Ladle 114 (June 7th)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Ladle 114 (June 7th)

Post by Magi »

I've sent out a server tag on discord, but I'll mention it here as well, is there any interest in making finals best of 5 or keeping it best of 3?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Pre
Average Program

Re: Ladle 114 (June 7th)

Post by Pre »

for 3 round ladles i'd stay at bo3, but since i assume we won't have more than 4 teams i like the idea of making it bo5
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

\o

*is this thing on?*
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

It seems there's only 2 ladle servers up, and one's 10 ladles out of date (kyle? P4?)

Grab configs here: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php? ... figuration
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

aP|Nelg wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:34 am It seems there's only 2 ladle servers up, and one's 10 ladles out of date (kyle?!)
What's wrong with having classic servers :)

(I'm still hoping to get things back up and running this fall or winter, that includes this)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Thanks for setting it up Magi, thanks for recordings Z-Man, and ggs Ww and numbers!

The config I made (based on ladle 104's) should be good for future use as well, which is why I didn't number it.

To use:

Code: Select all

RINCLUDE Titanoboa/ladle/classic.cfg(http://resource.armagetronad.net/resource/Titanoboa/ladle/classic.cfg)
INW

Post by INW »

I just realized this ladle happened on the exact day of the 11th anniversary of the 1st Tronic Bowl.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:19 am I just realized this ladle happened on the exact day of the 11th anniversary of the 1st Tronic Bowl.
Wow I feel old.
Twi|X|ted |X|ats won in the delayed final over arrow after a late comeback the arrow clan was finally ouster by the TR clan, which joined with the X clan for the bowl
Wait, aren't some of Arrow and TX still playing and now on the same team?
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Durka and Olive (TX and Arrow, respectively in the first bowl) both played in this Ladle, although they were on separate teams.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

sinewav wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:57 pm
Twi|X|ted |X|ats won in the delayed final over arrow after a late comeback the arrow clan was finally ouster by the TR clan, which joined with the X clan for the bowl
Wait, aren't some of Arrow and TX still playing and now on the same team?
Yep! The idea started as a potential revival of Arrow when both Olive & freako showed up for last ladle (113). With freako not really staying active, and raph (at the time one of the most "senior" ex-TX members still around) leading the planned team, it felt right to combine the two tags -»| and .×} into .»]. To follow the pattern properly, it would have been called Twi×ted A××ows (obviously). But we realized we had a few _~R~_ members on it as well, so to show their presence we swapped two of the ×'s for R's, giving us Twi×ted arrows. That was just before Deso and Durka both showed up out of nowhere (as if summoned by the tag).

On the team of 6 who won ladle 114 together, there were — in total, at some point in time — 2 former arrows, 2 former xats, and 4 former rogues (is _~R~_ still alive? Nobody knows). I know Olive was an arrow leader and fairly sure raph was one of TX's leaders at one point.

Funny way for it to come full circle (ish). :D
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

PS. Ladle 22 a.k.a Bowl 1 was Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats' first ladle after the merge; in Ladle 21 they were still playing as ¦×¦ and Twisted Rats.

(Double post because I can't edit the above post anymore)