Getting peeved.

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

Well, the overwelming concensus seems to be that you guys would like to self moderate. Perhaps letting Kess know you'll do this will be enough. The server didn't go down since yesterday, so perhaps better times are ahead.

tank, I'm running redhat 7.2 (yes, i know). I went to get the latest rpm's for libgcc for 7.2. the main one was fine, but the upgrade available conflicts with the earlier rpm, so I'm still left with 3 failed dependencies.

here they are:
error: failed dependencies:
libstdc++.so.5 is needed by armagetronad-dedicated-0.2.7.0-3
libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) is needed by armagetronad-dedicated-0.2.7.0-3
libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) is needed by armagetronad-dedicated-0.2.7.0-3

Oh yeah, one more thing. That linux executable isn't a dedicated version is it? This one: armagetronad-executable-0.2.7.0-3.i386.rpm
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Ok, I'm working on it... Would you like a goshdarnish section of the forums? And/or a private forum/group for goshdarnish moderators? Because once 0.2.7.0 is installed you just have one password, and I'm sure you want to have a few trusted players in different timezones in control... Anyway, basically if you want a forum section... No problem.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

I'll think about that. It might be a good idea. Let me see how 2.7 works out for me first though.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

ishAdmin, I had a talk with Kess, here,

AIM IM with Kess <kesshutsu>
5:39 PM
Zapple:dude, u gatta stop crashing Armagoshdarn in 2.6
Zapple:ishAdmin is getting mad
Zapple:its Zapple
Kess:srry back
Kess:yea
Zapple:So u ganna stop?
Kess:o.O yea.. it was accidental
Zapple:really? i heard u did it more then once
Kess:>< both times
Zapple:so u wont do it anymore?
Kess:o.o; yea
Zapple:ok thanks

ishAdmin, about that moderators in diff. timezones I would be able to do it if you want.
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

Kess knows he has the ability to crash the grid and continues to do so. He is attempting to rip the walls but i have found that if the wall is ripped repeatedly it tends to crash the game. Kess is a nice guy but he's gotta stop screwing around trying to exploit bugs its starting to get on everyones nerves
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

ok, i just came from a game where i was in spectator mode on Tigers Network Team Play, I saw Zapple and Kess ripping and encouraging\complimenting each other on "quick rips"...I'm sorry zapple but you have just made my shit list...
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

HHMMMMM.... not good. :evil:
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
Freewheelin'56
Round Winner

Post by Freewheelin'56 »

locutus wrote:...does anyone else agree with this position?
I agree with your position Loc.
Freewheelin'58 I want Goshdarn back!!
Great Googly Moogly
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

im also sick of kess crashing the server, ive asked him to stop it many times and always he says it was an accident :evil:

and zapple when you have got some serious problems
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

I hate spectator mode, lol.

After kess was in test server 2.7.0 and was trying to rip and then he said something like after he crashed the server, " Stupid server, it should have *something* sript, Tigers Network does so when it crashes, it auto-backs up." So then he said "wanna go, im going to team play." So I said "ok" cause I wanted to see how he does it.

Sorry if I made some of you mad, and I was not trying to crash the server, I was simple trying to rip, no harm done like I always do.

And I didnt help at all in the 2.7 crash because I was dead. lol.

And iceman! I dont have have ANY problem! So stfu. I think you have the problems quittign armagetron, sorry.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

"STFU"? zapple, if you were my kid you woud be in some serious shit for talking to an adult that way... do your parents hear you talk like that?
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Ishadmin, I would be more than honoredif you made me a moderator for my favorite server of all time. Lol and I'm not brown nosing either, its mainly the only server I go to when it isn't crashed, Im in Central Standard Time zone.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I should be writing a web admin script for armagetron... That'd wipe the shit of ppl's faces...
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

this is freaking ridiculous!!

OK-I played a game with kess and others tonight, some good games, I couldn't belive it, he actually did a double rip on purpose after all this...we kicked him about 2 or 3 times before he started to behave normally again...he will get the msg eventually...I asked him nicely as a friend to cut that sh*t out and he seemed to comply

Let me explain this to you people, IshAdmin has gone out of his way to deidecate a small portion of his server for our gaming needs..this server also runs a business (I believe), and gaming is way low on the list of priorities for him..we must treat this server with respect or lose it, I for one will not let kess or anyone else jeopardize the stability of that system by doing dumb things while I can do something about it.

If you see anyone behaving improperly, kick them ...we all know who our friends are and when a noob trys to kick one of us cause he's mad that he got kicked, of course it will be rejected by the majority of the players there.

Eventually all will learn respect for the server.
:Brad
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Getting peeved.

Post by :Brad »

[quote="ishAdmin"]
I'd like to know if 2.7 has the ability to ban by IP.

I cant see how this would be effective when a lot of service providers use dynamic IP for there users. :?

Also if added to player police it could cause a normal player being banned by a bunch of loosers who just want to hi jack a server.