Armagosdarnish? not reachable?

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

2b|!2b?
On Lightcycle Grid

Armagosdarnish? not reachable?

Post by 2b|!2b? »

What's up with armagoshdarnish? It is unreachable. Is it down? Temporarily? Permanently? Do tell!!!!
root down
Round Winner

Post by root down »

taking advantage of free image hosting. don't mind me
Attachments
aimtribe1.gif
aimtribe1.gif (550 Bytes) Viewed 11142 times
Last edited by root down on Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stakes is high
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

lol... as for darnish, I don't know, but I expect we'll see soon...
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

I talked to ISH and he said it was down because someone crashed it
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

I've been trying to find out who crashed the game with a rip grind. If you visit the stats page, you'll see the current players page, which are really the players who were there when it crashed. One person told me they saw the rip, but not who did it.

I'll put the game back up, but I was really hoping for more information before I did that. Anyone know anything?
2b|!2b?
On Lightcycle Grid

IP addresses?

Post by 2b|!2b? »

Ish, do you have IP addresses? Maybe Kess is back?
2b|!2b?
On Lightcycle Grid

Did the crash dump a core?

Post by 2b|!2b? »

Ish, if the crash dumped a core, running 'strings' through it might tell you who caused the crash. That is only if you run UNIX and have the kernel set to dump a core when a program crashes...
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

well, I was hoping for witnesses, much easier.

I guess I'll have to dig through the logs to find each ip and where they trace to. Frankly, my first instinct is to block everyone in there at the time if no one is going to speak up about it. I realise of course that some of the players don't read this forum, or visit the stats pages. So just how do I get their attention?
2b|!2b?
On Lightcycle Grid

Blocking might not be the answer at first

Post by 2b|!2b? »

hm... I suggest you get the IP address to each of the players at the time of the crash and don't block them.
If there is a next crash, then see if you can match an IP address of the current players or a network range. That , most likely, will be the perpetrator.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

And about the ip's in logs. I wish the ip for each player was also shown on the same line as the 'entered the game' entry instead of only on the Received login line. It would make greping the ip of a particular player a lot easier. Perhaps I should suggest this in the development forum.

ok, ish is back up.
2b|!2b?
On Lightcycle Grid

Thank you!

Post by 2b|!2b? »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! .....
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

:)
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

ok i just ripped ish by accident. ish i dont blame you if you ban me, this is getting out of control. Im going to quit playing until i can be conviced i wont be able to rip by accident. you can consider this my formal resignation from playing tron for at least several months, this upsets me deeply. But i feel i am becoming a hazard to the tron community. While some of you may miss me i feel it necisary for myself to leave until i am sure the possibilities of myself ripping by accident are slim to none, again my deepest appologies ish.with darn down because of rips i feel partially responcible if anything happened to your server... Peace,and dont forget to \oo/rock out\oo/
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

Don't be crazy mom! I appreciate you admitting you ripped it by accident. Keep playing! Did the game go down?

But I am curious. How do you rip accidentally? I mean, what is it that you are doing when this happens. If you feel the information could be used for evil, then pm me. I'm looking for information that might help determine better settings that will lower the likelyhood of this.
Yaza Yamagotchi
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Yaza Yamagotchi »

I have ripped on accident as well... Pretty sure I have ripped once on Ish and at least once on boc.

How it happened:

I did a normal grind - dug into the wall and turned as per usual and I found myself outside the arena wall...

I did not use brakes - I did not do an adjust - I just did a straight up grind and was outside the wall with a rip - rather unfortunate IMO. I have no idea how it can happen that way - but I know from personal experiance that it can. (I am guessing that it may have something to do with lag/slide)

none of the servers crashed when it happened - but I too find it disturbing and have considered not playing until the ripping situation is fixed as it is VERY annoying when you do a normal grind and find you ripped the arena. :(
bored of amagetron?
try swron or one of the other fun games @ Arcade Games Online