VOGUE BAN [POLL]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

SHOULD LIZ BE UNBANNED FROM LADLE?

yes
19
48%
no
21
53%
 
Total votes: 40

TaZ
Round Winner
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Re: ladle

Post by TaZ »

kyle wrote:I don't even remember the original reason why she was banned, I know the current extension was for disobeying the original ban. I'd say let her play, she's going to end up playing either way regardless, so as long as she does not play on more than 1 team (Looked it up) I don't see why no anymore.

User avatar
[Anonymous]
Round Winner
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by [Anonymous] »

The only team who will even play with him is m&m and we ALL know they aren't foreign to cheating lol

User avatar
Soul
Match Winner
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by Soul »

i enjoy hearing about how she and m&m have to cheat to win a ladle with seven inactive teams too much

no thanks, +1 to sine
Chief Justice of the Armagetron Advanced Judicial System.
---------------
Notable Bans Issued:
Vogue - 12 month ban(x2)
Lucifer - 1 Day

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6297
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by sinewav »

Vogue wrote:...it's about people who are butthurt cause i've insulted them in the past. hows that fair exactly sine?
My attitude toward your ban has nothing to do with your behavior before it. I wasn't even a part of the initial ban vote. These are just the facts. You were banned for your behavior during Ladle then re-banned for behavior after implementation. You are completely unremorseful and I can't see any reason why the ban should be lifted early since you continue to evade it. I am actually surprised that there isn't another vote trying to extend it. You should consider yourself fortunate. Don't push your luck.

My comment about your past is only used to illustrate why so many people are unsympathetic to your undeserved appeal. No, I don't think you "contributed positively to ladle many years by bringing competition, rivalries and talent." All those things existed without you, and anything you brought was accompanied by drama. Much, much drama.

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by Cody »

Let my gurl go, shes going to play anyway LOL

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by Vogue »

how can anyone call me unremorseful after this apology https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yhNUxAc5U

i dare u!!!!!

User avatar
Slov
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 934
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by Slov »

Wow, that video was beautiful!

FREE LIZ
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho

Monkey
Match Winner
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:36 am
Location: England, UK

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by Monkey »

I have no personal beef with Liz but I still agree with what sinewav says about the whole situation.
kyle wrote:I'd say let her play, she's going to end up playing either way regardless, so as long as she does not play on more than 1 team (Looked it up) I don't see why no anymore.
I'm surprised that you have said this.

@Liz
Without trying to sound patronising, you know, it's not too late to change things. You can be still be humorous and stand your ground without causing trouble, it is possible. I'm not even saying that if people give you shit you shouldn't give it back ten times harder, just don't ruin things for decent people that haven't done anything to you.
Playing since December 2006

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by misterplayer »

Grudges grudges. All of you are caught up in the past and don't realize the current state of the game. Also I thought the point of the 100th ladle was to get more players and for it to be more competitive? Well this is the first step lol

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by misterplayer »

Soul wrote:i enjoy hearing about how she and m&m have to cheat to win a ladle with seven inactive teams too much

no thanks, +1 to sine


What? Anyone know what soul is talking about?

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by misterplayer »

[Anonymous] wrote:The only team who will even play with him is m&m and we ALL know they aren't foreign to cheating lol


I would really love to know when m&m ever cheated

User avatar
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1859
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse
Contact:

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by kyle »

Monkey wrote:
kyle wrote:I'd say let her play, she's going to end up playing either way regardless, so as long as she does not play on more than 1 team (Looked it up) I don't see why no anymore.
I'm surprised that you have said this.
Maybe because I voted only 3 months for that second ban vote, maybe if it was only 3 months (really should have been 4, 1 for the missed and 3 to extend), she would have followed it and everything would have been over. But she has screwed over a lot of the people that were voting, so she got the maximum she could get. The 3rd vote came more than 4 ladles after the second ban. Therefore I've just felt this should have been over before it got extended the second time. I do believe anything she would do going forward should be highly punished.
Image

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by aP|Nelg »

Vogue wrote:how can anyone call me unremorseful after this apology https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yhNUxAc5U

i dare u!!!!!
You dare me?
http://armanelgtron.tk/stuff/my_response.wav

Ok ok, maybe the "my response" file is a little "Just ridiculous, must-try-harder"...
Maybe I'll try and find a better electronic voice in the future.

*electronic sam = that microsoft voice


EDIT: I guess since I'm not involved in ladle I don't have much to say on the topic itself
Last edited by aP|Nelg on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monkey
Match Winner
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:36 am
Location: England, UK

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by Monkey »

@kyle
I too thought that 12 months was long for a ban, however, like you say, she has screwed over a lot of people. I think the main reason why I was surprised about what you said is that she seems to show no genuine remorse for anything she's done.
Playing since December 2006

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6297
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: VOGUE BAN [POLL]

Post by sinewav »

misterplayer wrote:Grudges grudges. All of you are caught up in the past and don't realize the current state of the game.
The game is just fine, I'm sorry you don't like it. Maybe you can play something else?

Vogue's ban has nothing to do with grudges, though it wouldn't matter if it did. The Ladle community is under no obligation to create a perfect court system. We don't have to model it on the world's greatest efforts in judicial fairness because there are no lives on the line, no money exchanging hands. Besides, a justice system that did not consider the full history of a repeat offender would be very weak indeed. Don't like it? Don't play. This community has been exceedingly tolerant over the years and I can prove it with one word: BayLife.
misterplayer wrote:Also I thought the point of the 100th ladle was to get more players and for it to be more competitive?
There is no "point" to the hundredth Ladle. It's just simply the first Ladle event with three digits. People aren't trying to get more people for more competition, they are trying to get old players back for nostalgia.

Locked