Ladle 87

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Locked
Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Vogue »

takburger wrote:
Gazelle wrote:
Vogue wrote:<general blabbering>
Oh, thanks Gazelle for at least admitting it! Now I won't have to go through the trouble of posting screenshots.
Well it would be foolish to deny that I wasn't being selfish and putting my want to win above the rules of the community, I was, but only for a bit, until I realized that it's not worth it, now that doesn't make it any better and I am not trying to make excuses but you didn't play for my team, now for those who did let her play, we can't do anything about it and that's if she even did play, anyways who cares? I understand some of you still love this game very dearly and want to keep it in check, but for what purpose? There are like 10-12 "active tronners" out there now and the game is extremely boring now because of it. Brawl was at an all time low fielding 2 teams (barely) and you never see anyone on besides ladle day. I feel like a lot of you are wasting your time protecting a community that doesn't really even care.

No the bans should not be removed and should be enforced during ladle as much as possible, but why have these same discussions after ladles with the same people when we there is nothing anyone can do to stop it? It's a waste of your time.
Do you really see what you say here ?

It is basically :
1/ I was ready to cheat
2/ But I did not
3/ So punish those who did
4/ Oh and btw, community is dead because of people who do not care

Just go away Gaz, you were ready to cheat, you are the one who don't care yet you are one of those who are the most active on those topics to "save the game". That behavior is so wrong, there is not even an apology. I'm shocked to be the first one to reply on that.
You forgot to quote this post btw, lil gazzy.

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Word »

I'll just say this:

Lizmatic is a textbook example of a troll. She likes everyone to know that and pathologically craves attention. The thread went in the wrong direction when you rewarded her efforts, even if it shed some light on her self-perception (well, it's predictable she doesn't care about devaluating the structures and the engagement that make Ladles possible in the first place, isn't it? She'll only realize it when it's gone and then want it back, like with her ban...).

She got banned for 12 months. All teams were aware of that ban. If any team has let her play although she admitted who she is, it has to be sanctioned in some way - perhaps let that team sit out a ladle or two? The team members can thank their leader for not informing them. I doubt many of them will be back with a VPN. If they knowingly violated the rules, they have to accept the consequences. That's the only thing that needs to be debated here.

That being said, I would completely abstain from taking the reciprocative defamations and accusations in this thread seriously, especially those coming from her, and recommend you use server logs to settle this, even if you need an entire month to figure out the truth. Maybe it even makes sense to develop a faster process along the way to handle this in the future, because now the whole community is concerned and we don't need this discussion every single time Liz boasts about her ignorance. If you allow her to poison the atmosphere like this, she wins and you don't deserve to play Ladle.

What some of you don't seem to realize earnestly is that a community project like the Ladle depends on individuals, not an anonymous mass - that there won't always be someone to step in if, say, Kyle gets tired of adding players to his ban list when some idiot team lets them play without checking their identity. We already are a small group. A bigger community probably wouldn't have to care about the fallout from Lizmatic's actions, but we do, because it undermines the trust in a more complex system that is based on said trust - our lowest common denominator, if you will.

(I once read that there's no law against breaking out of jail in Germany, but someone who does it usually damages things and hurts people so he's punished for that. Perhaps that's the right way of dealing with this. If you're lucky enough to bypass the rules and applied bans successfully, well played, but if you or someone of your team blurts it out here and causes an investigation, your loss. Lizmatic won't be able to evade every obstacle an angry community can throw in front of her and teams which accept, condone or encourage her behaviour, and that's OK.)


PS: Where is Flex when you need someone yelling for justice...

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Gazelle »

Lisa, now that wasn't even there when I read that. I assume it was edited by zman because it says "snip".

I said I was done and I am done, word is right, arguing with you is pointless because you will keep just trying to say things to make others look bad whether they are factual or not. I didn't let you play, we only discussed it, I already admitted I was wrong, but there is nothing to apologize for, I did not harm the community in any way, in fact, nobody knew anything was going on, because I came to my senses quick enough to stop the mistake I was about to make.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Gonzap »

You didn't go ahead with it because you were scared about she throwing you under the bus. Not because of morality or doing things right. You are right, you can't be punished for that, but you can't help to lose a whole lot of reputation towards the community.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Gazelle »

I mean you are entitled to believe what you want Zap, I can't try to make you think otherwise, but I can tell you that is not the case, I really had second thoughts the entire time. Part of what you say is true, but not the entire portion.

