Still Depressed & Angry

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Still Depressed & Angry

Post by nicolas.b »

sorry if i seem extra peevish lately, but i really am depressed about goshdarn going down. i had just started the "guru3" project about a week-and-a-half ago and i thought it was going really nicely. big thanks again to all the peeps who contributed precious match wins- che, FW, node, rude, root, been there & speedracer (chronological order). we had it up to 80+ wins in only a week! you guys were awesome! :D

i am semi-disabled and frankly don't have much going on in my life these days, and really looked forward to pushing the server total up everyday in an arena that had my personal favorite settings and was very popular. hence my depression.

and my anger? kess & brody, i don't blame you a bit for the initial round of experiments which led to the crash. it's always fun to push the envelope and see how ripgrinding works in person (even tho it's a very old documented bug). but i really do resent the fact that neither one of you could be bothered to give verement a shout out and that after the server was restored you went back and did it all over again. especially after agreeing to stick to tigers for such experiments.

so i am depressed & angry for now, and look forward very much to when i won't be feeling that way anymore. BTW, here are the final front-page stats for our home:
Attachments
Armagoshdarn.crash.no.two.zip
(1.98 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I share your grief nic, I really do. Even though I did not play much, and especially not much on armagoshdarn, I still realize how important it was to the armagetron scene, and I continue to hope for its triumphant return.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

Wow when it went down i was #12 on the top surviver list its kind of comferting :D to know when it went down i was one of the best even if i never had the time to win 1000 matches its kind of cool :wink: i will miss this server it was my home none of the other servers can compare . Thanks for that file it proves to me im not a tron nobody.
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

I can't get the downlaod... please help. :(

Nico, I hope that you were not so caught up in this game that you feel like your world was just unplugged. These are the reasons why I took a break when I did. I still am angry and sad, but had I not aquired a job and a girlfriend, my depression might look a little like yours. Cookies always make me feel better when I am depressed. Try to go outside sometimes. It is nice of you to forgive the curiosity of the two trouble makers, but I am not so quick to let go. I demand that they not be allowed to play the game for a certain trial period and that they mail a letter of apology. :?
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

thanks, guys. i appreciate that.

so is anybody going to approach verement directly (email) and suggest the tigers code addition so his server won't crash anymore if restarted?

seems like there must be someone out there who's talked to him in the past...?