Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

assaindan
Average Program

Re: Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

Post by assaindan »

Instead of having 12 players on a team why don't we space it out? just saying..
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

assaindan wrote:Instead of having 12 players on a team why don't we space it out? just saying..
Most teams arent sure if every member will be there and have backups.. Take the people without a team and merge into a team with Ww and Pheonix.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Ladle is 18:00 GMT
assaindan
Average Program

Post by assaindan »

in this case i will not be able to attend. sorry Wild west. I will be out of work at that exact time so I will be able to make second round or middle of first round. the extra 30 or 45 minutes would have been great. sorry but work is my priority. good luck have fun I am pissed I wont make it
Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

Can I suggest that team captains join the Discord before tonight to make things go more smoothly? Here's the link: https://discord.gg/2TB4yq

I'm gonna close off the bracket (https://challonge.com/5fhs9f5d) as I believe doing so will allow me to specify servers... not 100% sure if the teams are finalised though

@Gazelle, I saw you made your own bracket on Challonge, which is now outdated as it doesn't have all the teams on there. Can we stick with mine to avoid confusion?
blondie
Core Dumper

Post by blondie »

make a bracket of the brackets so we can figure out which one to use
Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

I mean I'm happy to use Gazelle's bracket if he'll add TWBD and servers. I didn't bother seeding based on previous ladles so the seeds are random on mine.

Meanwhile I've added servers - can be viewed by clicking on the search icon to the right of each match (on hover) - bearing in mind as an even ladle supposedly the final should be in a European server...
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

I made the bracket yesterday, based off of all the teams that had signed up.

People adding new teams and signing up afterwards is fine, but there was no possible way anyone was supposed to know somebody was throwing a team up last minute.

Like I stated on the other link, we can just use your bracket..
Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

Gazelle wrote:I made the bracket yesterday, based off of all the teams that had signed up.

People adding new teams and signing up afterwards is fine, but there was no possible way anyone was supposed to know somebody was throwing a team up last minute.

Like I stated on the other link, we can just use your bracket..
Works for me

Think some of the teams are still subject to change - not sure if Wild West actually have a team, but there might end up being another team made of solo players...
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Peat wrote:Works for me

Think some of the teams are still subject to change - not sure if Wild West actually have a team, but there might end up being another team made of solo players...
Wild West should be renamed to open team, I was just planning on telling any people who show up to play with them.
Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

Gazelle wrote:
Peat wrote:Works for me

Wild West should be renamed to open team, I was just planning on telling any people who show up to play with them.
Yeah. Our team (TWBD/Phoenix) might need some extras as well
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Thank you all for those who showed up and those who contributed!

Was a blast and was good to see some of the old familiar faces.

I would be willing to host more of these more often instead of once every 3 years if you guys are up for it! I have a discord server that I can use and we are also on facebook.

Congrats to Rogue. (Wish I was able to stay and fight with you all some more)

Thanks Titan and Zap for subbing.

See you guys soon
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:) It was fun.

Gaming has changed a lot over the years and I think Arma tournaments can have an extended life if the community can coalesce around new tools. Hopefully everyone will stay in touch.
Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

Thanks for the fun games. Hoping to play again next month!

I was only half watching at the end and I'm not sure if the score was 2-1 or 2-0 to Rogue. Can someone please let me know and I'll update the bracket?
Coco
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Coco »

it was 2-1