Are AoT servers gone?

Striving for unique and challenging game play.

Moderator: sinewav

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Are AoT servers gone?

Post by compguygene »

I went onto multiplayer Armagetronad to work on getting closer to beating Maze-a-Tron, and my favorite single player server of all time is gone! I was truly heartbroken as i finally am getting scores in the low 8000's and see myself getting a perfect score, eventually. I looked at the AoT archive, and have downloaded the settings for my favorite servers, but I would hate to take the time to host them, if you are going to bring them back up soon. I am glad to see that your resource repository is still up, so this can be done. Please let me know, sine.wav if I should host them, or if you will be hosting them again soon. If I do host them, I am not going to change the branding, or anything about the servers, and you will still have full access to the servers.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Are AoT servers gone?

Post by Word »

Might be related to sine currently fighting Covid? You know Covid isn't a conspiracy when even the best servers have supply chain issues!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gene! I didn't think anyone would notice those servers missing, haha. Over the holidays I retired my home file server that was also an Armagetron game server, torrent server, BIOINC project processor, Samba share, and housed all my device backups. I have a replacement server, but honestly I don't know when or if I will put Armagetron on it. I thought this day might come, so I merged my repository with the official one. You're free to take over AoT hosting until I change my mind! :wink: You should put up AI Challenge as well because I believe Tweety/Dot Calm likes to play them (Challenge 1 or 2? I don't remember).
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention AI challenge. I love that one too!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm