Ladle 98

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Oparachukwu
Average Program

Re: Ladle 98

Post by Oparachukwu »

I need a team this ladle. Please hmu!
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
TheRealTweezy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheRealTweezy »

Monkey wrote:
IndigoChild wrote:I'd like if most teams play open since we are new :)
I'm not sure whether this is a troll post or not but...

@IndigoChild

In fortress and sumo tournaments, closing is a normal part of the game. It's unlikely (although not completely impossible) that your opponents will play "open" against you. Just don't expect it is all I'm saying.
Indigochild is one of the decent minded, you understand, you know, you have spoken. I respect your request and others must follow
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

My turn on open vs. closed. As you acknowledge, playing open is a choice of players. Typically, but not always, Fortress players have closed without mercy as a means of killing quickly and often. In fact, the best Fortress players that I know only play open at times to make the game go longer. None of these players are going to do that in a Ladle. Most teams, most of the time in a Ladle are going to bring the best, most ruthless game they can play. After all, the object is to win! Closing has never really been part of Fortress, except recently some sumo players that have come from Yellow Sub and Loose Dogfight have been trying to get others to play open. It is doubtful anybody else is going to agree to that. I would highly recomend that your team play tight and get kills.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

I got pulled back in by another post -- http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 21#p294821 -- way back in 2006, ten years almost to the day. Brought back memories.

I'd like to play. Rusty skills. Only play with family. There was a birthday party the other day, and got a group of 10 year old's playing, one of whom has subsequently downloaded the game. Would be nice for them to play Fortress but if I remember we require passwords etc to login to servers last time I played online. Anyway -- any spaces for an old-timer? PM me.

Saw the post about ladle 100. Do a call for old players for L99 so players have an opportunity to grind the rust off their match-skills, and get up to date with server passwords etc. And find a team :)
hold the line
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Hey 2020. I think we missed your idealism. :P
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Good to see you back 2020. You're welcome to play for my team, "Sparks and friends".
Playing since December 2006
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Thanks Word. Alone, it is one person's idealism. Together, it is realistic. Ladle proves that. What is done on the grid, or on a football pitch, or in a business, it is the same. Teamwork.

Sure Monkey, thanks.
hold the line
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Brackets

I'll be honest I have no actual clue what servers are up so I just used the ones that we've been using recently and have been good, if server owners have servers reply here and I'll list them as backup servers.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Just to confirm, Compguygene's NYC and Compguygene's GER are still up and ready to be used.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Is the authorities RINCLUDE broken just for me? Seems like the resource repository is having problems.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

I cannot connect either, so i went ahead and put my version up here https://crazy-tronners.com/resource/lad ... rities.cfg
biasoner
Average Program

Post by biasoner »

I'm available for sub for anyone if needed. I will be on the grids 1 hour prior. HMU.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

kyle wrote:I cannot connect either, so i went ahead and put my version up here https://crazy-tronners.com/resource/lad ... rities.cfg
Z-Man wrote:Is the authorities RINCLUDE broken just for me? Seems like the resource repository is having problems.
Ya I tried on Friday to put it up and the resource was down, so I waited a bit, it's still down, thanks for putting one up Kyle
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Good games guys 8) wp m&m
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

GMs to Ww, ProNabs, and _~R~_

CT's LIV: -1

A lot of slides and at times the server wouldn't let me turn.

The first ladle win feels so sweet. Shoutout to all my previous clans! You guys all brought me here! :D
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol