mini-TST 2

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

mini-TST 2

Post by Titanoboa »

The second in a series of miniature Team Sumo Tournaments will be played on Sunday, March 8th, 2020.

Opening round will start at 19:00 UTC (that's 20:00 CET and 2 pm EST).

Sign up here! Registration closes on Saturday, Mar 7th, 19:00 UTC (24h before the tourney).

Tournament info / home page

Brackets and registered teams list

We've heard your feedback from last tournament. More teams will advance from the opening round, giving more teams the chance of a longer run and more playtime overall. Still, the brackets will ultimately be decided by how many teams sign up.
Follow the link above (before Sat, Mar 7th) to see how it would look with exactly 16 teams.

The final will be played in a US server.

Use the short url http://mini-tst.tk to advertise the tourney in a server or to a friend! :)

Find yourself a teammate and sign up now!
Titanoboa

Re: mini-TST 2

Post by Titanoboa »

A lot of players would like to see a sumobar tournament, war sumo tournament or even 1v1 sumo tournament. I'm personally going to focus my time and energy onto this mTST series, and I'll rely on other members of the community to take care of the other sumo tournament types (there's a lot of interest from old and new players alike right now!).

For now, mini-TST could continue to be played on the 2nd Sunday of every month but if there are other sumo tournaments emerging soon we'll gladly adjust and become a bi-monthly event if needed.
.Lightning
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Lightning »

I'm going to try and join in on this one. Anyone need a partner?
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Brackets are done.
Screenshot_313.png

With only 8 teams, of which 4 had chosen EU, 2 US and 2 "either", there was only one possible outcome from a randomization, hence the lack of proof for one.

The two highest scoring teams will move on from the opening round, straight into the final.

Highly unlikely, but: in case of a tie for 2nd (as shown at the
very end of the last round if there's any movement once the top team has reached 2000 pts), the two teams involved will play a single round 2v2 and the winner advances. If this round is somehow tied, it'll repeat until a clear winner is had at the end of a round.

Good luck to all participants!
raph
Average Program

Post by raph »

I didn't realize signups closed the day before the tournament; if anyone needs a partner lmk
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Server admins: If you still can, do a bzr pull. I just now pushed the fixes from 0.2.8.3.5 to the sty+ct branch. Only just now because I had forgotten I have write access to it for exactly this occasion. General updates from the 0.2.8 branch are included as well, hope they don't cause problems.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Until now, I was unaware that US daylight savings happened last night. This means we're starting 3 pm EDT, noon PDT. Timetable has been updated in the doc. Luckily, if affected players have missed this, they'll be an hour early rather than an hour late. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

mTST 2 was won by Andrei & Ninja Potato. Congratulations!

A "bird's eye" recording of the final is available here! There's no game audio (because 0.4) and I was listening to Mozart string quartets; doesn't really give an armagetron tournament final vibe so I recommend muting & blasting your own tunes while watching! :)

Thanks to everyone who played, and a big thanks to all server owners!

Here are the final brackets.
Screenshot_315.png

The next mini-TST will most likely be in 2 months, on April 12th. We'll get to enjoy other types of sumo tournament in the mean time.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Here are the recordings, recorded with 0.2.8.3.5: https://armagetron.kevinh.us/aa/recs/minitst/2/

The room heater I was recording them with was struggling to keep up, so hopefully they aren't too bad. I haven't looked at the recordings yet.

A reminder on how to use the recordings: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... _Recording
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Titanoboa wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:32 am The next mini-TST will most likely be in 2 months, on April 12th. We'll get to enjoy other types of sumo tournament in the mean time.
Obviously meant May 10th. Not sure what made me say the wrong month, was probably tired.