Coliseum

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

|Phantom~Rider|
On Lightcycle Grid

Coliseum

Post by |Phantom~Rider| »

Hello,
<Please note this is a copy of what is written on the site: http://coliseum.pro-forum.co.uk >

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome,

When I first envisioned Coliseum, I had a basic idea of what I wanted to do, but I was unsure on how to go about it. My first vision was having a tournament where the teams would play one game mode for the entirety of the round and the next round, switch to a different game mode. I thought of this as a little twist on the tournaments that currently exist.

About: This tournament is about seeing how well teams can work together to obtain a working strategy to an undisclosed game mode. The rules are simply:

1) Respect every player, either on your team, opposing team, or spectating
2) Respect the rules of the Game Mode
3) Game mode for each round is disclosed at the :45 of each hour. The following 15 minutes until the start of the next hour are for both team to utilize for playing against each other when the score board isn't counting and to develop a strategy <Always best of three>
4) Spectators, please don't comment random crap that distracts the players --> failure to comply will result in silencing

POSSIBLE GAME MODES INCLUDE: Fort, Team Sumo, Sumo, Trench, High Rubber, High Rubber Shooting, Capture the Flag, Capture the Flag Shooting, Racing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note:

I am currently on the search for hosts, both EU and US
I am also on the search for .cfg files for each of the game modes listed above his includes the .cfg file containing the game configurations, but also the maps; where applicable>

Thanks for reading :D
Last edited by |Phantom~Rider| on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Re: Coliseum

Post by [Anonymous] »

For rule # 4 You can make it do spectators wont be able to distract the players through chat.
|Phantom~Rider|
On Lightcycle Grid

[Anonymous] wrote:For rule # 4 You can make it do spectators wont be able to distract the players through chat.
I know, but you can easily bypass that by using /shout , it should be common courtesy any ways
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

|Phantom~Rider| wrote:
[Anonymous] wrote:For rule # 4 You can make it do spectators wont be able to distract the players through chat.
I know, but you can easily bypass that by using /shout , it should be common courtesy any ways
You can also set access_level for shout so people not logged in can't shout. Also having default shout off is a preferred option of most tournaments so people don't come in and accidentally talk mid-match without realizing it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

OVH is the best for hosting. Super cheap VPS and very fast. 3.00/mo
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

echo.bot wrote:OVH is the best for hosting. Super cheap VPS and very fast. 3.00/mo
I think he meant people who already host for tournaments, but on a different note, is this the same host you used for your servers? (curious)

bye
|Phantom~Rider|
On Lightcycle Grid

Yea :D, I'm not about the buying/renting life :o If people would be generous enough to fork over servers on the tournaments dates TBD, it would be much appreciated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any ways, A key point of this tournament is so that some people play some game modes that they aren't usually inclined to play 8) :roll:
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

|Phantom~Rider| wrote:Yea :D, I'm not about the buying/renting life :o If people would be generous enough to fork over servers on the tournaments dates TBD, it would be much appreciated :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any ways, A key point of this tournament is so that some people play some game modes that they aren't usually inclined to play 8) :roll:
Not entirely sure on the specifics, but I could see this being a neat tournament for a 1v1 style, it would probably require a decent amount of servers, but it would be cool to declare a "best overall tronner"

bye
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

Magi wrote:
echo.bot wrote:OVH is the best for hosting. Super cheap VPS and very fast. 3.00/mo
I think he meant people who already host for tournaments, but on a different note, is this the same host you used for your servers? (curious)
I do now. I used to have my own servers in a co-location facility.