The time has come: Ladle 100 [HYPE]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Re: The time has come: Ladle 100 [HYPE]

Post by Slov »

Cody wrote:First thanks for calling out chah and NOT ME.
lmao classic cody

people don't get offended if your name is not on this list.
I didn't include a lot of people who I know check this forum at least once in a while.
also, I made it in like 10 mins by just scrolling through list of players in 3 random ladles (I think it was ladles 50, 60 and 70).

please don't take it as a list of my friends who I want to come back or anything like that. I just wanted to start somewhere.

other than Gonzap, nobody said anything about being able to contact these people. I need you guys to show more enthusiasm for this!!
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Slov wrote: other than Gonzap, nobody said anything about being able to contact these people. I need you guys to show more enthusiasm for this!!
Magi wrote:I'm trying to see if Rogue has anyway to contact our oldies like luffy and lacka, maybe get a second R2 team with oldies together
:(

I've already tried contacting a bunch of R's like Tobe Matoso and some others too, Poke said he would be there so there's that, Olive said he'll try and be there too I think, Titan is a maybe too, so I'm hopeful for getting a 2nd R team together
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
SixZero

Post by SixZero »

Hi all, it is a great idea!

I just got notified by pru. Word (I hope the IGN is correct :D) on facebook.
I think Hammer must be my twin brother's name, but it is written: HaMar
Secondly, I am not sure, if we can find the player whose name was Boxbox (I hope this was his main IGN), I miss him even if I saw him play only a few times, I liked his playstyle so much!

I 'll do my best to be there, on Dec 6(Sunday)!

I liked this game so much I 'll never forget the community :)
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

venom and myself would gladly participate. :)

edit: adding soska to the list
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

alright guys, you're awesome!

Magi: lol sorry I skipped you, I was posting that in a rush and only remembered Gonzap saying he will contact his CT buddies. you also get an A+ for participation

okay, I updated the list, marked a few but there are still tons of people who might not hear about this. I'm sure insa (and many others) has friends who are still reading this forum!

I'll send the link to this thread to the people I can get in contact with after making this post.

we're making a bit of a progress here and I like it. keep it going

my mixtape fire tho
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

I'm somewhat regretful to point it out, but:

it would be pretty shitty if we get all these cool dudes to come back and double-elimination goes poorly. Or, worse yet, if those annoying shitheads with their DDoS superpowers decide to be.. annoying.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by puma. »

Ratchet wrote:it would be pretty shitty if we get all these cool dudes to come back and double-elimination goes poorly. Or, worse yet, if those annoying shitheads with their DDoS superpowers decide to be.. annoying.
I was thinking about that too. Seems kind of risky to test out double elimination on an important ladle, either should've done it for ladle 99, or just start doing it for ladle 101. Also, has the method of avoiding DDoS attacks been decided yet? It might not be necessary because L99 was ddosfree, but should be thought of just in case.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I don't want to spoil everyone's fun, but Ladle 100 will not be an epic event.

Double elimination will not go smoothly, especially if there are returning players who haven't participated in a long time. Ladle 100 will go long. Be prepared for this fact.

Still, we should march ahead with double elimination because it is the likely future of Ladle. The highest probability is that this tournament will slowly shrink in size until it is so small that playing single elimination will not seem worth the effort to show up.

Ladle 100 will probably be DDoS'd just like the previous ones. Only a couple Ladle servers are hardened against that type of attack. The reason that more of them aren't is because it is cost prohibitive. We rarely had high quality servers back when Ladle was twice the size and we are less likely to have those kinds of servers now that the community is so small. Not only is it small, it's also shitty, which brings me to my last point...

There are a lot of terrible people here who will gleefully ruin Ladle 100 either by attacking the servers or simply causing trouble in them. Most of these people are players on established teams.

I am not trying to be negative. These are simply facts we must face. The real challenge here is not in the brackets, the servers, or getting old players back in the game. The challenge is to continue playing Ladle without getting discouraged. The challenge is inside you.

Good luck and have fun.
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

You convinced me sine. Where the open teams at?
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

LucK wrote:You convinced me sine. Where the open teams at?
*Gasp*... a tribute.... you.... volunteer as tribute?
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Double elimination for ladle 100? Can't you wait with that until 101?

After all the horrible ctf tourneys with double elimination (which requires extra organization), that ran far too long even though there were only 6-8 teams, I wouldn't sign up for a ladle with double elim. Just my opinion and as someone here said, if a lot of oldies actually come back for 100, double elimination might cause problems for us.

Nice initiative slov, and thx for not mentioning me :(
Pre
Average Program

Post by Pre »

"Let's bring back all the old players we can get ahold of, just to make them lose in 2 matches and then not let them watch because the servers will be full on specs anyway. Surely that will make them get back into the game again."

I assume there will be alot of open team / or unorganised teams. If they all lose instantly, that would be very frustrating after all the hype building up to this tournament. Sure, for the teams that will go into the finals it will really get late, and some might have to wait long periods of time in between the matches, but the prestige of winning the 100th ladle should be reason enough to endure. And maybe we can someone have stream the whole thing and do interviews and stuff? I recall something like that happening before, that was pretty good. That would be a good way to kill the time at least and something to watch and do for the people eliminated.

Let's try to make this a good experience for everyone and not just make it a bigger achievement for the winners
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Titanoboa wrote:Nice initiative slov, and thx for not mentioning me :(
it's not because I forgot about you, but I thought you were active enough to know it was ladle 100!

maybe the club should organise a team :D

btw I agree with getting rid of the double elimination thingy for this one. we can do it for ladle 101 tho

to the negative nancy in this thread: sine your post made me feel depressed. what exactly was the purpose of it

my mixtape fire tho
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

Hopefully I get the game running again until then!
algid
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by algid »

I'll get insa boys..though he doesn't want to go through the effort of re downloading the game..I'll try my best

schwuli
oblivion
rogerthat
magic
sasafras
d3m0n
sasha
slick
k-yo
hoop
force
corn