double keyboard?

Discussion about Nexus9, the no rubber Tron servers that people love to hate.

Moderator: Alpha Centauri

banana

double keyboard?

Post by banana »

last night steel p, under a different name, was able to double bind. reportedly by using 2 keyboards? not sure on exactly how, but the effect was that he could gain speed very quickly and was on top most of the time. agent 7 still beat him even with the cheating, but it was very obvious.

thought you would like to know to see if you can prevent it.
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: double keyboard?

Post by Alpha Centauri »

banana wrote:last night steel p, under a different name, was able to double bind. reportedly by using 2 keyboards? not sure on exactly how, but the effect was that he could gain speed very quickly and was on top most of the time. agent 7 still beat him even with the cheating, but it was very obvious.

thought you would like to know to see if you can prevent it.
The fact of the matter is this: if someone really wants to cheat, they can always find a way to. But cheating at a simple 3D game based off of the movie Tron? I mean, cheating at multiplayer games in general is lame enough, but that's a new low. If one is really so bad that they need to do that, it only reflects upon themselves, and winning with cheating demonstrates nothing at all.
Nexus9 server ultra-admin.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

it demonstrates a reason for a ban, that's about it
hoop
Round Winner

Post by hoop »

at least they've found a smart way to cheat :P
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

all i can do is laugh.... you must be crazy.... double turning? wtf? impossible... stop lie-ing...
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

He is quite clearly cheating. He can do triples as if he were in sumo/fort.
Playing since December 2006
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

We can't prevent that. Double bind are disabled on the client and can't be tracked by the server. A simple source code manipulation and you're free to bind as many keys as you want to an action, no matter what the server says. The same goes for disabled camera modes, obviously. Just change the server settings to use CYCLE_DELAY instead of DOUBLEBIND_TIME.
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alpha Centauri »

Z-Man wrote:Just change the server settings to use CYCLE_DELAY instead of DOUBLEBIND_TIME.
No can do, as some people really do have a quick enough reaction time. The whole point is that we don't like players on our servers to have any kind of "crutch." Regardless of how one feels about double-binding, if any player feels the need to cheat our rules, they're only proving that we should ban them.
Nexus9 server ultra-admin.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I gave that guy a really hard time last night. I was pretty relentless. I also pointed out the fact that he couldn't win a match even with the cheating (it's true, he couldn't). He eventually left because of the "negative atmosphere," but what did he expect? No one loves a cheater.

But, there was something even more disturbing going on in Nexus9 last night. There were people sticking up for him. I heard a few times "so what? it's just some free, open-source game. who cares?"

What?!

How does Arma being a free/open-source game make it more acceptable to cheat? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was bothered by the the fact that some people think games like this one are inferior to, what, games that come in a shinny box?

Ok, I'm done complaining. Sorry.

Oh, and I support a ban even though I don't think it's necessary. He seemed to be losing interest in using his "trick", especially after how disapproving we all were. Really, he just wants praise for being clever, and since he won't get it, he'll probably stop soon.
agent7

Post by agent7 »

i said whatever makes me stronger and he ovbious is loosing his skill
it's kinda anoying but bring it on

and is funny how he crash 4 not beign able to control his speed
its just only a temporary cheat cause he or they will be tired of loosing so many times and he is not the only one using a cheat.

and sorry for my bad english

bye
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Fact: people who use macros or whatever are pretty lame.

But god damn, now I (and others) can't do a simple 180 that lands somewhat close to the wall without getting a "you use macros"?
To be honest, some people's unacceptance of skill is even more annoying than someone cheating.

Deal with it.
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.