Its time!

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

brasil rules is by far not an innocent man! People like N54 and I, who have been around for a while know this person to be a very bad man at times. And just like in real society one pays for ones actions. No one forced him to do shitty things (and believe you me it is not just spam), but as far as i'm concerned they guy needs to be punished.

You are welcome to have your opinons, and as far as i know this website is not a democracy, it is run by tank, and he has every right to do as he pleases. All we can hope for is that he is responsible and fair which i think we have seen. How many 15 (i think you are 15?) year olds would set up a forum like this succesfully (in his free time) and behave like an adult.

Keep up the good work tank!
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Point taken and filed under RESPECT. :done:
Well, we'll see how it goes. 8)
*steps back and assesses damage.*
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Yes, I am 15. Yes, I do run these forums in my free time. I may not always read everything, because this is a lot of text to go thru, and face it, some of it is boring. (at least to me.) I'd be more than willing to re-instate brasilrules, his behaivor here has been responsible. However, if I do, several people would probably leave, and these are kindof important people... I'm convinced, however, you have to convice everyone else.
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

hey tank you gotta do what you gotta do and i agree whole heartedly with everything subby says :D
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

if i lived in brasil what i would do is this- go visit his house, offer any pretext to get in, then just keep lingering there. when they started to get irritated i would just smile, act friendly and speak incomprehensibly. and continue to stay. eventually they would probably just call the cops or something and i would be forced to leave. but still i would leave behind me the strong impression of "WTF just happened and what can we do to prevent that happening again??"

but i've learned that people rarely understand their own behaviors when you mirror those behaviors back to them. most people in my experience do not like to self-analyse, so you either get frustrated, try to ignore the behavior, or take on the role of patient teacher.

anybody feel like being patient teacher to BR? LOL
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

nicolas.b wrote:anybody feel like being patient teacher to BR? LOL
:| I will. :|
We are here today to talk about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow will soon be today.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

well well that didn't take long

i think most people who knows "brasil rules" will understand the action taken

"brasil rules" has done the following against almost all players ever since i first had the unfortunate opportunity of meeting him:
- engaged in constant spamming while playing
- verbal abuse while playing (swearwords & harassment)
- frequently fakes the names of other players
- showing extreme lack of sportsmanship in the game: dragging out matches with a "friend" (on armagoshdarn it used to be nolimits - in a way i hope fnm isn't nolimits because nolimits is usually a reasonable person)

the points above are sad but not too uncommon (although "brasil rules" is by far the worst i've seen anywhere) and nothing anyone with some experience cares much about as they are typical of persons that are either not mature, lacks intelligence, lacks respect for other human beings, lacks respect for themselves, need some anger management therapy, have an inferiority complex, or several of these things combined if not all

what made me react and push for the disablement of "brasil rules"'s account here was (in addition to the above) what happened on armagoshdarnish 2.6:
- "brasil rules" started to drag out matches with fnm, as an example one match was won by one of them (don't remember which) with 5 pts after timeout... stuff like that never happens in fair games
- i said something like "not this shit again" and "please stop"
- "brasil rules" kicked me
- i asked him to please stop, "brasil rules" of course feigned innocence, pretty stupid of him to do as none others on the grid would act in such a way. i polled for a kick of "brasil rules" and asked ppl to plz help out
- "brasil rules" started kicking people left and right together with the "friend" of his named fnm
- "brasil rules" changed his name to n54 and started the normal torrent of abuse, fnm also changed his name to n54
- "brasil rules" started to kick-spam: making multiple kick requests for all players (since he was now named n54 he ended up kicking himself as well). i have reason to believe he has found a way to subvert the kicking system. he also started verbal abuse of all other players except fnm
- i told him i would get him banned from this forum and he replied "i don't care" and "who cares?", to which i replied "i do"

that's it in general and it may not sound too bad unless you were there and saw it all. it lasted at least half an hour and from the serverbrowser i later on saw that it ended up with only two players (both named n54) playing - i presume it was "brasil rules" and fnm as noone else was "allowed" to play.

here is what i think:
- "brasil rules" is not interested in playing, but only in sabotage
- extremely offensive and poor behaviour (also represented well in his posts earlier in this thread) is not an "opinion" or a "democratic right"
- the administrator and moderators on this forum do actually have a bigger say in what goes on here than the rest, and Tank is the owner and can do absolutely whatever he wishes to do
- i believe persons like "brasil rules" have no business on this forum
- "brasil rules" should have the dignity to realize he is not well liked by the moderators here, accept this fact and move on (and hopefully change before he pisses off somebody in reallife who might not take such a fairly moderate action as he has experienced here)
- if "brasil rules" is on this forum i have no interest in being at the forum as i know it is not below "brasil rules" to do his utmost to destroy a community... actually i don't think anything at all is below "brasil rules"
- i am not here to be a replacement parent or teacher for people like "brasil rules" but rather to enjoy the company of likeminded ppl (gamewise of course :mrgreen:)

last and not least a little tip to "brasil rules": do not continue to believe you are anonymous on the internet even if you refresh your ip address - i'm sure you have played at at least one server with logging enabled, in addition this forum will have information on you... so start behaving: it will serve you well in the long run

good riddance :D
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Well said and well done. 8)
My concern for brasil rules was merely a thought of unfairness. I want everyone to know that you are all doing a great job. I came in at the end of that problem on ish 2.6. I witnessed for myself the random kicks and impersonations. I told BR that I lost any and all respect for him and that he should then go muff himself. I then proceeded to spam the shizz out of him and he left or lagged out. In any event, I will not miss him. I was never a friend of his. I just wanted to be one out of many to be nice. *bows head to mods and quietly walks away*
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

i'm glad i wasn't there. i probably would have thrown my monitor thru the nearest window (got two choices- both 3ft away). because i had almost the same scenerio happen once with some 12year old and his friend, "*king hippo*" or something, who if i remember correctly had some catchphrase he would always use "godamn, batman!" or something. and it turned me rather bitter on arma.

and i recall reading about a dramatic rise in the # of kids who have this personality / behavior (can't remember technical name) of acting out in order to elicit anger from others. this makes them very amused and gets them thru their day, apparantly.

what to do when you find yourself stuck in a child's body on the island of "lord of the flies"...? it took me awhile to recover after reading that book... :(
selurlisarb

Armagetron Brasil -CLONE-

Post by selurlisarb »

That's the Brasil rules bike (Bessy have seeing this pic, a longe time ago):

Attachments
Brasil rules - Bike
Brasil rules - Bike
Last edited by selurlisarb on Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
!emiT stI
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

so he's back. :?
Speedracer
Match Winner

Post by Speedracer »

Ummmm... No...

I hope you are brasil rules's sister again... You are quite a nice girl and that bike looks pimpin. 8)
selurlisarb

Re: Its time!

Post by selurlisarb »

:D Hello Folks!

So nothing really happens since I left :ghost:
Damn, nice old days...
Most of the people I played with, now are dead, what a shame :skull:

He is coming, 21DEC2012.
Last edited by selurlisarb on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!emiT stI
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

idc
selurlisarb

Post by selurlisarb »

Word wrote:idc
dsl
!emiT stI