Anyone got a backup of ctwf maps/settings?

Stuff about Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress and other Crazy-Tronners servers goes here.

Moderators: K-Yo, kyle

szopin
Average Program

Anyone got a backup of ctwf maps/settings?

Post by szopin »

I kinda miss this server, so would like to host it on my laptop (yeah it's connected by wifi, so it will suck for everyone, still would like to play some of the fun maps every now and then, used to play WWwf when ct was down or unpopulated so would be similar I guess)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Anyone got a backup of ctwf maps/settings?

Post by sinewav »

Some of the maps are at resource.armagetronad.net. Most of the maps have their settings hard-coded. Of course, there is that issue of having a server with the right version of ct+sty and somehow locating any missing scripts, but at least there are a few maps to play around with. kyle has long fantasized about rebuilding CT's website and servers, but, you know, life goes on...
GluGGsel

Post by GluGGsel »

I absolutely second szoping! It would be amazing to have CTWF revived! But since I am only a user, I can't help in any way...
GluGGsel greets :goatee:
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

szopin wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:45 pm I kinda miss this server, so would like to host it on my laptop (yeah it's connected by wifi, so it will suck for everyone, still would like to play some of the fun maps every now and then, used to play WWwf when ct was down or unpopulated so would be similar I guess)
If you can come up with the settings you want, I would be happy to host it for you and make you the owner.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

All of the CT resources are still hosted by Kyle at http://resource.crazy-tronners.club/
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

compguygene wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 am All of the CT resources are still hosted by Kyle at http://resource.crazy-tronners.club/
sinewav wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 pm Some of the maps are at resource.armagetronad.net. Most of the maps have their settings hard-coded. Of course, there is that issue of having a server with the right version of ct+sty and somehow locating any missing scripts, but at least there are a few maps to play around with. kyle has long fantasized about rebuilding CT's website and servers, but, you know, life goes on...
Thanks, looks like both have the same maps with the crazy-tronners.club having also a few older 0.1 versions, gonna find some time on the weekend to learn how to set it up and get the server to juggle maps (I guess that would be the missing scrips? not yet sure what ct+sty version is)
Light wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:24 pm
szopin wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:45 pm I kinda miss this server, so would like to host it on my laptop (yeah it's connected by wifi, so it will suck for everyone, still would like to play some of the fun maps every now and then, used to play WWwf when ct was down or unpopulated so would be similar I guess)
If you can come up with the settings you want, I would be happy to host it for you and make you the owner.
Thanks, going to take you up on the offer once I figure this out, as pretty sure laptop/wifi will barely handle like 6-7 players if that, glad to see there is still some interest in wild, cya on the grid
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Yep, I'm still around, someday. maybe near the end of the year I'll have time to rebuild. I do still have everything and the servers. Just a matter of time. something got messed up with the forum database a few years back and I've not been able to fix it.
ultravioletnanokitty

Post by ultravioletnanokitty »

any updates on this? i always loved ctwf, spent many hours playing on it back in the day.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I've made a rough and ready clone of CTWF (called CTWF legacy) - which reminds me I forgot to restart it after the tournament on the weekend. Check the server browser :)
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

In the next few weeks I think i'll start having some time to work on it again :)