V3 Sumo Tournament #1

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

aP|Nelg
Match Winner

V3 Sumo Tournament #1

Post by aP|Nelg »

It's happening August 31st, 2019. Sign ups and information at http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php?title=V3.
Basically, 9 players will play at each server (18 total), and the top 4 players will play in the final.

There will be a dedicated V3 practice server available. The V3 tournament servers will also be available when they're set up.

The V3 was created by Jericho around 2014 with help from Durf, Agility, and VOV.

Warning: Usage of bots in the V3 is NOT PERMITTED. Anybody caught using a bot will be banned.
Last edited by aP|Nelg on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pre
Average Program

Re: V3 Sumo Tournament #1

Post by Pre »

how is this mode different from regular sumo?
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Pre wrote:how is this mode different from regular sumo?
It has a different map which splits players between two zones in a server with more than 6 players. Top 3 fight in one zone while the other 6 fight in the other zone. The settings are otherwise pretty much standard sumo settings.

Yes, I know that technically one "zone" in sumo actually consists of multiple zones.
Rnoodles
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Rnoodles »

Hi all, I was wondering if there would be any issues in changing the tournament time from Sunday to Saturday? I know the tournaments have always been on a Sunday but thats a bit of an issue for the Aussies, if the times stay as they are it means the tournament will start at 4 am Monday morning ;(

If people have already made that time available for the tournament and cant change it to the Saturday, I don't want to be a pain in the ass but maybe for future tournaments could we trial a few Saturdays so myself, camaro, eve, CPU and any other Aussies that still play can attend?
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Rnoodles wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if there would be any issues in changing the tournament time from Sunday to Saturday? I know the tournaments have always been on a Sunday but thats a bit of an issue for the Aussies, if the times stay as they are it means the tournament will start at 4 am Monday morning ;(

If people have already made that time available for the tournament and cant change it to the Saturday, I don't want to be a pain in the ass but maybe for future tournaments could we trial a few Saturdays so myself, camaro, eve, CPU and any other Aussies that still play can attend?
Yes, it's now on Saturday, August 31st, 2019.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Here is the recording for the V3, recorded from the current ArmagetronAd Stable version 0.2.8.3.4: https://armagetron.kevinh.us/aa/recs/v3/1/

See http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php/ ... _Recording
AlwaysOnThaRise

Post by AlwaysOnThaRise »

Can we have another one 👀