Ladle 90

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

User avatar
blondie
Core Dumper
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by blondie »

yes, but how ddo we know word isn't behind vogue's account?

aahaahhah i donttt know who to trust anymore

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Vogue »

Mock it all you want, I don't care. I also have no emotions so it's pointless to use words such as "dishonorable" and other synonyms. My point of all this is merely to be transparent when I play and to ask you why this ban is still even in place. You think the ban should be longer now that I've proven I play ladles?

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Gonzap »

sure, it's delightful to see you scratching your way in like a mole

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Word »

Vogue: Yep, I would extend the ban. I'm not sure how your apathy is related. What you did was dishonorable whether you care about it or not, so you're treated accordingly. You aren't "transparent" if you circumvent a penalty and then proceed to rub it in...
You go to jail, you escape jail, then you go back and ask the wardens if they let you be because you're good at escaping. :roll:

(I wasn't mocking you. I find all this quite pathetic. Maybe you want to be banned?)

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by orion »

If you can play ladles then a permaban would be ok with everyone, you are happy playing in the darkness and we are happy seeing you playing on low rated/unorganised teams or not playing at all :done:
Image

Overrated
Match Winner
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 am

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Overrated »

Vogue wrote:Your ban is ridiculous and you know it.
It's interesting you say this, because it only further proves the ban, but that is all I will say on the matter.

+1 theo fr3

Thanks for letting me play for you in finals wild west.

gz rd.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11291
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne, Jabber: [email protected]
Contact:

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Z-Man »

I now also received solid evidence that Vogue has control over the [email protected] GID. She logged in with it on my server.

Cadillac_
Average Program
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Cadillac_ »

Soul that pic gets creepier the longer you stare :c
blondie wrote:yes, but how ddo we know word isn't behind vogue's account?

aahaahhah i donttt know who to trust anymore
blondie maybe you should change your pw so liz doesn't post with it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pathetique: ALSO AM DRONK
------------------------------
Image
Lol^^^

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11291
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne, Jabber: [email protected]
Contact:

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Z-Man »

Couple of mostly worthless posts removed. If you have something worth saying, it is worth saying respectfully.

User avatar
ogo
Average Program
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by ogo »

The simple question is this; do we have the technical capability to prevent her from playing?

So far the answer appears to be no, with the only option we have consisting of handing out bans to people who knowingly play with her (which we can't prove anyway), which would obviously only further deplete the diminishing ladle player base

I don't want to legitimise her behaviour by letting her play, but frankly I'm extremely tired of having the same conversation every month about a player who has had next to no impact for the teams she has secretly played for in ladle competitions

Durf
Match Winner
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Durf »

Rest assured team KSI is Vogue-free. :wink:

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Ladle 90

Post by compguygene »

ogo wrote:The simple question is this; do we have the technical capability to prevent her from playing?

So far the answer appears to be no, with the only option we have consisting of handing out bans to people who knowingly play with her (which we can't prove anyway), which would obviously only further deplete the diminishing ladle player base

I don't want to legitimise her behaviour by letting her play, but frankly I'm extremely tired of having the same conversation every month about a player who has had next to no impact for the teams she has secretly played for in ladle competitions
It has been stated on numerous occasions that the ban is more symbolic that absolute. There are many ways around it. I think there is no need for conversation here. She did it. It happened. The only conversation to have is to start a topic to extend the ban. Obviously, enough evidence has been presented here to consider it.
Obviously the ban means something to her. She constantly evades it. She seems to be doing all she can to get it either lifted or ended. There is no need for us to play into the dramatic garbage of this. Liz not being able to openly play on the team of her choosing does seem to be an effective punishment. For us to just end the ban because she evades is just wrong.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

User avatar
theo
Round Winner
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Ladle 90

Post by theo »

ogo wrote:the only option we have consisting of handing out bans to people who knowingly play with her (which we can't prove anyway)
Or people who gave their password (like mister).

User avatar
Z-Man
God & Project Admin
Posts: 11291
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: Cologne, Jabber: [email protected]
Contact:

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Z-Man »

ogo wrote:The simple question is this; do we have the technical capability to prevent her from playing?
No simple, automatic, reliable way, no. The VPN exit nodes she is using are at least some of the time totally indistinguishable from regular home connections, and most other times indistinguishable from work connections. With adaptions to the client, there are some things we can try; the client can try to detect and circumvent the VPN setup. But that would be a long way off and whatever we do, it can be circumvented by also running the client in a virtual machine.
The only thing right now you can use as a very fuzzy criterion is that players coming in over a VPN will have suspiciously high pings, often above 300 ms. (Man! I remember when <200ms ping was considered extremely low) Australians would have that, too. You can check suspicious players' IPs manually on services such as http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup for oddities; sometimes, they'll say outright that the IP runs a proxy. Most of the time not. And it's easy for a player to check their own current IP there and have it switched around until it is reasonably clean and from a plausible region. You can even directly pick your region on some services since a large part of the customer base uses them to circumvent location based content blocks.

And yes, this should be the last time we have this conversation. That's why I helped her providing evidence, so that the question of whether or not she really played is out of the equation. It was muddling everything the last times. The Ladle should be fun for everyone participating; that should be the goal.

We have to accept the fact that the punishment is not as effective as it was imagined to be, period. Now, of course, we have to expect Vogue to be not entirely honest about how little she cares, so I expect it to be at least a bit effective.

Options, sorted from softie to hardliner:
1. Lift the ban. Shock, horror. I think there is a way to do so without 'losing face', I may post about it in a separate thread.
2. Do nothing.
2.5 Reinterpret the ban. Proclaim that it is bad enough to be forced to play through proxies. What orion says, basically.
3. Extend the ban to the gids she used. Not necessarily to punish them, but to reliably prevent Vogue from using them again.
4. Up her ban scope. For example, don't allow her to participate in Ladle discussion. We mods would help enforce that. If need be, I think Tank could prevent her from posting in the entire competition section.
5. Extend the ban to the people she played with. Knowingly or unknowingly, though if you bother to find out which is the case, give those who knew a harsher ban. The purpose would be to deter others from helping her, especially by giving her their GIDs. Sends the message that if you help her, your friends suffer. Two problems: This may potentially affect so many players that future ladles suffer and you would not get a vote on it to pass, and, well, it directly punishes innocents.

I don't think that the fact she is getting help by players who give her their GIDs is worth addressing. She can just as well get new GIDs. But team leaders letting her into their team knowingly, that's potentially punishable. The Ladle player community can only work if everyone feels bound by the decision the community made. Just because, say, I voted for a political party that wants to legalize pot does not mean I am allowed to smoke it.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 90

Post by Vogue »

Z-Man makes some good points. However, if you ban the teams I played with then I'll have to laugh. A lot. It's literally pointless and only detrimental to ladle, moreso than what I'm "doing".

Lenghten the ban for all I care though, it doesn't matter to me. I just want to point out the hypocrisy, the rules only exist for me and nobody else. :snail:

Post Reply