ladder

Discussion about Nexus9, the no rubber Tron servers that people love to hate.

Moderator: Alpha Centauri

banana

ladder

Post by banana »

Just a thought, can you add a single player ladder as well? the server has it there already and would be interesting to see. i know this is mostly a multi player game, but the single player is another fascet
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alpha Centauri »

Do you mean based on won single-player rounds? I could, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort expenditure.
Nexus9 server ultra-admin.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Probably wouldn't take much effort, but I'm not sure it's worth it either.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alpha Centauri »

Jonathan wrote:Probably wouldn't take much effort, but I'm not sure it's worth it either.
Well, because the Armagetron-generated score files break with authentication, it basically means I'd have to rewrite the ladder script to keep track of stats separately when there's only one player connected.
banana

Post by banana »

didnt know it would be tough. i thought that since the server is keeping track already (it tells us when we play what position we are in when we play single player). i thought it would be just to report what it already has.

its not super important, jut thought it would be something simple to capture and post
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alpha Centauri »

banana wrote:didnt know it would be tough. i thought that since the server is keeping track already (it tells us when we play what position we are in when we play single player). i thought it would be just to report what it already has.
The "keeping track" breaks with authentication... it starts making duplicates of players' scores.