Vogue Ban Appeal [DISCUSSION]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Snxpflash
Average Program

Re: Vogue's Apology [DISCUSSION]

Post by Snxpflash »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Literally everything Gazelle just said.. The people defending Vogue (mainly) are players who'v largely contributed to building teams for ladle. Those of us who WANT TO PLAY and want to REBUILD are tired of the BS.. just F'ing let her play and lets all pull together and start rebuilding our ladle popularity. Vogue isnt just a 'player' she's smart and willing to contribute in other ways too. We need all we can get, and frankly banned or not.. she's doing more than most of you here crying about "how bad of a person" she is.

Sine, You have stated in several different ways how you pretty much are done with Ladles
Durf, You are just recently becoming involved with the Ladle community.

We do not need ANYONE to convince us of all the reasons Vogue shouldnt play.. we already know those reasons LOL. But the reasons she should play outweigh them.. right now. If you cant see that keeping her banned has no benefit to ladle.. then you probably dont really care about ladle and just want to complain.

Let her play.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Durf wrote:P.S. Thank you desgorn for not being blind.
I join you in your slow clap and raise you a face-palm.
Just want to point out i never said she should be unbanned for the video. I simply thought it was funny. (Read?) :roll:

If having one additional team in ladle makes as much of a deal as some of you are saying, Liz is right: "#deadgame"

-Judy
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Gazelle wrote: We as a community are on the decline, how does it help us by banning someone who actually wants to play?
She wants to play for what reason?
Be careful of who you let into your house...a burglar wants in your house, do you let them in just because they want it?
"Oh but my house has been mostly empty so it needs people in it"....no!
Be smart about this and think thoroughly! Why does Vogue want in so badly?
Can we trust that her intentions are good?
Consider who are the type of people that make things like fortress "die out"...If they want fort to die out, wouldn't they do everything in their power to make it happen? Including appeal for any bans so they can still go at it?

How does un-banning a known rule-breaker, who admitted they aren't sorry, help fort? Yes it's adding on extra person to the mix...but how many more rqs does that equate to?
Snxpflash wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Literally everything Gazelle just said.. The people defending Vogue (mainly) are players who'v largely contributed to building teams for ladle. Those of us who WANT TO PLAY and want to REBUILD are tired of the BS.. just F'ing let her play and lets all pull together and start rebuilding our ladle popularity. Vogue isnt just a 'player' she's smart and willing to contribute in other ways too. We need all we can get, and frankly banned or not.. she's doing more than most of you here crying about "how bad of a person" she is.

Sine, You have stated in several different ways how you pretty much are done with Ladles
Durf, You are just recently becoming involved with the Ladle community.

We do not need ANYONE to convince us of all the reasons Vogue shouldnt play.. we already know those reasons LOL. But the reasons she should play outweigh them.. right now. If you cant see that keeping her banned has no benefit to ladle.. then you probably dont really care about ladle and just want to complain.

Let her play.
Yes I am new to the scene (so-to-speak), so you should listen to what makes me want to stay an play more ladles.
Saying I'm new doesn't invalidate anything I have said...so why do some of you seem to be ignoring the facts?

You're both assuming that she is telling the truth and not playing you for chumps.
An child who is upset at you will be thrilled if you bring them a new toy.
Analogously, her video is the toy; so which of you are the children? Remember what the ban was for in he first place.
Every reason given to unban her has been pretty obvious (what admin in their right mind ban a player that is creating a new team?)...the fact is that doesn't matter, she wouldn't have been banned in the first place if she was an overall good thing.

Ladle can grow without the help of Vogue; but if you seriously think ladle's growth depends on Vogue so severely then you shouldn't be able voting in the first place (IMO)

This thread is simple, its an appeal for an existing ban. (NOT a discussion on ladle growth or decay)
If the community can't come to a decision then no action should take place.
Should you (the community) make the wrong decision, then you deserve to lose ladle (having it die out on you).
This isn't about Vogue or what she could offer. Bribes have no place in a ban appeal.
And the appeal process should NOT change depending on who was banned. So forget any reasons she has given, because none of it had to do with the ban itself.

I'm not saying that the ban was fair and that it should remain, but the reasons I've seen for unbanning haven't been adequate for it to make sense. PLEASE PEOPLE! I play this game too!
While I haven't had enough interaction with Vogue in particular, I would appreciate that people take things seriously.
What would you do for the game you love to play? Just let it die out? I would hope not...
If ladle bans aren't going to be taken seriously (and their appeal processes/discussions) then what's the point of me playing ladle? I don't want to join a competition that I know will have trouble makers in it that will ruin what the game is supposed to be.

Just how much rule-breaking is allowed in ladle anyway? I might as well start breaking rules if its this easy to avoid the consequences of my actions...(sarcasm)
Who here cares about ladle? (not anything about how it's dying or not...just ladle and what ladle is)
Take it seriously and it will thrive, but don't take seriously then there's no chance for any thriving.

This is my last post in this thread. Anything more and I would just be repeating myself.
I sincerely hope that Vogue does have good intentions, regardless if the ban is lifted or not.
But now I'm kind of hoping that the ban gets lifted and she ruins everything just so that some of you could finally learn.

My opinion is the same....no change to the ban, if anything extend it.
(Without knowing Vogue, this is an objective opinion based on what RULES, BANS, and APPEALS are in regards to her posts....I don't see how anything else matters when considering the ban lifted. "If you do the crime, you do the time", should be pretty straightforward.)
Until I see some genuine effort from Vogue to make an appeal, my opinion will remain the same.
(not that I have any say in the matter, but why is lifting the ban even an option? Shouldn't 'shortening' be first?)

