Ladle 100 [Official]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

desgorn
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle 100 [Official]

Post by desgorn »

on another note, please don't sign up for teams you aren't on, let alone 5 different teams. *looking at you Rq~Sh!t*

I highly doubt you talked to teen,1200,corn,desolate,luck,Red,Nelhybel & co. So don't sign them up.
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by puma. »

desgorn wrote:on another note, please don't sign up for teams you aren't on, let alone 5 different teams. *looking at you Rq~Sh!t*
lol.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

The Ladle challenge board page on the wiki is a complete mess at the moment thanks to trolls.

@sinewav
I've spoken to okra and he cant make Ladle 100 either. nin wants to play though so if you do enter a team, he'd be interested.
Playing since December 2006
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by puma. »

Since no one else edited the page, I removed all of the teams Rq~$h!t added if that's okay. :oops:
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Although neither Monkey nor okra can make it this time I'd like to get a Sparks and Friends team up. If someone here is interested just write me a pm.

Otherwise I'll need someone I can play for..
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Just to let you guys know. I did put up and add on the wiki a Ladle server on my Texas server. It hasn't been used in a tournament yet. But, it has had a combination of a fully loaded SumoBar and a fully loaded CTF server running without any problems. European sumo players report decent performance in the SumoBar.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:star: Thanks gene.

I will leave it up to Ladle Enthusiasts to decide on double-elimination when the brackets are made. Below is a graphic showing where teams go upon losing in the upper bracket. It also shows that the lower bracket is restricted single matches until the semifinals, as we discussed in a different thread. This image can be easily posted on the Challenge Board above or below the actual brackets for players to use as a reference.

The lower bracket servers will take the place of the backup servers in round two. This means there are no backups until the 3rd round. The lower bracket servers should flow horizontally to reduce server switching as much as possible. If we decide to move forward with double-elimination I can rewrite my Server Distributor tool for this change (at a later date, of course).

Double elimination brackets should be unseeded.

To recap, double-elimination:
Pros
  • Let's everyone play more
  • Lower skill teams will have some even matches
  • Could make for some exciting upsets
  • Arguably better format for smaller Ladles
Cons
  • Adds 3 more matches to the Ladle
  • Upper bracket winner has to wait out those 3 matches before playing the final
  • Will confuse some players and might be more trouble than it is worth
  • Requires dedicated Ladle Enthusiasts to help teams and edit the bracket
I strongly suspect that in the future we will make the lower bracket semi-final one match instead of three to save time.
Attachments
double-elimination.png
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Looks good sine. :D

There's some wiki vandalism going on by the way, when generating auths etc make sure they haven't been edited.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Had a good few hours play last week, reminded myself why I love the game. Especially incam.

Can't make this 100th Ladle. $@£#!!!!! Going to be in the middle of nowhere, not sure what access to computer will be, etc

Have a good one, and good luck with the double-bracket experiment. I am sure I will be able to put in some time on the grid over the holiday period, and may 2016 be a good year for Arma!
hold the line
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BRACKETS

I noticed these were not getting done and maybe I am correct when I say that our regular Ladle Enthusiasts were nervous about the decision to enact double-elimination for L-100? Well worry no more, because I will take the blame, haha! This is the first double-elimination Ladle and, because of the larger than normal turnout, expect some problems (on top of the problems we normally face).

There is a helpful chart so teams know where to go after losing in the upper bracket. Lower bracket rounds are one match each to stay on time. The Lower Final is 3 matches, which means a long wait in the Upper Bracket before the big Final. I will do my best to answer questions and edit the Challenge Board throughout the event, which will surely go overtime.

It is important that Team Leaders do their duty and edit the brackets as they pass through them. If you are not comfortable doing this, please ask a Ladle Enthusiast or Global Moderator to help (check IRC #armagetron.tourneys on freenode.net). At the very least, post your scores in this thread so we can sort it out.

Global Mods, do your best to be diligent and patient. There will be a lot of confusion, complaints, troublemakers, and most likely a DDoS attack.

Thanks to Andrei for assisting with brackets.

:wink: Good luck, have fun, and happy anniversary!
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

sinewav wrote:BRACKETS

I noticed these were not getting done and maybe I am correct when I say that our regular Ladle Enthusiasts were nervous about the decision to enact double-elimination for L-100?
Ah. I slept in, I had been PMing the team leaders for final decisions on whether or not to go through with double elimination or not, it ended up being 8 to 1 in favor of double elimination from the responses I got though. Thanks for doing the brackets though!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Thanks for getting this through!
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Authorities are up for server owners, sorry for the lateness.

Edit: I updated the time chart to better represent this ladle, for the 4th round I have it set to only be a 30 minute interval between 4th round and semis since that match is supposed to only be 1 match and should take less time to play.

Edit2: I put the corresponding bye teams in the loser's bracket to give people a slight understanding of where the teams will go in that bracket, since we already have the teams facing the bye teams advancing.
Last edited by Magi on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by puma. »

sinewav wrote:Thanks to Andrei for assisting with brackets.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Awesome, thanks for the double elim! :-)
I can help with filling out the brackets too of course.