Goshdarn Final - Match Wins

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

Post Reply
User avatar
Majination
Hero Of 2004
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Goshdarn Final - Match Wins

Post by Majination »

To teach myself Perl I had been writing a script to compile all sorts of interesting statistics on the players of 'Goshdarn. Unfortunately, that has all gone out the window now. However, there is a silver lining... I had the script output the final standings for everybody in its database. There are a few gaps, but it is for the most part complete. Sorry, players with under 20 matches were not kept in the database.

Code: Select all

ARMAGOSHDARN MATCH WINS
RANK  PLAYER NAME      SCORE
1     n54              1000
2     sAnSiBaR         833
3     Heinz            721
4     subby            700
5     Allanon          668
6     Communist        667
7     Road Kill        627
8     Digital Logic    611
9     Algerion         513
10    War Monkey       489
11    WallyWallWhackr  488
12    Z                449
13    Runner           439
14    Majination       435
15    bessy            403
16    Blind Man        399
17    Agix             393
18    Reverend         385
19    Zelig            354
20    Thak             337
21    amishvag         312
22    MagNaMan         311
23    RAM              310
24    Lackadaisical    307
25    Speedracer       302
26    Freewheelin'55   275
27    Cracker          272
29    Marrow           266
30    hqqns            263
31    Yaza             259
33    help im a bug    253
34    chills           249
36    k                239
37    Prey4Me          238
38    Your_mom         221
40    2+2=5            205
41    Jaber            201
42    eggcozy          196
43    n0c0n            189
44    [Dismal]Mute     188
45    Shizz            178
46    Shay             172
47    Uberdave         167
48    $hadOw-$(I2223r  162
50    nobody           154
51    nolimits         152
52    Bugg             148
53    [BBH]everclear   132
54    Kyle             131
55    SMOKEMz          128
56    Blind Man's Dog  124
59    darkness         116
60    d_mac            113
61    L7               111
62    Ralph Wiggum     108
63    Seleucus         107
64    Diabolik         105
65    Kesshutsu        100
68    Player 1         95
70    Alagan           92
72    Rush             88
72    boobert          88
73    SERVER CRASH     87
74    White Fire       84
75    AD88             82
76    guru3.sytes.net  81
77    Cyco             79
77    Zappa            79
78    loc              77
79    froot            76
80    nicolas.b        75
81    SilverCat[GE]    71
82    thesap           70
83    Truzi            69
84    le blackbeard    66
86    Player One       63
87    Lunacy           61
88    MANDRAKE 64 X    59
92    nervous          55
93    GrimZy           54
94    azkronic         53
95    root down        52
97    War Mon/<ey      50
99    Lost Soul        48
99    H_H              48
101   Hacktavist       46
102   crocatiel        45
102   the FROG         45
102   Ensair           45
104   (LiMEtte)        43
105   löcutus          42
106   bombing          41
107   2b|!2b?          40
108   SSC              39
111   tritone          36
111   Anumeric         36
111   Prayer 1         36
112   JonLord(Br)      35
112   Vooder           35
112   w!nd             35
112   Llaffer          35
113   Sjaak            34
113   been here        34
114   nocturnal        33
115   greenleaf        32
117   [BBH]bAcaRdI     30
118   Kamikaze         29
118   Cao              29
120   ChickenRacer     27
120   Quetzal          27
120   Hubub!           27
121   Blade Runner     26
122   Andre            25
123   RUDEBOY!         24
123   ŠüþéRTàRÐ        24
123   LOL!             24
124   :Brad            23
124   X Factor         23
125   Brody            22
125   Sonic            22
125   Sylv             22
125   CyrusFusion      22
126   Tiffany          21
126   nemostultae      21
127   D                20
127   [AC]Recca        20
127   Pirate           20
127   ooixx            20
Take it easy... <sniff>
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek

User avatar
Speedracer
Match Winner
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Northern California, USA
Contact:

Re: Goshdarn Final - Match Wins

Post by Speedracer »

Code: Select all

ARMAGOSHDARN MATCH WINS
RANK  PLAYER NAME      SCORE
16    Blind Man        399
17    Agix             393
18    Reverend         385
19    Zelig            354
20    Thak             337
21    amishvag         312
22    MagNaMan         311
23    RAM              310
24    Lackadaisical    307
25    Speedracer       302
26    Freewheelin'55   275
27    Cracker          272
29    Marrow           266
30    hqqns            263
31    Yaza             259
33    help im a bug    253
I have been wondering who I have been needing to kill. Not that it matters now. 8)
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.