P.S - @soul, I'm not sure desgorn's use of the word "you" was directed at you specifically. From what I could see, there are plenty of people in this thread that fit the profile. To which I was agreeing with the overall generalization that most of you are overlooking very important factors in what makes a ban appeal discussion. I didn't intend to single you out in any way, nor am I sure that desgorn did either.
But since you mention it, yes the video is funny. I have a sense of humor. Does it make any difference? No. A ban is a ban. Rules are rules. An appeal process is an appeal process. Not some video contest. Not some way to form a compromise, and certainly not a place to say "I'm sorry" just to get a ban lifted. (think about how long it took for an apology in the first place)

...kdone! no more typing!
Good luck ladle community, I hope you make the right decision based on the things that actually matter.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Soul wrote:-Judy
^

Call's himself Judge Judy because he took 2 mins to send out a mass message to team leaders already written out on wiki.

GG, task so difficult. :P

Durf, I could care less if she plays or not, as I stated I can't stomach her, however.. I do enjoy having more teams in a ladle, it makes it more enjoyable for me, I think that if liz is un-banned she will gather other people and make another team. I don't agree with what she did, but people have taken this scenario and blown it way out of proportion. Who really gives a **** if she plays 1 day a month? She has done ALL the harm she can, there is nothing else she can really do, and half of you won't even have to deal with her on that day, especially if she sees my team in the first round ;)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Snxpflash wrote:Sine, You have stated in several different ways how you pretty much are done with Ladles
Why are you talking to me, n00b? Several different ways? What in god's name are you talking about?
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Send em my way, Ill gladly humble them.

You ******* eat what my food eats.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

sinewav wrote:
Snxpflash wrote:Sine, You have stated in several different ways how you pretty much are done with Ladles
Why are you talking to me, n00b? Several different ways? What in god's name are you talking about?
T-Shirts? Websites? Essays?

^ idk tried to name a few.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

The idea that she enriches the game is ridiculous. She's neither the cause nor the solution for armagetron's problems, just a particularly annoying person who got a penalty she deserved, then circumvented that and already asked for mercy, while retaining her claims how the ladle was dead and she was less responsible than the teams who let her play. Durf is spot on. Once you cave in, she'll just return to her usual routine. If she were sorry she'd accept the ban.

If you ask me, her defenders are short-sighted idiots, all of them. Nonetheless, even though I think it's not really worth the effort, the best you can do is discuss guidelines and then vote. I'd vote first though, as if the guideline was already in place. We don't need five extra-pages of rules just for Liz and her suck-ups.
Snxpflash wrote:she's doing more than most of you here crying about "how bad of a person" she is.
Like what? Most of the guys who opposed her appeal in this thread, especially sine, are the ones who helped organize ladles long before you even started taking part and played a far more important role than Liz ever did (even Durf, who is quite new, has done more for the community than Liz did in 5 years; where's the tronny for that?). If anything, that mysterious contribution of hers should be brought forward to plead for her instead of a generic audio file. She should have thought about her place in the community before acting the way she did.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Who is the woman, she sounds like my future wife. With our powers combined, we can make the insular *********** break out of thier comfort zone and look at the rest of tron.

Also, woman, I can make you unbannable. **** their tears.

I grow tired of you idiots only playing sumo and ladle. It makes you entirely useless to the rest of tron. And its a ******* bummer you idiots havnt figured it out in years. You ***** act like they are the only servers They both encourarage running and pretty much ruin the point of tron.

HUGE DISCONNECT between the people who play tron, and the people who post on here about tron.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Durf wrote:1) Sure it's creative a awesome for a girl to do...anyone have proof that Vogue is a female?
It's not uncommon for males to pose as females online (attention is attention, and pretending you have tits will get an attention hog more of it)
Stop being sexist. Secondly, if you want proof for this extremely irrelevant fact and at the same time have a conversation WITH me about the workings of my mind, rather than about me; get on teamspeak today. If you have the balls, that is.

For everyone else, you need to see the video for what it is. The underlying meaning is true but I added some humor to it. Now nobody can say I didn't apologize.

I don't want to be UNBANNED. I want to be able to appeal my ban! That doesn't mean the result will be anywhere close to a complete removal of the ban.. is that so unreasonable of me?
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

If you need unbanned, you are indeed a woman.

Lets snuggle.
Snxpflash
Average Program

Post by Snxpflash »

/dev/null wrote:
HUGE DISCONNECT between the people who play tron, and the people who post on here about tron.
+1000
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Lmfao, I agree with you word, I for one am not defending liz, but I do like the competitive nature of ladle, and I do enjoy playing vs liz. Like I said, she irks me but she will bring another team to ladle, and that is something I wouldn't mind having as the competitive nature of ladle has been on a steady decline for some months. Keep her banned or don't, but instead of arguing let's get the appeal over with.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Is it really that hard? One of you advocates for unbanning create the vote for an appeal in the normal way, if it passes you can vote on unbanning/shortening the length of the ban. Edit: Never mind, just came across this.

As for one person making any difference to the state of ladle, that's debatable. The decline started long before any ban occurred.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Re: Vogue Ban Appeal [DISCUSSION]

Post by Ritsuka »

Ritsuka wrote:what do we have to lose by giving Lisa another chance