Ladle 102

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

|Phantom~Rider|
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle 102

Post by |Phantom~Rider| »

Magi: When are the brackets going to be released ?
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Gl to everyone playing!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BRACKETS

Reminder: Ladle starts earlier!

Good luck and have fun everyone.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Rogue didnt show, 2-0 cZm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:Rogue: x
cZm: x
Fixed. You can't win two matches against yourself. I appreciate you posting your match results here. It would be better to keep editing this post and put all of your results here. Even better than that is to edit the wiki as you go. :)

Servers were pretty good. I got some weird screen stutters on Kyle NYC, but that may be my video drivers (I'm on a new system).

Starting early was good. The DDoS attacks are hardly an issue anymore and barely qualify as a mild inconvenience. To get past the login problems, just make an account at another authority. Actually, this is a good time to revisit the @ladle discussion, just for backup reasons.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Starting early was good. The DDoS attacks are hardly an issue anymore and barely qualify as a mild inconvenience. To get past the login problems, just make an account at another authority. Actually, this is a good time to revisit the @ladle discussion, just for backup reasons.
Though it's not posted on, the @comps auths should still be available. I doubt Tank took away the redirect for them. You wouldn't have to verify people are who they are, or get a new list of auths since you can just change (duplicate) @forums to @comps as a backup.

I can't really see a need for more, unless for the looks for @ladle on ladle. I mean, we have forums, comps, aagid, lt, x, rx, (i forget what lover's was, but it's available still), and probably some I've missed plus the ones that don't have a shorthand auth.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Light wrote:I can't really see a need for more, unless for the looks for @ladle on ladle. I mean, we have forums, comps, aagid, lt, x, rx, (i forget what lover's was, but it's available still), and probably some I've missed plus the ones that don't have a shorthand auth.
Thanks Light, I was not aware of @comps. It is just a clone of @forums? What about the other ones? Maybe we can gather a list of active authorities and whether or not users have to register or not?
Light

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Thanks Light, I was not aware of @comps. It is just a clone of @forums? What about the other ones? Maybe we can gather a list of active authorities and whether or not users have to register or not?
It's not a clone, but when you create an account over there, it has to be either not registered here, or using the same password so we know it's not a stolen account. Well, unless you give out your pass, but I'll throw that under the category of "your fault". :P

It's the http://comps.armagetronad.net Makes @comps
Mine is available at http://lightron.org/Authentication Makes @lt
Rx http://rxtron.com/forums/index.php?page=auth Makes @rx/public (/public for non rx people)
http://aagid.net/ Makes @aagid
https://crazy-tronners.com/ Makes @ct/public (/public for non ct people) - I believe it's just a forum registration, but I've never used theirs.

Vertrex (LoverBoy) seems to have taken his down, but I know the auths he already had there still work. Just seems his page to make new ones is down.

Idk what ones I missed, and I purposely left out the ones that don't have a shorthand authority.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

That's great information Light, should almost be a sticky. I forgot I had accounts at most of those locations. We should collectively remind each other to post this list again before next Ladle.

That said, future Ladles will need an authority list with more redundancy and more Global Moderators. This is easy enough to do. :)
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Light wrote:https://crazy-tronners.com/ Makes @ct/public (/public for non ct people) - I believe it's just a forum registration, but I've never used theirs.
Correct, but I'll need to be contacted to activate the forum account. In the future the forum account may be activated by logging in on the grid.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Designer

Post by Designer »

I propose to remove double elimination and not to start ladle earlier(because i think they ruin ladle).
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Usual thanks & gz's for this btw, some gg's until the switch.
Finished around 22gmt, CT STO -∞
Don't know about the last one or the ones leading up to 100 but I'd say this ladle finally represented the current state of the gamemode
Light

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:That's great information Light, should almost be a sticky. I forgot I had accounts at most of those locations. We should collectively remind each other to post this list again before next Ladle.
I could always make a page with links to it on my site. Or maybe a better idea would be to put them on a wiki page.