Sunday Fortress Competition

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

help im a bug
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Sunday Fortress Competition

Post by help im a bug »

i learned how to play position 3!! it only took a bunch of yelling from opara and nate!!
oh no!
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

help im a bug wrote:i learned how to play position 3!! it only took a bunch of yelling from opara and nate!!
Psh ignore Opara he's a noob :lol:

Great matches! This was a really awesome thing and hope this becomes an every sunday experience (when there's not ladle or something else) :D

And yes, I agree with someone saying that this was funnier than playing the same teams, same players, every month. Nice way to mix things up a bit.
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

S0lutai wrote: And yes, I agree with someone saying that this was funnier than playing the same teams, same players, every month. Nice way to mix things up a bit.
Ya DGM smells like trash
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

Sorry I couldn't make it, Some last minute things came up.
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

help im a bug wrote:i learned how to play position 3!! it only took a bunch of yelling from opara and nate!!
i barely said a word, i was concerned with my non-stop slides. being that nate was the center i would say he did the most talking o.o
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

In regards to the slides. If you guys are willing to try my servers. I have tested them with a number of people who have had slides in other servers but don't in mine. Compguygene's GER is hosted in Frankfurt, Germany and Compguygene's NYC is hosted in New York City. These are both on VPS's from a company that markets themself to gamers and uses only bandwidth from InterNAP, which is a premium provider of bandwidth worldwide.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

compguygene wrote:In regards to the slides. If you guys are willing to try my servers. I have tested them with a number of people who have had slides in other servers but don't in mine. Compguygene's GER is hosted in Frankfurt, Germany and Compguygene's NYC is hosted in New York City. These are both on VPS's from a company that markets themself to gamers and uses only bandwidth from InterNAP, which is a premium provider of bandwidth worldwide.

We actually did end up playing in your GER server after we gathered in Theo's FR3 and right as we were about the start the server near imploded for 3 rounds straight, everyone's pings were around 500-1000 and we decided to move to your server since people were playing there beforehand and it seemed alright. As for the the matches there they seemed really stable on my end until the last couple rounds where some bad slides happened that near killed everyone and really could have affected the outcome of the match. With the exception of those two slides I thought the server was pretty good. potter disconnected once but it wouldn't be a fort competition if potter didn't dc, right?

bye
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Thank you for the feedback. I have really tried to optimize the server as much as possible. I did not know that it had been used.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

bye
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Reminder this is sunday, hopefully we can get 12 players by then, if not players are still welcome to show up and hope others show up too so we can get a game going

bye
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

Guess it lacked a bit of promotion this time around... Oh well.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

I went ahead and randomized the teams for 10 players, hopefully we can find 2 subs for tomorrow and play some games regardless of only 10 signing up

bye
kill3r
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by kill3r »

as long as most people show up, i think we'll find some subs at sumo or such placess
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

nate signed up you should flip a coin to see which team he gets on
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

Don't expect me to show up this time around. My computer won't turn on after last night's storm. So good luck.