User avatar
Soul
Match Winner
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Soul »

i feel it's only fair to add that when I found out about this crap and approached gazelle, he did say that he was rethinking it before I even told him it was a bad idea. not that this bails him out, just figured it should be mentioned.

as for the weirdo, don't talk to it and it might go away
Chief Justice of the Armagetron Advanced Judicial System.
---------------
Notable Bans Issued:
Vogue - 12 month ban(x2)
Lucifer - 1 Day

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Vogue »

I'm speaking the truth about you, Gazelle. Sadly for you, people would probably think I was lying but your dumbass decided to post here and verify my story because you feel the intense need to interject yourself in drama. You keep going on and on about how you're done, but you're not. You'll keep replying to everything because you seem to love it.

Regardless, *I* had second thoughts about playing for SDP because I figured it'd be too easy to figure out with me in the clan, guess what Gazelle said to me via phone? "NO, liz, we can still do it.." he convinced me to keep trying to find a way to play for SDP. Yeah, I'm a total trollbitch and immoral.. a jerk.. etc, but at least I admit it. Gazelle's acting like a saint in this thread but whatever, Takburger and Gonzap aren't falling for it so probably the rest of the community won't either.

Btw to respect the ladle, I'll stop posting in future threads. I've made my point about the hypocrisy, nothing more to be said.

Cadillac_
Average Program
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Cadillac_ »

Wait.... People didn't know ultra was liz?
Pathetique: ALSO AM DRONK
------------------------------
Image
Lol^^^

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Gazelle »

Edit: nvm, at some point it becomes retarded and the arguing is pointless.

User avatar
Ratchet
Match Winner
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Ratchet »

Not really a part of the conversation, but eh. Quick comment from the peanut gallery.

Yes, Liz is wrong for trying to play in ladle through her ban ... babble babble babble.

But: (and I don't even feel like going find the post to quote it) I think Liz's point is valid. Gazelle was dumb enough to try to find a way to allow her to play. I feel like not much else in this thread is relevant except that. Gazelle was also dumb enough to admit it and try to justify it.

Seriously?

Soooo, I almost had sex with a girl last night in my drunken stupor, but I didn't! I was so smart that when we were laying in bed I decided to call it a night and find a ride home instead.

My girlfriend is going to be so proud of me! I can't wait to tell her!
Image
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 4169
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Word »

Vogue wrote:I've made my point about the hypocrisy, nothing more to be said.
Attenuating circumstances for Gazelle if you were just doing this to run rings around him and he fell for it. What you just said is more hypocritical than anything you could possibly have proven. And nobody asked for it.

Oparachukwu
Average Program
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 am

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Oparachukwu »

All these pages of fighting are concerning one person in its entirety. One person who is banned. I have one question. Why? As far as I know, it's a sign of regret. If you guys miss her so much, set her free. Why must we have to go through these repetitive discussions about Liz. Liz did this, liz did that. This is a free game and everyone deserves to play.
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
Image

User avatar
takburger
Match Winner
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: Ladle 87

Post by takburger »

Oparachukwu wrote:All these pages of fighting are concerning one person in its entirety. One person who is banned. I have one question. Why? As far as I know, it's a sign of regret. If you guys miss her so much, set her free. Why must we have to go through these repetitive discussions about Liz. Liz did this, liz did that. This is a free game and everyone deserves to play.
discussion was about gaz tho, lets continue the one about gaz
Image

User avatar
desgorn
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:04 am

Re: Ladle 87

Post by desgorn »

congrats on your 3-peat ~R~. btw early congrats on your 4-peat.
btw lock this thread someone, something smells rotten. could it be the dead horse?

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Gazelle »

What discussion about Gaz? There was never a discussion, it was liz trying to shame me, and me defending myself. Was I wrong for discussing this with liz? Yes. I can't go back and change it, I would if I could. But im glad I didn't allow her to play, so I mean I don't really see where you want to keep going with this tak.

Locked