How breafast Burrito could taste better

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

double-binding is a feature, not a bug. *runs away frantically after casting argument grenade*

i used single keys for almost my whole arma career until recently getting double-binding to work on my gamepad. i am grateful, since it's less wear-and-tear on my fragile hands.

also DL, i agree with you about burrito being a little nicer game at the slightly slower speed. faster then goshdarn settings but not ridiculous like the speed servers. the extra rubber is real nice to offset the extra speed IMO.
eggcozy
Average Program

Post by eggcozy »

Thanks for the feedback fellas.

The general consensus is that fast is good.

Anytime you want a slower game though, let me know Digital and I'll bump it down. My email is [email protected] eggcozy on im, or probably more often you will find me playing (mostly at night)
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Breakfast Burrito is my second favorite server. Armagoshdarn being my first of course. 8) BTW- This burrito gives me gas.
Keep up the good work. :roll:
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

a source IM'd me just now saying he was upset at something happening tonight at breakfast burrito. i wasn't there, but this source is a friend of mine and i trust his word. apparantly zapple was taking a player named dizzy through the steps of how to ripgrind. and they seemed to be successful, since some portions of the grid started to warp or disappear or something.

so all i can say is: GUYS, WILL YOU PLEASE KNOCK THIS STUFF OFF?!?

how many freaking times do we have to go through with this until you realise it is NOT a good idea???

thank you.
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

:cry:
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

nicolas.b wrote:a source IM'd me just now saying he was upset at something happening tonight at breakfast burrito. i wasn't there, but this source is a friend of mine and i trust his word. apparantly zapple was taking a player named dizzy through the steps of how to ripgrind. and they seemed to be successful, since some portions of the grid started to warp or disappear or something.

how many freaking times do we have to go through with this until you realise it is NOT a good idea???

thank you.
Why didnt you make my name capatal!!??
And to clear that up, we werent "ripgrinding" or even ripping, we were just driving around the arena and doing fast 180's making invisiwalls. Nothing to do with ripping.

Who is your friend? And I didnt see anypart of the grid destorted or ripped. It riped 1 time from dizzy trying to rip. Nothing after that.

And nic, dont yell at me until you know the facts. Now you know that FACTS I have just told you, you can yell at me for invisiwalls but that wont help anything now will it?
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

well if i misunderstood then i apologise. it just sounded very bad from what i heard, but maybe i heard wrong.

so i won't say anythiing more since i wasn't there.
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

can't we all just get a bong... I mean get it on... oops, I mean get a thong... dang it, that isn't it either... What I mean to say is that you all should get along. sheesh! 8)
che
Core Dumper

Post by che »

well i know FOR A FACT that probably as soon as you wrote this, you were on spacezone, keept coming in and out, lagin it for everyone, insulting, calling people ****** and being generaly rude. or maybe it was all a joke im too stupid to understand? :evil:
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Who?
che
Core Dumper

Post by che »

you
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Hey zapple. The post you put to nic.
Zapple Reply to nices post. "nics post included at top"

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:02 pm Post subject:
nicolas.b wrote:
a source IM'd me just now saying he was upset at something happening tonight at breakfast burrito. i wasn't there, but this source is a friend of mine and i trust his word. apparantly zapple was taking a player named dizzy through the steps of how to ripgrind. and they seemed to be successful, since some portions of the grid started to warp or disappear or something.

thank you.

Why didnt you make my name capatal!!??
And to clear that up, we werent "ripgrinding" or even ripping, we were just driving around the arena and doing fast 180's making invisiwalls. Nothing to do with ripping.

Who is your friend? And I didnt see anypart of the grid destorted or ripped. It riped 1 time from dizzy trying to rip. Nothing after that.

And nic, dont yell at me until you know the facts. Now you know that FACTS I have just told you, you can yell at me for invisiwalls but that wont help anything now will it?

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. Instead of attempting to make nic look like a baffoon, it actually back fired. You state that there was no rip grinding yet in the next sentence you said rip grinding was going on Note: happening only once is still happening. Nic never said that you were rip grinding, he said you were taking Dizzy thhrough steps of rip grinding which means in text, Not actually performing the rip. Don;'t deny this one because LIKE YOU SAID, He did not do it right, and LIKE YOU SAID it also made part of the grid collapse, funny how you said in the sentence prior about the grid collapse that you said no ripping was going on. Even though Dizzy didnt make a complete rip, he still glitched the server and you helped him out so he can do it. WHICH IS STILL VERY VERY BAD! You arent busted for ripping, your busted for helping rip. In other words, You are busted for selling drugs, not using drugs. Nic has is facts straight. How about you huh Zapple? Good luck explaing this one, you did a heck of a job the first time...

I beileve you owe nic an apology.

A word of advice.
Actually read posts.

oh, and i took screen shot the post just in case you feel like the editing the original post :wink:
Last edited by DrJoeTr0n on Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Re: you can't make an omelette without breakin' some eggs

Post by philippeqc »

Digital Logic wrote:The ony other comment I have is to make the tails a bit shorter..
it's almost too easy for me to box people up. Since I'm one of the few people that seem to use that tactic.. and some players don't see the big picture.. I can wrap up two sometimes three players in a box.
Care to share that fine strategy with the less enligted of us? If you have screen grab too, I'd really appreciate. I can be very thick minded some times. ;)

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Re: you can't make an omelette without breakin' some eggs

Post by philippeqc »

Digital Logic wrote:Now we just need to get people to stop using that bug: double binding.. and hone their skills instead. I hate it when i see promising talent go to waste becuase they rely on that thing all the time.
Sorry, I dont think I follow you on that point. You mean they shoud learn to double tap very fast to make tight u-turn instead of typing 2 keys to make the same u-turn? And that is wasting their skills?????? Quite lost. I may be a bit thick on the lingo, so if I misinterpreted your description, please excuse me.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

nicolas.b wrote:...zapple was taking a player named dizzy through the steps of how to ripgrind. and they seemed to be successful, since some portions of the grid started to warp or disappear or something.
What is ripgrind EXACTLY? I've still to see it. Or really understand it.

Also, could someone post me some precise and detailled instruction how do re-create it. I'm developing elements close to the grid and wall and all internal structures. I could try and fix it forever. Or at least re-post it to the other developers. But I'd need a good description so I can re-plicate, understand and track the problem.

Maybe instead of posting it public and letting too many hormonally imbalanced morons start to do it in every server, you could send me a private message.

-ph

your friendly neigborhood frog

Croa croa!
Canis meus id comedit.