Armagoshdarn Server Settings

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

ishAdmin
Match Winner

Armagoshdarn Server Settings

Post by ishAdmin »

folks twas asking about this, so I searched the forums and dug them out. (and it took too darn long, cuz I ain't smart enough).

Anyway, if anyone wish to run a goshdarn, here are the original settings:

SP_SIZE_FACTOR -3
SP_SPEED_FACTOR 1
SIZE_FACTOR -2
SPEED_FACTOR 1.5
CYCLE_BRAKE 5
CYCLE_BRAKE_DEPLETE 1
CYCLE_RUBBER 3
CYCLE_PING_RUBBER 5
TEAM_MAX_PLAYERS 1
TEAMS_MIN 3
TEAMS_MAX 100
SP_TEAMS_MIN 4
WIN_ZONE_MIN_LAST_DEATH 30
WIN_ZONE_MIN_ROUND_TIME 180
SP_WALLS_LENGTH 600
WALLS_LENGTH 600
SP_SCORE_WIN 0
SCORE_WIN 0
SCORE_SUICIDE 0
SCORE_KILL 1
SCORE_DIE 0
SP_LIMIT_SCORE 10
SP_LIMIT_ROUNDS 100
SP_LIMIT_TIME 60
LIMIT_SCORE 10
LIMIT_ROUNDS 100
LIMIT_TIME 15
2b|!2b?
On Lightcycle Grid

Suicide score still 0?

Post by 2b|!2b? »

Looks like the suicide score has changed on armagoshdarn, no? Very recently.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

yes, I changed it on ish. my settings aren't identical to original goshdarn. (which is why I add the ish to the name).

I've been trying out the suicide -1 thing. If you die a cheap death, and no one was there to kill you, you lose a point. If someone else gets credit for the kill, you don't lose a point. Either way, a death means the point spread changes. I'm thinking it's a good setting. Most people seem to like it. A couple don't. So do you like this change? Or not? I take everyone's opinion into consideration.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

ishAdmin wrote:yes, I changed it on ish. my settings aren't identical to original goshdarn. (which is why I add the ish to the name).

I've been trying out the suicide -1 thing. If you die a cheap death, and no one was there to kill you, you lose a point. If someone else gets credit for the kill, you don't lose a point. Either way, a death means the point spread changes. I'm thinking it's a good setting. Most people seem to like it. A couple don't. So do you like this change? Or not? I take everyone's opinion into consideration.
I only like it when the console says "Lucifer lost one point for doing something stupid".
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

ishAdmin wrote:yes, I changed it on ish. my settings aren't identical to original goshdarn. (which is why I add the ish to the name).

I dont like it because at the end I always like to do crazy stuff
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

I "heaven forbid' agree with Zapple in a way. I think it might make people play more "safe" and beless entertaining. I might however be wrong.... (Its happened before *shock horror* ;) )
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

Flu flag set to 1, be warned! My comments are feber induced!!!

About the "suicide is -1 point"

I wont take a stance.... ok, I think it cuts down on the "doing wacky stuff"... darn, I've slipped.

Ok, now, really no stances:

If I've learned 1 thing on this forum, is that for every decision that you can work on and ponder and try to balance, there will be many ppl who will post agains it. What ever your decision is. And I've done it more than my share, so its not a finger pointing.

But its server settings here. Its your server, fix it like you want. If ppl dont like it to a higher degree than posting an anser, they can always change servers.

Or just ask it/present it differently, like "would you stop playing at server X if setting Y was put at Z?"

So revising my own position, I would rather say" It might cut down on the wacky stuff, but a) I can always find another server to do wacky stuff or b) if I feel like doing wacky stuff, score is not my biggest concern." (1)

-ph
1) Yeah yeah, lots of you are good player that can actually do constructive wacky stuff, rather than my fooling around wacky stuff.
Canis meus id comedit.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

I think that people who do wacky stuff aren't score oriented. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

ishAdmin wrote:I think that people who do wacky stuff aren't score oriented. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.
You might have a point there :) No pun intended .... ;)
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

hmm i thought doing wacky stuff was like one of the best ways to be sure you got scores? hehe :)