3 month review (forum split)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Should Competition subforum be brought back here?

Yes
76%
No
18%
I don't care
5%

Total votes: 55

/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Re: 3 month review (forum split)

Post by /dev/null »

Its all food to me, quit crying.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Sinewav: I think what you could do is take care of the cockpits we are going to include. I'll do the menu selection, but someone needs to gather or create the relevant files. The current default cockpit is just there to show all the features, nobody seriously wants THAT clock in the final release. We need a slick default cockpit with the relevant stuff there, but not too overcrowded, a minimalistic one, a completely empty one (I can do that!) one that mimics 0.2.8. I think we have that somewhere, but I don't know where.
aP|Nelg wrote:If someone even SPEAKS of him, the whole forum is suddenly going crazy.
Wrong. You and Convict go crazy. Look here. Did Word or me or anyone go crazy and bomb that topic? No. But I merely respectfully and with as much diplomacy as I can muster answer a question here truthfully, and you two go bananas. This has to stop.
ConVicT wrote:
Z-Man wrote: Don't make me stomp my moderator foot.
Well, we all know how that turns out, it outs no turn.
The one thing I did wrong was not stop early enough. Nelg gets a formal warning for his trolling, because that's what it is at this point. Consider foot stomped. You get away without a formal warning for now because you seemed to show some restraint.
ConVicT wrote:
Z-Man wrote:That probably includes explaining the one or other logic behind an odd bit of old code.
That "bit" is a lot more than you say, IMO.
Congratulations, you got what that self-deprecating joke was about. You did not get the joke part, though.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

I can also help for the 0.4 stable run. Somebody would need to tell me though what I could do (with my limited experience) and I also might ask a lot of questions :P
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

Z-Man wrote:I don't think we ever rejected small patches that do useful things and integrated cleanly if they were posted here. Forgotten about... maybe. Overlooked if it was published elsewhere, certainly. If it'd be easier to extract things, we probably would have merged more from the sty based branches.
Guess https://bugs.launchpad.net/armagetronad is "published elsewhere" :)

Also on a side note, I find the workflow with launchpad quite complicated...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I like what a constructive thread this has become. Do we need any more translations (should I improve the German one that comes with the current 0.4 a little)? I could try to find people for other languages.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

There are also a lot of missing help entries. See here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/armagetronad/+bug/326670
Word

Post by Word »

Some of that I can probably guess, others not so much (the camera stuff). I suggest one of the people who actually knows what the commands do writes the English version and we'll see about the rest.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

For the record, I don't think Nelg and Convict are idiots. Durf is a talented coder. It doesn't change the past. I think he has a great potential to help the game out and I certainly think he should consider developing for the game and requesting merges for developer/community approval.

I also think you're being a bit aggressive, Word.

At any rate, glad to see the productivity. Any chance Tank visits these forums again before next March?
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Jip wrote:Guess https://bugs.launchpad.net/armagetronad is "published elsewhere" :)
Yes! I have an email notification for all bugs set up... but then it overwhelmed me and I made a filter that puts them in a special folder. And then I usually forget about it. Don't hesitate to bump those entries with actual patches to me. Patch merging fits in the little bits on in-between-time that are too short or unpredictable to do actual own work.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

I don't think I'm the only one with FPS issues on 0.4 FYI. I thought I saw someone complain about it a while back on a different topic.
Word

Post by Word »

@Ratchet: You're right. I just thought their tone is infuriating.
Z-Man wrote:You get away without a formal warning for now because you seemed to show some restraint.
Gotta say that I actually sympathized with the fact that Convict shows restraint by talking about his urge to punch someone in the face (no sarcasm, I really felt the same way reading that post).
Last edited by Word on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

aP|Nelg wrote:I don't think I'm the only one with FPS issues on 0.4 FYI. I thought I saw someone complain about it a while back on a different topic.
I can confirm that when I play on 0.4 it is much less "smooth" to me and my FPS are lower.

However, I can deal with it at the expense of being selfish and asking for other, more important (to me) changes.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Word wrote:@Ratchet: You're right. I just thought their tone is infuriating.
Z-Man wrote:You get away without a formal warning for now because you seemed to show some restraint.
Gotta say that I actually sympathized with the fact that Convict shows restraint by talking about his urge to punch someone in the face (no sarcasm, I really felt the same way reading that post).
Maybe I should've added at the end that it was a private joke meant for Nelg.
It wasn't attacking him, nor was it meant to look like I was asking if others felt the same.
You understand what a private joke is, right?

Anywho, three edits for two sentences?
It's usually a two to one ratio, at least you're getting better :)
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

Word wrote:I like what a constructive thread this has become. Do we need any more translations (should I improve the German one that comes with the current 0.4 a little)? I could try to find people for other languages.
I can help improve the Spanish one a bit too, if you all are interested.
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Can't you just use an online translator? :?