Screen Shots...

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Screen Shots...

Post by Tank Program »

Well, we were all playing on 'goshdarn earlier today and I just started taking screenshots, especially when Communist starting doing these pretty cool mazes. Here are the results from that spurt of picture taking. It was a lot of fun :). Watch out, they may take a little while to load as the average picture size is 900kBs. They are in png format so make sure your browser supports those.
Enjoy 8).

(They would of been up sooner but I had a power outage.)
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

mazes & patterns are fun :D

we should make a library of mazetypes and name them as well (some already have names like lasagna and celtic, and i'd like to call one of commies patterns for noodles) :mrgreen:
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

The screen shots look good.

I definitely see the spagetti thing going on. I also think starting some type of screen shot library would be a good idea. :wink:
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

i haven't played with OS macros for a long time... wonder if they'd be useful for defining tron art in advance? you'd have to make sure the moves were passed to armagetron's input buffer at a compatible rate... then again, this would probably be a good way to cheat. :(
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

umm, i think most players would frown upon using any macro's (both for drawing or for playing) the whole point is to do it manually because thats where the fun is - there's no fun just pressing one key and sitting back...

i haven't seen any move ever that i haven't been able to replicate although i may not be good at them (like repeated 180's - i suck at them) and i always use manual input so i don't think anyone uses pseudobots so far :mrgreen:
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I think I may write something for a dynamic library, so that people can upload pics and see them in gallery... It woulld be sweet to see the collective of all our greates mazes, grinds, and overal screenies...
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

Yeah, that would be cool. Then people could upload the pics at will.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

(As long as they wouldn't do it so much as to suck all my bandwith from my tron server :))
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

hmm tank does wherever this forum is hosted have some kind of quota on it? has been hell getting in here lately :(

maybe you should ask Z-man to make this the official armagetron forum and host this from sourceforge? (he would have to add you to the project group) at least that would mean unlimited bandwidth and other servers could get their own folders and moderators if they want to...

btw other projects have php-driven forums on sourceforge so the technical side of it is ok...
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

n54 wrote:has been hell getting in here lately :(
My ISP has been kindof shitty the last few days, and I'm working to get this resolved. See this topic where I already discussed this...
n54 wrote:maybe you should ask Z-man to make this the official armagetron forum and host this from sourceforge? (he would have to add you to the project group) at least that would mean unlimited bandwidth and other servers could get their own folders and moderators if they want to...
I sent Z-man an email awhile back and no response yet... But this is kindof my pet project, I started it up really, for no good reason, and it's turned into an OK place. Plus, it uses an access database and I'm pretty sourceforge doesn't support those... Not to say that I can't convert it to mysql, it's on my todo list. Then, after I do the mysql update, then I'll install attachmod, so that we can upload things even easier... :) In the meantime I'll get to work on a gallery, that's easier, I think...
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

ok, wow, cool & ok :mrgreen:
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

No kidding. Took me about 10-15 tries to get on the forum.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

n54 wrote:umm, i think most players would frown upon using any macro's (both for drawing or for playing) the whole point is to do it manually because thats where the fun is - there's no fun just pressing one key and sitting back...
i know, i know... that's why i mentioned cheating. i wasn't trying to discuss the merits of this, i was just pondering the technical feasability.
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

cheating :)

Post by iceman »

hey if ya want to try cheating :)

download my drive through walls cheat patch for windows version of armagetron 0.2.6.0 (click on game patches in the top menu)

http://iceman.150m.com
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

That patch is sweet. Good work.