I broke my server. ish down until further notice

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

ishAdmin
Match Winner

I broke my server. ish down until further notice

Post by ishAdmin »

Well, I was trying to get 2.7 to work on my server, and I've broken it good. I hope to hell I get this sorted out before morning, or I'm going to have some angry customers on my hands.

So don't blame anyone for it being down this time. It's my own screw up.

And wish me luck!

thanks,
ish
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

good luck, to all of us...
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Good luck buddy :wink:
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

eeek, lag... i mean: "eeek, kess"... no wait, i mean: eeek, admin! :o
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Yeah, I'm sure you'll soon have it sorted... :) (Good tool for fixing shit like this if you have direct access to the box... Zool linux. Fits on a floppy. Should allow you to mount root fs to change you know what in you know where.)
root down
Round Winner

Post by root down »

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GOD JESUS DAMN
np
stakes is high
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Tank Program wrote:Yeah, I'm sure you'll soon have it sorted... :) (Good tool for fixing shit like this if you have direct access to the box... Zool linux. Fits on a floppy. Should allow you to mount root fs to change you know what in you know where.)
There is also Knoppix, that alows you to do the same thing except its a bootable CD and it runs the whole operating sytem fromthe CD. It includes X-windows etc etc

Really handy for lots of reasons.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

Well, in this case I had to cut butter with a chainsaw.

My server is actually in a large data center, far from me phsically. But it has one short coming. No floppy or CD. I had on site techs install a second hard drive so I could get the machine up and fix the problem. the server will go down once more for a short time when they remove the second hard drive. Having it in a data center gets me a fairly big pipe to the internet, but it can make for a frustrating night when I can't be there to physically smell what's wrong. I pissed off a few customers, but I think a box or chocolates or two will make them happy again.

I still have a few things to tend too, as some extra stuff broke due to my meddlin'. As soon as I've gone through everything, I'll get the game back up. Sorry for the wait folks, but I'll get there.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

OK, I believe I finally gotten everything fixed on the server. It's game time again!

I'm running 2.6 right now. Once I get a safe solution, I'll upgrade it to 2.7. What I won't be doing is anymore 'experimenting'. I've more than a few customers peeved at me. I've got buy them all some chocolates and cheery them up!

And sorry about the wait guys, it took me a while to make it okey dokey again. Back to gaming!
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

thx ishadmin! :D
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Thanks, although I dont play on it alot.