Its time!

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

I've wanted to get it for a long time, but I've always wondered how well it works. But, I've heard that it has 99% accuracy, or so they claim.
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Well, that depends on what you are wanting it to do. I use two different recognition programs. The first, DragonDictate, is amazing at letting me do everything hands-free. It controls the mouse, navigates through menus, etc., while still working as general purpose dictation software. The catch is, I have to pause about a tenth of a second between each word I speak.

The second software program, NaturallySpeaking, in my opinion sucks for doing anything but dictation. It tries to accomplish the other things but doesn't really do any of them well. As far as dictation goes, though, there is absolutely nothing to match it. I can speak as quickly as I normally do or faster and it will keep up with me, typing everything into the window. Interestingly enough, this speed increase is actually detrimental to my writing. It writes everything down so quickly that I don't have a chance to really think about what I want to be writing. With DragonDictate I find myself starting my sentences while still forming them, which works out better for me.

NaturallySpeaking is available on Kazaa and other such places. It really is a trip!
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Marrow wrote:I've wanted to get it for a long time, but I've always wondered how well it works. But, I've heard that it has 99% accuracy, or so they claim.
Out of the box I would say it has about 95% accuracy. With a little training, though, it gets better.
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

Majination wrote:It writes everything down so quickly that I don't have a chance to really think about what I want to be writing.
That'll get you in trouble!
NaturallySpeaking is available on Kazaa and other such places. It really is a trip!
I'll going to take a look at it. And register it if I decide to keep it, of course. :lol:
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Marrow wrote:That'll get you in trouble!
Especially in this neck of the woods! There is always some wild creature lurking about waiting patiently for the opportunity to snatch up and twist anothers words...
Marrow wrote:I'll going to take a look at it. And register it if I decide to keep it, of course. :lol:
I knew you and I shared the same sort of values... ;)
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

hehe, you got it.
Brasilrules
Banned User

Post by Brasilrules »

Prey4Me wrote:when i talk bad about brasil its only because of my personal experiences with him on the gird
i don't like him due to his outrageous spamming, the way he talks to everyone as if they are inferior to him and because at one time him and nolimits would get on and make the grid their playground by killing everyone off and then purposely not killing each other for long lengths of time so that they would win due to the time limit (this hasn't happened for awhile thankfully)
so i will talk to brasil any way i please and he can do the same to me
Hey Prey4Me wazzup dude?

Me and nolimits are friends, so friends do not kill each other, so we decide to do something different, that we called "The Tunel Thing", the tunel is a way to get full speed in game, now a days most of the people use it to increase speed. We never waste time to win, I never needed to do this to win. Maybe we maked people a little furious that time, but that is a part of the game. When someone find something new, other person can get jealousy or furious about that, but that's the way it is.

Cu.
Its Time!
Brasilrules
Banned User

Post by Brasilrules »

nicolas.b wrote:
Brasilrules wrote:I'm not doomed.
i never said you were, my son.
I'm not your son.

:lol:
Its Time!
Brasilrules
Banned User

Post by Brasilrules »

Speedracer wrote:lol maji. I hope Brasilrules understands The Karate Kid.

BTW- I am tired of posting so I am in goshdarn if you want to play. l8rs.
Karate Kid, about that movie? Daniel-san ?

:lol: :P
Its Time!
Brasilrules
Banned User

Post by Brasilrules »

Majination wrote:Well, that depends on what you are wanting it to do. I use two different recognition programs. The first, DragonDictate, is amazing at letting me do everything hands-free. It controls the mouse, navigates through menus, etc., while still working as general purpose dictation software. The catch is, I have to pause about a tenth of a second between each word I speak.

The second software program, NaturallySpeaking, in my opinion sucks for doing anything but dictation. It tries to accomplish the other things but doesn't really do any of them well. As far as dictation goes, though, there is absolutely nothing to match it. I can speak as quickly as I normally do or faster and it will keep up with me, typing everything into the window. Interestingly enough, this speed increase is actually detrimental to my writing. It writes everything down so quickly that I don't have a chance to really think about what I want to be writing. With DragonDictate I find myself starting my sentences while still forming them, which works out better for me.

Hey Maji. I used a voice recognition software to play UT2004, its amazing.
"Cover me, Bot" . "Defend the base, Bot" , "Suicide, Bot" :lol:
Its Time!
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

Brasilrules wrote:I'm not your son.
i have considered this carefully and decided you are correct, my son.

my apologies.

:lol:
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

Majination wrote:
Marrow wrote:That'll get you in trouble!
Especially in this neck of the woods! There is always some wild creature lurking about waiting patiently for the opportunity to snatch up and twist anothers words...
Marrow wrote:I'll going to take a look at it. And register it if I decide to keep it, of course. :lol:
I knew you and I shared the same sort of values... ;)
maji, you still make my mouth twist into all these weird shapes on a regular basis. godamn you!

on a serious note, where is that first software available? the dragon-with-the-heart-of-a-chicken thing? ALSO... what kind of mic do you use and where do you think i can find a decent one that doesn't cost fortune?

uh... thank you! 8)
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

Me and nolimits are friends, so friends do not kill each other, so we decide to do something different, that we called "The Tunel Thing", the tunel is a way to get full speed in game, now a days most of the people use it to increase speed. We never waste time to win, I never needed to do this to win. Maybe we maked people a little furious that time, but that is a part of the game. When someone find something new, other person can get jealousy or furious about that, but that's the way it is.[/quote]

i understand that you guys are friends, but you guys didn't say you were trying something new or doing something that would make us wait for a good reason, most of us wouldn't mind waiting to see something cool but if you don't tell us then we will assume you are just being a dick
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

nicolas.b wrote:on a serious note, where is that first software available? the dragon-with-the-heart-of-a-chicken thing? ALSO... what kind of mic do you use and where do you think i can find a decent one that doesn't cost fortune?
The first software I mentioned, DragonDictate, is unfortunately no longer available. They now push the second software package, NaturallySpeaking. I'm sure if you knew a shady individual they would send you copies. Kazaa is a good place to look for NaturallySpeaking, too.

The microphone business can be tricky. You want one that is noise-canceling, or some such feature. The boom-type of microphone isn't recommended; you'll want a headset. I haven't shopped around for a microphone in quite some time, but your best bet is to get a USB microphone. The signal is digital w/o the need to be routed through the sound card.

To summarize, get a USB headset mic. If it is noise-canceling it is even better. Wireless mics are even better than that, but are more expensive and more of a hassle to setup.
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Perhaps... what if... maybe...

Wouldn't that be a trip if nico and brasil found out they really were long lost brothers... lol I think we should all become blood brothers and make a pact. that way we can become the TRON MAFIA. 8)
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.