im not registering

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Soul
Match Winner

im not registering

Post by Soul »

so whether it was a very poorly planned april fools "prank" or just a shitty idea, can the competitions forum be put back to normal and the idiot who thought of this idea be strung up and placed in a locked room with durf for 24 hours?

thanks
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: im not registering

Post by Light »

Maybe you could try something a little more helpful, and explaining your disagreements with it. What you've posted is basically pointless.

The main goal was simply splitting away the competitions chatter from the development, support, etc. threads. It has also made it a lot more organized by now not throwing everything into a single board, rather have them separated by tournaments. Further, tournament chat is separate from tools and other threads now so it's easier to find what you'd want to look at, or to help the people updating the info find everything they need to do it.

The down side? You have to go spend 15 seconds of your life registering. You probably spent more time posting this thread than it would have taken to register. That's like refusing to register for the wiki because you want to sign up in a thread here instead. All you're doing is keeping yourself away from the future conversations regarding competitions.

So, maybe give a little better info, or get over being upset that something changed. I know .. people get bitchy about change no matter what it is, but this really isn't a huge deal to try and start an uprising for. It's simply having you keep your competition stuff separate, and while at it giving you a cleaner way to do it.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

ever heard of a thing called sub forums?
Light

Post by Light »

Soul wrote:ever heard of a thing called sub forums?
Okay, but you missed the main point of it happening. How would that separate it from these forums? The organization was a bit of a bonus on top of the main goal.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

"lets separate from the one place that most people already visit and are already registered to"
Light

Post by Light »

Soul wrote:"lets separate from the one place that most people already visit and are already registered to"
Yeah. Separating it from the main forums that they're wanting dedicated to promoting development in the game rather than competitions for a certain group of players. I can see your point of keeping it a part of the main forums, but I don't think this was a terrible way of solving what they wanted. You're not losing anything, and it's not doing anything to hold you back from any of it. Rather than give it a chance, you want to simply avoid any little change. It doesn't take that long to have the small community of competition players migrate over. Soon enough, everything having to do with the tournaments you're after keeping how they are will be there and sorted out better for everyone to get to.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

ignant
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

There are pros and cons to both.
Right now the basic phpbb3 setup for competitions, dose not do much for us. And to be honest I don't plan on registering while it is like that.

However if we can integrate the wiki pages with the forums into a competition system then that place would make a lot more sense. Add a short GID and all competitions can be locked into on place. This would actually be good.

But right now to have a 3rd Official login, I don't think it is worth it for what it has.
Light

Post by Light »

kyle wrote:However if we can integrate the wiki pages with the forums into a competition system
Ideas on this could very well be possible if you want to explain in a little more detail exactly what you mean. Right now though, time for me to get some sleep.
kyle wrote:Add a short GID and all competitions can be locked into on place. This would actually be good.
Already exists. Accounts have an @comps GID.
xXSyagehtllikXx
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by xXSyagehtllikXx »

Just another stupid mother ******.
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

Soul wrote:can the competitions forum be put back to normal and the idiot who thought of this idea be strung up and placed in a locked room with durf for 24 hours?

thanks
Totally agree with this

but this
Light wrote:
Soul wrote:"lets separate from the one place that most people already visit and are already registered to"
Yeah. Separating it from the main forums that they're wanting dedicated to promoting development in the game rather than competitions for a certain group of players. I can see your point of keeping it a part of the main forums, but I don't think this was a terrible way of solving what they wanted. You're not losing anything, and it's not doing anything to hold you back from any of it. Rather than give it a chance, you want to simply avoid any little change. It doesn't take that long to have the small community of competition players migrate over. Soon enough, everything having to do with the tournaments you're after keeping how they are will be there and sorted out better for everyone to get to.
The small community of competition players = 90% of the total players that still, kindly play this game.
Also lol at the development stuff: you've been developing this game for more that 10 years and how's it going? You guys are now fighting for the throne of most active game with world of warcraft and league of legends? lol don't make me laugh.
What's the entire point of moving competitions away from this website? (which is IHMO the only subforum that people still visit, cause let's be honest, besides durf and the few spammers in this website, no one else gives a shit about everything else)
Is it going to confuse new players? No one f*king plays, no one mother f*cking plays! With all honesty if I was new, I wouldn't give a damn about it, I can even ask my friends what they think, I can ask the guy that delivers me the newspaper, and nobody will give a shit about it, be new players, or veterans.

"Give it a chance"

Why is no one willing to give you a chance? Because it is not necessary, it is not needed, no one asked you guys to do it.
Taking away the competition forums away from a game that is actually more focused to competitions that everything else at the moment (because people still play to do ladles shovels and shit) is simple useless, it's like ESPN taking all the sports news away from their website.

It won't take long to migrate all the competition players indeed, because soon there's gonna be none.
Last edited by S0lutai on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

S0lutai wrote:
Soul wrote:can the competitions forum be put back to normal and the idiot who thought of this idea be strung up and placed in a locked room with durf for 24 hours?

thanks
+1

Yeah no changes need to be done to the competitions forum, thanks.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Light wrote:
kyle wrote:However if we can integrate the wiki pages with the forums into a competition system
Ideas on this could very well be possible if you want to explain in a little more detail exactly what you mean. Right now though, time for me to get some sleep.
I thought this link outlined the vision I had
There may be another topic or post related to it.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I have to agree with Soul on this. I genuinely thought that this was Tank's contribution to April fools...and I'm still hoping that it is. These forums are a community gathering place, please don't destroy them in this way. We already have the forums, wiki, website, tron times, hashpickup... how many more sites do we need? At least most of those you don't even need to login to but to add another site that we need to login to just for competitions? Madness. We already have the forums for discussing competitions and we have the wiki for competition details.

I kind of understand the idea here but you're going about it in the wrong way. We need to integrate/centralise, not separate/decentralise.
Last edited by Monkey on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing since December 2006
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Monkey wrote:We already have the forums, wiki, website, tron times, hashpickup... how many more sites do we need? At least most of those you don't even need to login to but to add another site that we need to login to just for competitions? Madness.
This. But it's tank so it's probably a case of Deal With It. :/