3 month review (forum split)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Should Competition subforum be brought back here?

Yes
76%
No
18%
I don't care
5%

Total votes: 55

ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: 3 month review (forum split)

Post by ConVicT »

This just being ignored or is it being considered, or...
Kyle added this poll 6 days ago and nothing's been done :roll:
It's really no wonder there's no new players; come here and ask a question or about the game and you won't get an answer for weeks :roll:
Last edited by ConVicT on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

19-1 is still pretty favourable of bringing them back, but give it another week
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Let's say we get the competition Sub/forums back, now what?
This game dies even slower.

If you're gonna poll something do it on something concerning on how to attract new players.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

It's hard to attract new players when there's no old players on anyways, the activity for tournaments was higher before the competition subforums got split, I don't know if the activity will rise at all if the forums get put back, but as of now there's really only 2-3 players that even use the comps subforums site as far as I can tell, and this poll has more than that voted, so it's worth a shot if you ask me.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
kyle

Post by kyle »

[Anonymous] wrote:Let's say we get the competition Sub/forums back, now what?
This game dies even slower.

If you're gonna poll something do it on something concerning on how to attract new players.
Nothing is stopping you from making them.

EDIT: Also we can vote on all kinds of stuff, We've all agreed for the most part that the main site needs changes, but noone has been willing to do it. I am hoping that tank will be around to revert the lock and gets stuff back here where we seam to agree so far that it belongs.
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Tron as a community rely on the devs to much; We could push Tron to new limits if we work together. Many of us have different talents in different fields
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'm gonna go ahead and be realistic here instead of delusional: this game is gonna die and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You won't get enough new players to replace the ones quitting. However, you can make it easier for us oldies by opening the competitions subforum... splitting it was dumb.
kyle

Post by kyle »

kyle wrote:19-1 is still pretty favourable of bringing them back, but give it another week
I started this at the time of that post. Given 6 days even with a tournament the results there are currently 10 in favour of moving back here and 1 against.

I think it's pretty clear,
1) The community wants the subform opened back up here.
2) there is a lot less activity there than here (not as conclusive as above)

Neither have mentioning of the other forums topic on them until now
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

I say we not only split the competition forums but ladle as well. Experienced ladle and developing ladle. (Part serious, part attention-seeking post).
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Vogue wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and be realistic here instead of delusional: this game is gonna die and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You won't get enough new players to replace the ones quitting. However, you can make it easier for us oldies by opening the competitions subforum... splitting it was dumb.
I'm with Liz, us vets are turning away at a higher rate than newer players getting into the game. Fort/ladle is already impacted by this due to its required 6 person teams and the attention fort has gotten dev wise is a shame.

The subforum is a joke and I still haven't registered there.

I won't be back on here til the next sumo tournament and that's only because magi introduced Grand Sumo Games.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Everyone on forums wrote:Yes, it should be moved back here.
I guess all we're waiting on is for someone to give a shit.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

[Anonymous] wrote:Tron as a community rely on the devs to much; We could push Tron to new limits if we work together. Many of us have different talents in different fields
Well, the split was trying to promote precisely that; put the competition side of the forums more in community hands. I still think it could work and was a good idea at the core, but it can't work against the apparent resistance of the community. And, well, I almost forgot about the one or other Ladle myself. So my Triumvirate vote goes:

Reintegrate the competition fourms. 'twas a nice experiment, but I don't think we can wait any longer for the first potential benefits to materialize. Maybe give Light more admin powers here instead?
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

Vogue wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and be realistic here instead of delusional: this game is gonna die and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You won't get enough new players to replace the ones quitting. However, you can make it easier for us oldies by opening the competitions subforum... splitting it was dumb.
sadly, truth has been spoken
Light

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:I still think it could work and was a good idea at the core, but it can't work against the apparent resistance of the community. And, well, I almost forgot about the one or other Ladle myself.
It could if people would accept small changes and were promoting like they would have other times. Instead, they seem too busy trying to get things to change back than trying to make the competitions better.

It's hard to make change acceptable in such a small community when you have people refusing to register and stuff just because something changed and they don't like it. They're too unwilling to give it a chance.

On the other hand, I did see a couple dev topics come up and some nice talk in the right direction already, such as the master list filter. I'm sure if one of the devs took up the idea, they could make it a little prettier, but from a little talking, a new (and IMO useful) feature was added with a patch.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Light wrote:I'm sure if one of the devs took up the idea, they could make it a little prettier, but from a little talking, a new (and IMO useful) feature was added with a patch.
Light: I have a secret!
Everyone else: You gonna tell me?
Light: Nope....
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (391.9 KiB) Viewed 2482 times