User avatar
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD
Posts: 6709
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Post by Tank Program »

I was at like 16 :(, oh well... On the bright side, good work!
Image

User avatar
Freewheelin'56
Round Winner
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:02 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by Freewheelin'56 »

I was coming to get ya Speed :lol: :lol:
Freewheelin'58 I want Goshdarn back!!
Great Googly Moogly

User avatar
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:18 am
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"
Contact:

Post by nicolas.b »

very cool, maji. :)

so there was a way to access the stats in a generalised way, independent of specific name-lookup?

User avatar
chills
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:29 pm

Post by chills »

I noticed that Loc's page still has Armagoshdarn player stats available, which means that name lookup still works, even though there's not a link to it.

Just add your player name to the following address to look up your stats: http://www.armagetron.mars.org/lookup/?player=

I did this when I noticed that my other two player names (Lawmune and .5.) weren't on Maji's list, even though they had 22 and 32 match wins respectively. I guess Maji's list only compiled stats on names that he played against?

Anyhow, it's too sad to think of these as the final stats. I'm still hoping beyond hope that goshdarn returns :(
chills (249)
aka .5. (32) and Lawmune (22)


Image


My current web browser of choice is Opera 8. Check it out!

User avatar
Majination
Hero Of 2004
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by Majination »

nicolas.b wrote:so there was a way to access the stats in a generalised way, independent of specific name-lookup?
Unfortunately, no.

chills wrote:I guess Maji's list only compiled stats on names that he played against?
More accurately, the script only compiled the stats of those people it had seen in the "now playing" section of the armagoshdarn website. To avoid bandwidth consumption the webpage was monitored every so often throughout the day, checking the list of players for those it didn't recognize. When it found someone new it would add them to the database, recording their current ranking and number of match wins. To keep the database up to date, at midnight GMT the script would look up and record the totals for everybody it knew (bandwidth hog - this is why it would only keep track of people with more than 20 matches).

The cool part...

It would keep a record of everyone's ranking and matches for each of the last seven days. Armed with this information the script was able to output how many matches each person had won over the last seven days, and more importantly, how many places they had moved up or down on the listing over those seven days. This was REALLY COOL because you could see not only who your closest competitors were, but also who was catching up to you.

The things I was in the middle of implementing were:

o Ranking of top match winners over the last seven days.
o Ranking of top rank improvements over the last seven days.
o Ranking of Top Five greatest number of match wins in a week (like a high score)
o Ranking of Top Five greatest rank improvements in a week (like a high score)

I even had some spiffy html output.
chills wrote:Anyhow, it's too sad to think of these as the final stats. I'm still hoping beyond hope that goshdarn returns :(
That's true, Chills. I hope so, too... 'Goshdarn was the only server I ever played at. I just don't find the same level of enjoyment elsewhere. Sure, the same players will move on to new servers, but quite frankly it wasn't always just the players. The server had character.
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek

User avatar
Champion
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:03 am

Re: Goshdarn Final - Match Wins

Post by Champion »

Majination wrote:To teach myself Perl I had been writing a script to compile all sorts of interesting statistics on the players of 'Goshdarn. Unfortunately, that has all gone out the window now. However, there is a silver lining... I had the script output the final standings for everybody in its database. There are a few gaps, but it is for the most part complete. Sorry, players with under 20 matches were not kept in the database.

