[Sumo Tournaments] Important upcoming updates

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Cody
Shutout Match Winner

[Sumo Tournaments] Important upcoming updates

Post by Cody »

Better DDoS protection to official tournament servers, will be implementing a plugin that will get rid of those pesky cheat clients that are able to bring down servers

NO MORE MACROS, that's right don't think this hasn't been discussed behind the scenes. In this day and age with mechanical keyboards on the rise, macros can perform mazes/escapes with just one touch of an assigned key or mouse button. They will be obsolete in future tournaments, the plugin that's being developed will keep your macros at bay but will allow tron's default multi-binding/single binding system. This affects single binding tournaments as well, it was once believed that doublebind_time was the answer to cheaters but marcos are able to bypass that defense. No longer will a handful of you will be able to macro anymore. Also this plugin will address cheat clients.

Tournament client that will have its own tournament master server list, don't worry tron client will still be able to spec the tournament servers but will be unable to play, you will have to use the tournament client to be able to play in tournaments. The tournament client will require a verified account to gain access. The tournament client will include automated score/match reporting, no more manually editing the wiki/brackets!

Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: [Sumo Tournaments] Important upcoming updates

Post by Ratchet »

you know, I read all that, and I still have no ******* clue what the point of your post was.

I'd say try to word things.. better. Are you suggesting that you're working on these things? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

You make the LGBT Community look bad.

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Is your new client based on the. 28 series? If so, do you plan to support. 4 clients for those that are used to using. 4?
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Cody wrote:...you will have to use the tournament client to be able to play in tournaments.
Source code please. Also, license information. Need proof these special builds are not zombies.

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Source code please. Also, license information. Need proof these special builds are not zombies.
I would vote this as well, then people are going to have the source to make their client work with yours if they want to and the idea is ruined. But, either way, I think requiring a new client for your tournament is going to cause very little activity. The community isn't even together on what client they like to use. It's very split. So then you have to force half the people to use either 0.2 or 0.4 (I think we can disregard the few on 0.3 at this point). Even after accepting that, we'd have to set up another client's settings and everything how we like for one tournament that happens a couple times a year.

Not trying to put you down or discourage you from trying to find solutions, and my opinion may be worth nothing to you, but I think you should try a different route.

Good luck!