Ladle 91

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 91

Post by Magi »

Gms CTbeard, Rd and Curufinw

0 Theo's: I couldn't play at all because of slides but I assume it's just my connection in EU servers (Thanks winter)

+1 Kyle's NYC: Stable entire match and smooth :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

syllabear wrote:1) Stream stopping
2) Armagetron client lag
You clearly don't know anything about streaming, lol.

1) Don't stream while playing.
2) Your internet can't handle streaming at all or you're using the wrong settings/software.
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

What's the entire point of streaming when you are not playing? Twitch channels don't become popular because their owners like to spec instead of actually playing a game, liz
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:/ Wow, people don't even update the bracket anymore.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Gz R, and yeah agreed on Theos.. I couldn't play, I slid pretty much every round, multiple times :(
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

sinewav wrote::/ Wow, people don't even update the bracket anymore.
I think there's some sort of bug with it Sine, if you go to edit the bracket template it shows that it has been updated
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Magi wrote:
sinewav wrote::/ Wow, people don't even update the bracket anymore.
I think there's some sort of bug with it Sine, if you go to edit the bracket template it shows that it has been updated
there was a break tag on the same line as the template, taking it out fixed the problem
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

Vogue wrote:
2) Armagetron client lag

2) Your internet can't handle streaming at all or you're using the wrong settings/software.
That is pretty much on the money in this case, the internet I have access to is very temperamental, it seems to depend on how many other people in my block are using it. It was fine all afternoon but during the finals/late semifinals I guess more people were using it. I will look into other options for next time.

And to clear up the perceived confusion, I was just streaming the finals, not playing in them. I was running armagetron as a spectator and TS, those were my only active networked programs.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Gazelle wrote:Gz R, and yeah agreed on Theos.. I couldn't play, I slid pretty much every round, multiple times :(
Unfortunately, you guys were the one to deny us a change in server. I think most people suffered and the multitude of crashes did not help. :/

I do not think it effected the integrity of the match, they were two very close matches and we both had to overcome multiple issues. I have unstable internet, as it is apparent, but I had no issues with outrageous ping in Kyle's compared to Theo's. 90 to 250+.

That being said, I am wondering why it seems most servers I play in for ladle are consistently worse than casual play. Aside from the dbd server I played in the past couple of days that has had multiple lag spikes and crashes, my ping spikes for the ladle and makes it more difficult to play. Is it just the fact there are so many spectators? I was able to play MegaFort 9v9 with less lags than Theo's today, and I'm not sure why.
Vogue wrote:
2) Armagetron client lag

He's doing a favor for the community without even being asked. If anything we should be grateful for him trying to get this working for the unfortunate ones who can't get into the server, or are looking for commentary. Maybe you can help us out and let Sylla use your settings when you streamed? It seemed to be pretty good in terms of giving a view on the entire grid.

That being said, the commentary, to me, felt it lacked analysis and was a little dry at times. I could see one thing on the opposite side of the field happen and hear nothing about it. Liz streamed once and had two cameras fixated on the zones and another interchangeable one to move around (iirc). This would help keeping an eye on all of the action. It is very difficult to be able to see everything that happens. Maybe getting a solid commentating duo, since it felt like Sylla was doing a majority of it.

It's a good start for someone who hadn't streamed before, continue working on it and it can be very good.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

i was only here to contribute a snarky comment, i have no intention of helping you improve the stream

gl
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I was very impressed at CT B's performance against CT A.
Gz R

Delinquent's +1
Playing since December 2006
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

S0lutai wrote:What's the entire point of streaming when you are not playing? Twitch channels don't become popular because their owners like to spec instead of actually playing a game, liz
Are you an idiot? I told him not to stream while playing because his internet can't handle it, not because it's impossible for everyone.
Maldor
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Maldor »

you are out of ladle, nobody cares about your opinion vogue, so plz stop posting, smarty pants
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Overrated wrote: That being said, I am wondering why it seems most servers I play in for ladle are consistently worse than casual play. Aside from the dbd server I played in the past couple of days that has had multiple lag spikes and crashes, my ping spikes for the ladle and makes it more difficult to play. Is it just the fact there are so many spectators? I was able to play MegaFort 9v9 with less lags than Theo's today, and I'm not sure why.
Lag is a myth, its only in your brain!
More or less to the first point :P