Ladle 87

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 87

Post by bilbo baggins »

theo wrote:Congratulations on the 3 peat ~R~.

I hope you'll make it 4 in a row (but not more. After all, records are meant to be broken).

FR3 : +42. Most stable server ever. The lag is so low that we should display negative pings.
i call biased.... :D

fr3 +1

are we going to do something about liz potentially participating or ignore it....? server owners logs perhaps?
.Lightning
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Lightning »

Having trouble watching the recordings...I am a mac user, but every time I click on the link to download, it downloads it as a zip file and then goes to a text file.
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

im pretty sure i told u that u cant watch the recordings like that...
open Armagetron Recorder, and open that text file. that's it...
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
.Lightning
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Lightning »

When I select the text file, no video or anything pops up? What am I supposed to do.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

there is a specific program to read records.
.Lightning
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Lightning »

Is it the Armagetron Recorder or am I missing something?
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

yes it is.
.Lightning
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Lightning »

Well whenever I select the text file in armagetron recorder...nothing comes up to view the recording
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

bilbo baggins wrote:
are we going to do something about liz potentially participating or ignore it....? server owners logs perhaps?

At this point what else is there to do? She was banned for 12 months, which honestly limits what we can even do after that. We used our most extensive punishment almost immediately, so now there's really nothing to do. The server owners can provide logs and even then if we could figure out who she was or if she played at all what are we going to do, ban her for another 12 months? That would be silly. The only potential 'punishment' we could use would be to ban the people she played for, but then we would really be punishing ourselves and ruining any competition. I think at this point we let it be. What's the fun in playing if we're just going to ban everyone that wants to play?

Also thanks to Z-man for recording :D
Last edited by Magi on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Lightning, dlh's Arma Recorder/Player app:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/downloa ... p?id=13347
Place it in the same folder as the Arma app -> Click on Play after you open it ->Play Recording will bring up the file search (Speed up fast-forwards x amount of seconds)
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Magi wrote:
bilbo baggins wrote:

At this point what else is there to do? She was banned for 12 months, which honestly limits what we can even do after that. We used our most extensive punishment almost immediately, so now there's really nothing to do. The server owners can provide logs and even then if we could figure out who she was or if she played at all what are we going to do, ban her for another 12 months? That would be silly. The only potential 'punishment' we could use would be to ban the people she played for, but then we would really be punishing ourselves and ruining any competition. I think at this point we let it be. What's the fun in playing if we're just going to ban everyone that wants to play?

Also thanks to Z-man for recording :D
That's the problem, isn't it? I don't care about being banned for a lifetime and you literally can't ban the teams I play for [IF you find out who I play for every ladle-highly unlikely] because then your competition is dead. The 12 month ban is just an illusion to satisfy my haters, it isn't real. I'd play openly if I could, but the teams I associate with wouldn't like that.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

-1 Kyle's
Had really bad lags, higher than normal ping and it seemed to only stick with that server. Was odd how it was only that one, think something else might have caused it but at the time I'm not 100% certain.

+1 theo's fr3
I think this is one of the consistently better servers, aside from one ladle where it just went kaput. I only played a few rounds, but they were really nice and stayed that way in spec.

0 CT USA
Had weird lags at times that hit everyone, I know it messed up a few rounds. Mostly stable, but those couple of huge lags could have impacts.

gg's, overkill, CT, SP.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

There are 2 possible scenarios here:

1. She's just seeking attention with her 1st post on the matter and she didn't really play. Ugh she already accomplished that so gratz.
2. She did play, acting like a thief, hiding in the shadows, with a proxy that alters her ping and lags her out for a weak team that need a banned person to do something. I find that priceless, better than the ban honestly xD.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Gonzap wrote:There are 2 possible scenarios here:

1. She's just seeking attention with her 1st post on the matter and she didn't really play. Ugh she already accomplished that so gratz.
2. She did play, acting like a thief, hiding in the shadows, with a proxy that alters her ping and lags her out for a weak team that need a banned person to do something. I find that priceless, better than the ban honestly xD.
3. She did play from another place. Friend, neighbor wifi...

But well, do we really care ? The amount of messages from angry people asking this for verification is low and we could just stop thinking about that useless topic.