Ladle 102

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Ladle 102

Post by Magi »

Sunday, February 7th, 2016

Starting time changed to 1:00 PM EST, 18:00 GMT
Last edited by Magi on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Designer

Re: Ladle 102

Post by Designer »

so this ladle we will start with 45 min earlier?
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Designer wrote:so this ladle we will start with 45 min earlier?
We still need more feedback, preferably here but we can do it in this thread too, whichever people find easier.

bye
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Good to see so many teams have signed up this month
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Going back to this. Was a decision made for this/next Ladle so the countdown timer can be updated to reflect?
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Even though I Can't get Arma to run without crashing (and this issue won't be resolved for a while), Sparks and friends will still play in this Ladle. I've put down okra and sinewav as team leaders. The regular players have been added too. If you want to or need to remove yourself from the team list then either do it yourself or post here.
Playing since December 2006
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Light wrote:
Going back to this. Was a decision made for this/next Ladle so the countdown timer can be updated to reflect?
2 days before the poll is set to expire and it's 17-8 in favor of changing it to 45 minutes earlier, I think we'll be going forward with the 1 pm est, 18:00 gmt starting time. I'll edit it now, make sure to let your teammates know about the early starting time.

bye
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Magi wrote:2 days before the poll is set to expire and it's 17-8 in favor of changing it to 45 minutes earlier, I think we'll be going forward with the 1 pm est, 18:00 gmt starting time. I'll edit it now, make sure to let your teammates know about the early starting time.
Feels like you were letting that go a little close to the start of the next tournament. The countdown is set to 18:00 GMT.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Light wrote:
Magi wrote:2 days before the poll is set to expire and it's 17-8 in favor of changing it to 45 minutes earlier, I think we'll be going forward with the 1 pm est, 18:00 gmt starting time. I'll edit it now, make sure to let your teammates know about the early starting time.
Feels like you were letting that go a little close to the start of the next tournament. The countdown is set to 18:00 GMT.
Ladle Voting Guidelines wrote:The process was simple and went smoothly for a long time. Every third Ladle, a discussion thread was created to talk about Ladle issues. Ideas were argued thoroughly. One week before the Ladle sign-ups close, a voting thread was created. The thread contained the choices for teams to vote on. Only teams signed up could vote, one vote per team (if you had a large clan with 2 teams, that meant 2 votes). Voting closed when sign-ups closed
I was going based off of this as much as I could, I get that there's a grey area for something like this since it is time based, I wanted to get it done as fast as possible while still giving people a chance to vote on it. Hopefully everyone hears about the time change before the tournament starts. (Which as stands, only 3 teams are signed up, soon to be 4 with Sparks and friends.)

bye
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Slightly related, can we make a note of the time which each ladle finished? Easy to do, players just have to remember (which no one will as it's quite minor so basically looking at you z-man (since you record) and any one else if you can be bothered).
Was just wondering when the last one finished since it had less players but was still double elim, plus we can see any effects on playing time from future changes
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hoax wrote:...can we make a note of the time which each ladle finished?
I set a notification on my calendar to remember. I'll try to put a time-stamp somewhere in this thread and/or maybe the wiki.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Hoax wrote:Slightly related, can we make a note of the time which each ladle finished? Easy to do, players just have to remember (which no one will as it's quite minor so basically looking at you z-man (since you record) and any one else if you can be bothered).
Was just wondering when the last one finished since it had less players but was still double elim, plus we can see any effects on playing time from future changes
Last ladle ended around 6:30-7:00 pm est if I recall correctly.

bye
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I might not make it to Ladle. I think my gf has plans for us. Maybe Word or nara should have Team Leader instead of me?
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I'll be there half an hour before it starts if my train is on schedule. So it's probably better to entrust someone else with captain privileges.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Thanks for the heads up sinewav and Word. I'll put nara as the other captain, assuming it isn't too late to do so.

On another note, we now need more people in the team. If you want to play for Sparks and friends (or know anyone that does) then either pm me using these forums' pm system or say so in this thread.
Playing since December 2006