Ladle 91

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 91

Post by Titanoboa »

Sucks that I missed another ladle, I hope I'll catch the next one. gz fellow Rogues :D

Amaso wrote:Teams Continue to shrink
Dunno if anyone has pointed this out already... but if you're trying to spread terror on here, you've got it all backwards.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

kyle wrote:
Overrated wrote: That being said, I am wondering why it seems most servers I play in for ladle are consistently worse than casual play. Aside from the dbd server I played in the past couple of days that has had multiple lag spikes and crashes, my ping spikes for the ladle and makes it more difficult to play. Is it just the fact there are so many spectators? I was able to play MegaFort 9v9 with less lags than Theo's today, and I'm not sure why.
Lag is a myth, its only in your brain!
More or less to the first point :P
I get in a more competitive environment, and in a tournament none the less, one is to be more critical of a server's performance. However, I feel it's worth noting that I had small, if any issues, in your server than I did in Theo's on Sunday.

Maybe it's the way I have things set up, or maybe the computer I use just sucks? I'm not sure, but regardless, I typically am a supporter of Theo's server. It is typically one of the better ones for me, but on Sunday I could not get my ping to stay stable. It was horrendous. I'm curious as to why this could have happened.

In general, it does feel that ladle servers are worse, but as I said before, I could see that being an issue in terms of the fact it's for a tournament and not just casual so I am less affected by it.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Overrated wrote:on Sunday I could not get my ping to stay stable. It was horrendous. I'm curious as to why this could have happened.
On my server, the health measurements (CPU, RAM, IOs, etc.) were ok during the ladle.

Except for armagetron, the server was mainly idle.

My provider didn't publish anything about network issues this Sunday.

I don't know what went wrong. Maybe a link between my provider and your isp was heavily used?

That's pretty much the only thing I can't measure.

As usual, we don't have a lot of feedback. I'm not sure if you were the only one impacted or not.
Overrated wrote:In general, it does feel that ladle servers are worse, but as I said before, I could see that being an issue in terms of the fact it's for a tournament and not just casual so I am less affected by it.
I don't see any reason why ladle server would be worse.

I mean that's pretty much the same hardware, the same software (I'm still using the same version), the server is restarted every ladle, once the auths are published.

The only thing I can come up with is this: random luck. Sometimes it works better if we're lucky, sometimes it's worse. Maybe linked to the network usage by other people. Maybe everyone started to go on youtube just during ladle? Or something?

Or maybe it's something else, totally unrelated. But I don't see what it could be.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Titanoboa wrote:Sucks that I missed another ladle
Lucky you
http://www.twitch.tv/screallly/b/631424314
http://www.twitch.tv/screallly/b/631464705
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

theo wrote:
Or maybe it's something else, totally unrelated. But I don't see what it could be.
On my end I think it may have just been due to a winter storm affecting my stability to EU servers, dunno
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

Fun ladle, gms to WW, CTa, and Rogue Tronners. Always a pleasure to play you lot.

+1 to Kyle's NYC

Server was very stable for all of the matches we played, I had no issues on my end. CTbeard will hopefully reign supreme next ladle :stubble:
Image Image Image Image
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Nice stream sylla, keep it going.

Well played Rogue Tronners, congratulations. Two really close and, despite the lags, fun matches. I'm looking forward to facing you again, soon.
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

dreadlord wrote:Nice stream sylla, keep it going.
Forgot to comment on this. Thanks for streaming sylla+others, I definitely enjoyed the recordings and commentary. I have some suggestions, if you would have them.

Perhaps divide your commentators up, have one commentating on blue team and one on gold, that way you're not talking over other people--also it helps spread the commentary out so you're not focused on one team in particular. I enjoyed the spectator cams, but I'd like to see closer to the zones, or even some 3rd person action.

Definitely a promising start, I truly hope you will commentate the next ladle. I will gladly tune in/watch the recs.
Image Image Image Image
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Nub wrote:
dreadlord wrote:Nice stream sylla, keep it going.
Forgot to comment on this. Thanks for streaming sylla+others, I definitely enjoyed the recordings and commentary. I have some suggestions, if you would have them.

Perhaps divide your commentators up, have one commentating on blue team and one on gold, that way you're not talking over other people--also it helps spread the commentary out so you're not focused on one team in particular. I enjoyed the spectator cams, but I'd like to see closer to the zones, or even some 3rd person action.

Definitely a promising start, I truly hope you will commentate the next ladle. I will gladly tune in/watch the recs.

All feedback is gladly receieved, even liz's.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami