Durf Ban Appeal

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Durf Ban Appeal

Post by Lucifer »

Do I really have to explain?

This isn't a simple case of "disagreeing with me". Durf was expressing a lot of sexism/misogyny, as well as casual transphobia.

As we have well established here in the past, that's grounds for being banned.

Also, it's only a one day ban. Considering the massive response, it seems pretty clear to me that a permanent ban was probably more appropriate.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

xX_Hitl3r_Xx wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Do I really have to explain?

This isn't a simple case of "disagreeing with me". Durf was expressing a lot of sexism/misogyny, as well as casual transphobia.

As we have well established here in the past, that's grounds for being banned.

Also, it's only a one day ban. Considering the massive response, it seems pretty clear to me that a permanent ban was probably more appropriate.
I've never met someone as stupid as you Lucifer in my life.
Clearly, you have.

You've met me.

- Iron Maiden
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

It's clear you have your own agenda. You are abusing your power as moderator and harming the integrity of these forums. The call for change is upon us. The era of totalitarian rule is over, the era of democracy has begun.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Soul wrote:It's clear you have your own agenda. You are abusing your power as moderator and harming the integrity of these forums. The call for change is upon us. The era of totalitarian rule is over, the era of democracy has begun.
I'm not at all sorry that you feel like your male privilege has been infringed.

We have a pretty long history of not tolerating sexism/homophobia/transphobia.

As a point of fact, why is it that the only person to speak up in support of the ban is the resident gay guy? To me, that says I did the right thing.

- Iron Maiden
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Lucifer wrote:As a point of fact, why is it that the only person to speak up in support of the ban is the resident gay guy? To me, that says I did the right thing.
This proves your bias, thanks kiddo
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Luciferismymom:( wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
Soul wrote:It's clear you have your own agenda. You are abusing your power as moderator and harming the integrity of these forums. The call for change is upon us. The era of totalitarian rule is over, the era of democracy has begun.
I'm not at all sorry that you feel like your male privilege has been infringed.

We have a pretty long history of not tolerating sexism/homophobia/transphobia.

As a point of fact, why is it that the only person to speak up in support of the ban is the resident gay guy? To me, that says I did the right thing.
##############oMgZzZz lUcIfEr bAnNeDzZ Me gUyS ##SoLvEd## wAiT?? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iMzZ BaCk aNdZzZ ThE TrUtHz iS OuT U SeE HeZ My mUmMzIeS <33 ReKtZz#############

##############oMgZzZz lUcIfEr bAnNeDzZ Me gUyS ##SoLvEd## wAiT?? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iMzZ BaCk aNdZzZ ThE TrUtHz iS OuT U SeE HeZ My mUmMzIeS <33 ReKtZz#############

This is what you're supporting, kiddo.

- Iron Maiden
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Lucifer wrote: This is what you're supporting, kiddo.
No it isn't, that is your doing. You clearly pissed someone off with your outrageous power abuse. Wake up moron.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Soul wrote:
Lucifer wrote:As a point of fact, why is it that the only person to speak up in support of the ban is the resident gay guy? To me, that says I did the right thing.
This proves your bias, thanks kiddo
I think you're just mad cause Lucifer is an actual enforcer of tron forum law and you aint.

Soul gurl learn your place. Durf was spreading sexist views, transphobia & homophobia. He needs to learn about lines and when not to cross them.

xoxo
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Cody wrote:Soul gurl learn your place.
Are you implying girls need to learn their place? You ******* sexist bastard.

#luciferlogic #straightmanpower
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Durf = "sexist"?

Durf contributes to the community, so by banning him, you're hurting the community. He may have a strong personality, but your personal agendas may have gotten into the ban. To think you want to lengthen the ban... I'm hoping things will go back to normal around here, all these bans are interfering with the peace in these forums.
Lucifer wrote: Considering the massive response, it seems pretty clear to me that a permanent ban was probably more appropriate.
Seriously? This is the people fighting to appeal durf's ban. Lengthing the ban will increase problems...
Lucifer wrote:This isn't a simple case of "disagreeing with me". Durf was expressing a lot of sexism/misogyny, as well as casual transphobia.
How about some examples?
Cody wrote:See prime example why to keep durf banned, look at what he brings to the forums.
Do you really think that? There will be more problems after the lengthing of the ban.

Can we please stop hating & banning random people who explain stuff?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Wait, so, under threat of continued spam, I should remove the ban?

That's your argument?

- Iron Maiden
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Lucifer wrote:Wait, so, under threat of continued spam, I should remove the ban?

That's your argument?
Sorry what? I'm 100% sure this had nothing to do with my arguments in my last post.
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

Lucifer wrote: Also, it's only a one day ban. Considering the massive response, it seems pretty clear to me that a permanent ban was probably more appropriate.
Really? You're thinking of banning someone for longer, because of reactions other people had? How idiotic is that? If anything the reaction of the people, shows that you are in the wrong, and the ban wasn't warranted.

Clearly you are in the wrong anyways for letting your family influence your decision, rather than the tronners. They aren't moderators. You are. Ban fairly and logically, not based on the opinions of others who aren't relative to your ability to ban people. Obvious missuse of power.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Lucifer wrote:Wait, so, under threat of continued spam, I should remove the ban?

That's your argument?
Nope. Read all of the responses from everyone else and stop fishing for an escape route.

Also, I find it hilarious you base your ban off of your daughters reaction and not of the communities. Real democratic and just.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

F0RC3 wrote:
Lucifer wrote: Also, it's only a one day ban. Considering the massive response, it seems pretty clear to me that a permanent ban was probably more appropriate.
Really? You're thinking of banning someone for longer, because of reactions other people had? How idiotic is that? If anything the reaction of the people, shows that you are in the wrong, and the ban wasn't warranted.

Clearly you are in the wrong anyways for letting your family influence your decision, rather than the tronners. They aren't moderators. You are. Ban fairly and logically, not based on the opinions of others who aren't relative to your ability to ban people. Obvious missuse of power.
When someone is acting sexist, I rank the opinions of women higher than men. That's a logical thing to do. You know, listen to the people who are most affected by it.

If we didn't do that, the community would be disproportionately male. Oh wait, it is. Oops. Should have listened to the community.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "because of reactions other people had". Do you have firsthand knowledge that people are spamming the forums and they aren't Durf? Do you know who they are?

Regardless of whether or not you agree with my actions, spamming the forums is bad. If you know who is doing it, perhaps you should say so.

Or maybe your own agenda is more important.

On another topic, I PM'd Vogue about her attacks on autism. They didn't get ignored.

- Iron Maiden