Ladle 103

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Pre
Average Program

Re: Ladle 103

Post by Pre »

Magi wrote:
Ratchet wrote: Make the Ladle finals best of 5 (i.e. first to win 3 matches) and give the finalist from the winners bracket an automatic match win for being in the winners' bracket. In other words, the winning team would have to win 2 matches to take it home and the losing team would have to win 3 matches to take the win, a penalty for passing through the losers' bracket.
This is how dota's finals are done I think, koala or vov could probably confirm. Still though, having played in long best of fives before, I'd rather it just stay best of two, if we were to move to some sort of handicap system I'd rather it be the team in the winner's bracket only needs one win and the team that's already lost needs two wins. The idea of double elimination is cool and all, but playing the same group of people for like, 3 hours of the day is dreadfully boring.
DotA, or most esport tournaments in general that are double elimination are Bo3 until Grand Finals where it is Bo5, with the only advantage to the upper bracket winners being having the first pick/ server choice

personally i still favor giving a match advantage to the upper bracket winners to having two seperate Bo3s, although i'm not sure that would change alot to the current system
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Well, it seems that I won't be able to play Ladle 103 this Sunday as my client's crashing problem is still there.
However, I can't see any reason why Sparks and friends can't still field a team. So, I've put the team up with sinewav and okra as captains.
If you don't have a team but want to play then contact either me, sinewav or okra sometime over the next few days.
Playing since December 2006
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Right on man, we'll see you next time. My weekend looks relatively free so I should have no trouble being there.
Recko
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Recko »

i hope the randomization will be done correctly this time.. not like the styball tourney.. i mean kylie manipulated the brackets.. :?
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Recko wrote:i hope the randomization will be done correctly this time.. not like the styball tourney.. i mean kyle* manipulated the brackets.. :?
I did 0 manipulation, I always do 1 test, to make sure the tool is working and then the official one. I just ended up not being able to find someone to do the .r. Also I had servers placed before doing the randomization.

But after all it was a CT hosted tourney, and we never defined how it would be done.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

If it makes you feel better Kyle I always just use random.org so for all anyone knows I could be manipulating it, but I'm not petty enough to do that. I rather face the best teams. Don't worry about Recko anyways, it's just another one of rookie or swag or whothefuckever's account so their opinion is worthless. Probably just trying to gain the trust of the community so they can get team leader during ladle and try to beat a dead horse.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Recko
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Recko »

i care about honesty :!: and all your assumptions are wrong.. so much negativity coming from you.. >_<
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Recko wrote:i care about honesty :!: and all your assumptions are wrong.. so much negativity coming from you.. >_<
Not sure yet but first thread was him and LittleSteps talking.. Also all those short posts not having a message in it all and that massive use of smileys
But hey you could be anyone so idc at all
Sorry that was off topic
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

niin wrote:
Recko wrote:i care about honesty :!: and all your assumptions are wrong.. so much negativity coming from you.. >_<
Not sure yet but first thread was him and LittleSteps talking.. Also all those short posts not having a message in it all and that massive use of smileys
But hey you could be anyone so idc at all
Sorry that was off topic
Its my other account haha nazi
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

I know I'm not around much these days and it saddens me to see the current state of things, but +1 to everything gazelle said regarding double elimination.
Recko
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Recko »

yes.. the current state of this great game is really bad.. :( hopefully this will change soon.. :!:
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Brackets

Remember round one starts at 1 PM est, that means you CT open team and Wild West
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Recko
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Recko »

who was the witness of the bracket randomization?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Recko wrote:who was the witness of the bracket randomization?
Jesus.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Gazelle wrote:
Recko wrote:who was the witness of the bracket randomization?
Jesus.
RNGesus to be precise.