authority Generator

Post by sinewav »

Version 2

What started as some superficial formatting changes turned into a major overhaul, predictably. The utility now has a confirmation stage which allows you to make changes/corrections. After this, the file is written to the server and you can either save it locally or use the server as your resource for RINCLUDE'ing.

Edit: Oh, you can also make Z-Man admin for your event with a simple click.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

the "click to love sine" button is gone :/
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Word wrote:the "click to love sine" button is gone :/
Please put it back; we all want to love sine.

And yes, I like the new version.
Very well done.

Now it won't take me 3 hours to create the authority list for the War Sumo Tournaments.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Good idea and good work (assuming it works)

I obviously haven't tested it but it should be very useful.

great :D
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

As I slowly catch up on projects I have restored some of this tool's functionality. Several months ago I moved some directories but never updated the relevant code. That is now fixed. Authority files can again be hosted at adventuresoftron.com. I know this tool is obsoleted by dlh's generator and tournament organizers rarely have a problem hosting cfg's, but hey, here it is if anyone needs this in an emergency.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:idea: NEW FUNCTION

The MinAuth Generator now automatically creates an AUTHORITY_WHITELIST to be included at the beginning of the configuration file. In the future I might make this an optional feature, but for now I think it is just as easy to edit it out in the confirmation stage as clicking a checkbox beforehand.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

You should consider adding 'ct' as well as 'ct/jedi' when adding authorities to the whitelist for 'kyle@ct/jedi'.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

epsy wrote:You should consider adding 'ct' as well as 'ct/jedi' when adding authorities to the whitelist for 'kyle@ct/jedi'.
@ct would automatically allow all @ct/xxxx, right? If that is the case I'll definitely change it so the list is more succinct. But which is most secure?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

UPDATE: I edited the white-list generation to include upper directories only. The output will have @ct and never @ct/xxxx. I believe this is the preferred way because it is the only way auth works? I also cleaned up the regex because my code was really, really bad. This tool is one of the first things I've ever written so my pattern was all herp-derp. And while I was at it I came across this awesome site for php regex stuff: PHP Live Regex

wow, cool.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

You should leave both in. It is possible that the authority allows you to send a request for user@domain/directory directly.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Got it! Fixed, and thanks espy.