A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Here you can discuss anything about the servers hosted by The Server Pharm!

Moderator: compguygene

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2337
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by compguygene »

I now have a hosting server in Dallas, Texas and a gameserver, Wild West Saloon SumoBar, for those of you that have been looking for a decent server in the USA to play SumoBar style Sumo. Wild West servers in the past had many mods besides Wild West clan members, in fact the servers pre-dated the clan by a few years. So, if anyone wants to be a mod, pm me here or ideally, go to http://www.wwclan.net register and make a post about it under servers.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by ConVicT »

Any chance you could host The CLASSIC Submarine on your American server?
I'm always being asked to, but I rent my servers and don't really want to pay before I see how it goes.

It would only be like a week or so, if it becomes active, I will rent a server and host it myself.

P.S. I will provide server_info.cfg, settings_custom.cfg, and anything else you need.
I have a script for a few things, but they're not exactly mandatory.

If you're American, you either have to like fort or sumo, or deal with E.U lag, so maybe this could even be a way of getting new players.

User avatar
Magi
Match Winner
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by Magi »

ConVicT wrote: If you're American, you either have to like fort or sumo, or deal with dogfighters, so maybe this could even be a way of getting new players.
FTFY :wink:

I could care less about the EU/NA lag, but for some reason the Sub servers just seem laggier than any other EU server I've played in, dunno why
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

bye

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by ConVicT »

Magi wrote:I could care less
Dear America
Magi wrote:for some reason the Sub servers just seem laggier than any other EU server I've played in, dunno why
Maybe you haven't been in mine; I tried to clone it exactly, but people play whatever one has players.
I cloned it exactly because: Light: "People play where people play"
I thought to myself "I can improve upon this server, big style. People won't play a new server just because "who cares"".
If I make it the same, I can improve, moderate, and whatever else.

Anyway, Compguy, we should probably give it a shot just for new players' sake, eh?

User avatar
Magi
Match Winner
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by Magi »

ConVicT wrote:
Magi wrote:I could care less
Dear America
Well maybe I do care a bit!

As for your server, no idea, any submarine server I ever play in just seems laggy, also I never really understood submarine, is it supposed to be loose dogfight or what, people apologize for stabs as if it is, or then go "close" and then you have /dev/ that stabs 11.8, which I don't mind, I take it as a challenge to get past it, it's fun that way. I've just noticed it's become quite like dogfight in the sense that players are very...passive with their rubber.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

bye

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2337
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by compguygene »

Send me settings. One server isn't going to impact me much. Hosting one that could improve the game experience is the point of me hosting stuff. If you have improved the Yellow Sub settings, you get a high five from me. I tried a few years back and gave up.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by ConVicT »

Sent in PM.

Magi, I couldn't really say what it is lol.
It doesn't really have rules, but most do play openly.
It's good for the server to have players that stab too though, it has a balance in a way.

User avatar
[Anonymous]
Round Winner
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by [Anonymous] »

ConVicT wrote:Sent in PM.

Magi, I couldn't really say what it is lol.
It doesn't really have rules, but most do play openly.
It's good for the server to have players that stab too though, it has a balance in a way.
Coming from a Loose player, Open Play kills tron. Although is a fun style.

User avatar
Magi
Match Winner
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by Magi »

Off topic, I saw a guy on xbox today named Rookiejason, confirmed rookie = jason
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

bye

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by aP|Nelg »

Magi wrote:Off topic, I saw a guy on xbox today named Rookiejason, confirmed rookie = jason
That doesn't mean anything... Xbox != Tron. Not meaning to defend either of them, I think you'd want more evidence than that.

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6349
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by sinewav »

Magi wrote:Rookiejason
Maybe it just means they are dating? You know, like a supercouple?

User avatar
[Anonymous]
Round Winner
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by [Anonymous] »

aP|Nelg wrote:
Magi wrote:Off topic, I saw a guy on xbox today named Rookiejason, confirmed rookie = jason
That doesn't mean anything... Xbox != Tron. Not meaning to defend either of them, I think you'd want more evidence than that.
No... He is right... I am Jason
Rookie: 1
aP|Nelf: 0

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by ConVicT »

Funniest thing on here is how Nelg thinks you're serious.

P.S. Nelg = Glen irl
He prefers it when you call him Glen.

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by aP|Nelg »

ConVicT wrote:Funniest thing on here is how Nelg thinks you're serious.

P.S. Nelg = Glen irl
He prefers it when you call him Glen.
You purposely put those two things in that post to prove your point?

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: A decent Central USA hosted SumoBar.

Post by ConVicT »

There are three things there.
The second two are completely abstract.

Also, if you think that people knowing your name is Glen proves a point...

Post Reply