Code: Select all

ARMAGOSHDARN MATCH WINS
RANK  PLAYER NAME      SCORE
1     n54              1000
2     sAnSiBaR         833
3     Heinz            721
4     subby            700
5     Allanon          668
6     Communist        667
7     Road Kill        627
8     Digital Logic    611
9     Algerion         513
10    War Monkey       489
11    WallyWallWhackr  488
12    Z                449
13    Runner           439
14    Majination       435
15    bessy            403
16    Blind Man        399
17    Agix             393
18    Reverend         385
19    Zelig            354
20    Thak             337
21    amishvag         312
22    MagNaMan         311
23    RAM              310
24    Lackadaisical    307
25    Speedracer       302
26    Freewheelin'55   275
27    Cracker          272
29    Marrow           266
30    hqqns            263
31    Yaza             259
33    help im a bug    253
34    chills           249
36    k                239
37    Prey4Me          238
38    Your_mom         221
40    2+2=5            205
41    Jaber            201
42    eggcozy          196
43    n0c0n            189
44    [Dismal]Mute     188
45    Shizz            178
46    Shay             172
47    Uberdave         167
48    $hadOw-$(I2223r  162
50    nobody           154
51    nolimits         152
52    Bugg             148
53    [BBH]everclear   132
54    Kyle             131
55    SMOKEMz          128
56    Blind Man's Dog  124
59    darkness         116
60    d_mac            113
61    L7               111
62    Ralph Wiggum     108
63    Seleucus         107
64    Diabolik         105
65    Kesshutsu        100
68    Player 1         95
70    Alagan           92
72    Rush             88
72    boobert          88
73    SERVER CRASH     87
74    White Fire       84
75    AD88             82
76    guru3.sytes.net  81
77    Cyco             79
77    Zappa            79
78    loc              77
79    froot            76
80    nicolas.b        75
81    SilverCat[GE]    71
82    thesap           70
83    Truzi            69
84    le blackbeard    66
86    Player One       63
87    Lunacy           61
88    MANDRAKE 64 X    59
92    nervous          55
93    GrimZy           54
94    azkronic         53
95    root down        52
97    War Mon/<ey      50
99    Lost Soul        48
99    H_H              48
101   Hacktavist       46
102   crocatiel        45
102   the FROG         45
102   Ensair           45
104   (LiMEtte)        43
105   löcutus          42
106   bombing          41
107   2b|!2b?          40
108   SSC              39
111   tritone          36
111   Anumeric         36
111   Prayer 1         36
112   JonLord(Br)      35
112   Vooder           35
112   w!nd             35
112   Llaffer          35
113   Sjaak            34
113   been here        34
114   nocturnal        33
115   greenleaf        32
117   [BBH]bAcaRdI     30
118   Kamikaze         29
118   Cao              29
120   ChickenRacer     27
120   Quetzal          27
120   Hubub!           27
121   Blade Runner     26
122   Andre            25
123   RUDEBOY!         24
123   ŠüþéRTàRÐ        24
123   LOL!             24
124   :Brad            23
124   X Factor         23
125   Brody            22
125   Sonic            22
125   Sylv             22
125   CyrusFusion      22
126   Tiffany          21
126   nemostultae      21
127   D                20
127   [AC]Recca        20
127   Pirate           20
127   ooixx            20
Take it easy... <sniff>
Ahem!
Hi armegatron DUDES!!!

User avatar
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Lackadaisical »

It's too bad your nifty program didnt have a chance to be seen in full action, Maji

on another note: whoohoo! i'm in the top 25 :D and in the 300+ club too! ;)

[edit]
Champion, you probably dont have 20 matchwins then, you can check out your stats here:
http://www.armagetron.mars.org/lookup/?player=Champion

User avatar
Majination
Hero Of 2004
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by Majination »

Lackadaisical wrote:It's too bad your nifty program didnt have a chance to be seen in full action, Maji
I agree. Hopefully, though, the server will come back. I refuse to give up hoping, hehe.

Here is a small shot of the output with ranking/match improvement arrows.
Hopefully other servers will take the idea and run with it. Notice that this is a 10 day total instead of seven... this is because I hadn't been running the program every day during my testing phase.


Image
Lackadaisical wrote:on another note: whoohoo! i'm in the top 25 :D and in the 300+ club too! ;)
Wooohoo!
You may not be in the top 15 match winners under only one name, but at least you have the recognition of many that you are in the top 15 best players there. You are one scary adversary! :o
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek

User avatar
Speedracer
Match Winner
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Northern California, USA
Contact:

Post by Speedracer »

Majination wrote:
chills wrote:Anyhow, it's too sad to think of these as the final stats. I'm still hoping beyond hope that goshdarn returns :(
That's true, Chills. I hope so, too... 'Goshdarn was the only server I ever played at. I just don't find the same level of enjoyment elsewhere. Sure, the same players will move on to new servers, but quite frankly it wasn't always just the players. The server had character.
I agree. BTW- I really like that stats page... very useful...Someday. :|
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.

Post Reply