On the wiki, I have renamed Super Leaders back to Team Leaders. Now we need to give Team Leaders the authority they need to run a Ladle. Below are a few settings I have reduced from higher levels down to 7. What other commands would a Team Leader need access to? Are there any potential problems with the current config (104)? I'm not worried about abuse as much as efficiency.
Code: Select all
ACCESS_LEVEL_OP 7 ACCESS_LEVEL_VOTE_COMMAND 7 ACCESS_LEVEL_VOTE_COMMAND_EXECUTE 7 ACCESS_LEVEL_VOTE_INCLUDE 7 ACCESS_LEVEL_VOTE_INCLUDE_EXECUTE 7 ACCESS_LEVEL SLAP 7
- Update congifurations:
- Upgrade servers to 0.4 branch.
- Team Leaders show up in IRC at Ladle start (18:00 GMT).
- Assuming everyone has congregated in one of the Ladle servers, a Ladle Enthusiast creates a list of players with Team Leaders at the top. (Making a list quickly without mistakes will be a challenge.)
- The list is run through a bot which tries to make teams of at least 6 players.
- These teams are announced in the server, players divide up and proceed with the event.
Assuming the average Ladle will have between 12 and 24 players, in most cases the event will have either three or four teams. Should we abandon tournament brackets for a round-robin event? Three teams is not very fun with a bracket system. If we consistently have more than 24 players, single/double elimination would be good, but realistically the player base will slowly shrink rather than grow.
How do we accommodate alternate team generation methods? Some people would prefer #pickup style teams with captains or perhaps a system where players can have regular teammates. After all, part of the fun of team games is camaraderie.