kess took ish down again

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

ishAdmin
Match Winner

kess took ish down again

Post by ishAdmin »

I thought he was on good behaviour, but obviously not. I happened to notice right away because I was poking my head in at the right time.

What would be a good deterant? Telling everyone his ip? Telling his mom?

sheesh.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Start by banning his name, eactly as he uses it now.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Erg, why is he like that! You should just ban him from your server for like a week, then he will get the message.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

The problem is, there is no way to ban a person from a server with any ease...
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

I cannot believe him...ripping is so boring anyways..hes getting kicked if I even see him from now on, I told him not to jeopardize the server but apprarently he don't care about our fun..
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

ok I just came from a server in spectator mode where kess was ripping like crazy and transporting through his own walls...then they all went to Burrito so I joined in play mode, kess proceeded to rip the server and make Egg's system unreachable for me....I am so pissed right now...

when I found him another server after that, I said wtf is your problem, you just took out egg's server! he said, "that was egg's?"

grrrrrrr
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

He took it down today. So I went looking for him on other servers. I found him. I asked him to stop taking the game down. He said it was acccident. So then I asked him to be careful to not have this accident in the future. He agreed.

So I just went back to check on things, and the dinkus took it down yet again.

I've set up an auto kick for his name. That won't stop him from coming in under another name. I feel like complaing to his isp frankly.

I truly don't understand why someone would do this over and over. He's not a nice person.

And for the programmer folks out there. Do you know the error that is reported? Well, here it is:

Internal error in class ePoint * eGrid::DrawLine(ePoint *, const eCoord &, eWall * = 0, bool = 1) in eGrid.cpp:742 :
Left Grid!

Maybe the game could be patched to check for the condition that causes the error, and then kick whoever is doing it.!
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

ishAdmin wrote:Maybe the game could be patched to check for the condition that causes the error, and then kick whoever is doing it.!
This part of the code is monstrously confusing. We could simply take out the line causing the error, that'd keep the server from crashing, I think... It's nearly impossible so far to find out who owns the wall from what I've seen so far. I'll have another look tomorrow though...
k
Random Identifier & Project Developer

Post by k »

Would it be possible to just immediately end the round when this error occurs and start a new round? That should reset the rip correct? It seems harsh to just end the program because the result of a calculation is not acceptable. It might be possible to just set a flag, leave the function and let code higher up check for the flag and terminate the round. At worse I think something might not draw correctly, but that is already happening with the arena at this point. Just a guess. :)
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Re: kess took ish down again

Post by nicolas.b »

ishAdmin wrote:What would be a good deterant? Telling everyone his ip? Telling his mom?
i'm semi-away right now but i HAVE to poke my head in and comment on this issue:

i have absolutely had it. IMO this has gone well beyond any limits of mistakes, misunderstandings, juvenile behavior on the part of a 17-yr-old mensa kid, problems on the server end, problems with the code, etc. i think it is crystal clear that all defensible avenues on kess' part have been explored and exhausted.

whenever kess starts to defend himself with rationale about the crash (due to ripping) being an honest mistake and/or the problem being with the arma code or his promise that he's put such behavior behind him and you take his word for it, i say that you are being PLAYED FOR A FOOL (myself included).

it seems that most of us don't want to come down hard too on others and want to be reasonable about people and things, and that's probably to our credit. but IMO this is no reason to accept an indefensible pattern of behavior from a clearly malicious individual. this is essentially cyber-terrorism, especially if the 'terrorist' wears a smile on his face and is otherwise an intelligent, reasonably nice guy. or it's "the boy who cried wolf" with the townspeople too stupid to realise the gag, your call.

so IMO: if you have his IP# you should not hesitate to spread it far and wide, including if he connects from a pattern of IP#'s. if you know his names they should be spread far and wide. if you recognise him online you should kick-poll him immediately if possible and explain to others why it's necessary. if you know of any friends of his, like brody and maybe others, then you should be wary of them. kess is a disgrace to the arma community and should be treated that way. if you have any info about his real-world identity, location, fone#, now is the time to share it.

-names of his i'm familiar with: kess, kesshutsu, blackwind (could be wrong about that last one)

-on the tigers servers tank has graciously made me a server admin, so if you find me online, like AIM/ICQ/gunbound, i will drop what i'm doing and come over to kick him as long as necessary (even tho tigers servers have the stability code, nobody likes to have their matches crashed, especially on teamplay).

this has simply gone on TOO LONG. i'm not going to mention how kess inconvenienced me personally and how much effort i've made already to deal with this, this is now a community issue, so i speak from that standpoint.

- Prayer 1 / TheMaskedMoron / Frogmouth Jones
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Right on nic! And I saw him ripping at ArmaSmegTron today, his AIM is

kesshutsu

if you want to yell at him.
Thak
Average Program

Re: kess took ish down again

Post by Thak »

ishAdmin wrote: Telling his mom?
That would actually work pretty good I bet.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

Im all over it. Kess will be thourly punished on the grid :wink: {when i see him that is} ...I will teach him the meaning of the word pwnzored j/k
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

k wrote:Would it be possible to just immediately end the round when this error occurs and start a new round?
Good idea. That is global code, I think. Well, at least to start a new match is. We could probably rip out the necessary bits from that... Yes, that might work...
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Ok! After spending about half an hour trapizing through the Tigers Network log files, I have found some interesting information. (And yes, I can read all you said!)

1) Kess has three verified names. Kess, Kesshutsu, and BlackMaze. Once as BlackMaze412341 after presumably crashing one of my servers, and is under suspision of the name Anumeric, it was hard to verify this from the log file.

2) Kess has a static yes static ip. Everytime Kess has connected, or he has connected as one of his aliases, it has been from the same IP. 12.223.246.177. This ip needs to be blocked on ALL armagetron servers. This IP apears to be in either Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio, acording to his ISP's homepage. Which, if you do the look up on ARIN is Insight Communications Company, Inc..

3) I have discovered some interesting snippets of conversation of him as BlackMaze. Once again, these are taken from Tigers Network servers only.

Team Play:
BlackMaze: we can rip the whole thing now
Brody: :D

Brody: this was fun in ish
BlackMaze: I made a really complicated script for those 4 turns

Armagoshdarn Clone:
Draco II: are you kess?
BlackMaze412341: yea..

BlackMaze: I lagged out of darn.. wont let me on

So, as you can see, Kess is one hell of an asshole. I suggest we all send emails to his ISP saying that we are pissed off with the user at 12.223.246.177 and if we could have their address we'd be grateful. Maybe it is possible to bring some sort of legal action against him, but that's a thin case... Anyway. Here is the information do as you will and see fit.

Edit: If we've been having any problems with Brody, I can scan the logs for him too...