code spam

Discussion about Nexus9, the no rubber Tron servers that people love to hate.

Moderator: Alpha Centauri

_God_

code spam

Post by _God_ »

Well, here's a new problem I encountered today. Evil, Bug, and I were having a ladder war. Evil gets this brilliant idea to annoy us by using his login/logout instant chats. Login, logout, login, logout, login, logout, etc. All in a matter of half a second or so. He just keeps this up, quite annoying as the screen fills up with all of the login info / [email protected] has logged out / that crap. Is there any way to restrict that kind of stuff so that only the person that actually does the logging in / out can see it? Or at least shorten the text that comes up?

God
Nexus9 server Alpha (and omega) God
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alpha Centauri »

It looks like that's what ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_OF is supposed to do, but it's been set at a value that should've disabled those messages, so I'm at a loss.
Nexus9 server ultra-admin.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

_God_ wrote: Evil gets this brilliant idea to annoy us by using his login/logout instant chats. Login, logout, login, logout, login, logout, etc. All in a matter of half a second or so.
fixt, spam protection applies on it, this includes minimal repeat time
Alpha Centauri wrote:It looks like that's what ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_OF is supposed to do, but it's been set at a value that should've disabled those messages, so I'm at a loss.
armagetronad --doc wrote:ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_OF Minimal access level to be able to hide it's own user account information.
ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_TO Minimal access level to see everyone's user account information.
an user will have his GID, access level, and login/logout messages hidden only if he wants to hide them (see player config) and has an access level equal or better(less) than ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_OF.
Users with an access level equal or better than ACCESS_LEVEL_HIDE_TO will be able to see it anyway

edit: In /players, players who are hidden will have their GID and access level greyed out. Of course you will only see those from users you can spy(either yourself or everyone if you have the required privs)
ivantis
Round Winner

Post by ivantis »

to minimize server load, you could make the /login /logout commands check to see if the user is spam silenced (by editing engine/ePlayer.cpp)
Mr Evil Guy

Post by Mr Evil Guy »

God Pretty petty dude, i done it for abot 5 seconds as a joke no need to get all emotional over it :evil: