why is this server soooo laggy lately ?

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

It's the same server dude! The same physical computer runs all Tigers Network Servers, same connection everything. Therefore, if it works fine for the rest of the world, and does not work fine, it must be your problem because the whole world can't be wrong.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

ok

Post by Zapple »

Well its not my problem.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

well, zapple, maybe it's taking too many hops for your connection to make it there... did you consider that? try a trace route and compare it the other tiger servers, maybe...
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Sorry Tank, but the rest of the world isnt ok :) Europe and most America maybe but not Oz :) And no its not my computer. Most likely the physical distance b/w here and there.
Heinz
Average Program

Post by Heinz »

I just switch from dial in ISDN to T1 about one to two month ago, first it works fine, but now the usage of Armagosdarn is much worst than with dialup and all other servers i try are better but I like to stay.

Walls are jumping, opponents seems to drive straight ahead also they just turn, some driver kills me and I just see them after death, ...

I am strongly sure it is the server, hope a restart of the server can fix it and I hope it happens very next time
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Yes Armagoshdarn needs a restart........
sAnSiBaR
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sAnSiBaR »

Oh i wish goshdarn back to normal.

Tiger server is fine but still: it's not goshdarn :(

@subby: yes it was better and worse in the past, but never that way as in the past 2-3 weeks. It seems something with this server is messed up real bad.

@zapple: I wish I had a mac :) See u on the grid :)
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I wasnt sure if someone already contacted verement, but I sent him an email anyway. He has now rebooted the server, and i was there a couple of minutes ago and it is looking good :D yay
Thak
Average Program

Post by Thak »

Yeah, I was playing there with 15 other people, and even though it was crazy, it wasn't near as laggy as it was before.

Thanks for contacting him about fixing it Lack. :)
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

wow, great work, lack! :D