Vogue Ban Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Magi »

Wait, Liz is a girl?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
TheNate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheNate »

---------------------------------
Last edited by TheNate on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Gazelle wrote:now after the fact I can see that the only reason I voted 12 months was solely based upon the fact that it was LIZ.
And that's already enough of a reason to vote for any penalty that actually transpires a little. The decision would be difficult for me if any other player had done this, but as Magi has said, that didn't happen. The best you can say in Lizmatic's defense is that her attitude is somewhat pathologic. This way we are taking her seriously.
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

TheNate wrote:So everyone makes errors or not?
Yeah I remember the last time I played for 2 teams in the ladle (while using an account that is not mine), got banned and then use a proxy to play again despite being banned. All that by mistake.

Talk about bad luck.

Gazelle wrote:you might come to find out that I am just forgiving and give people too many chances, whether it comes back to bite me in the ass or not.
[...]
but I still don't think it warrants the insults said to me
It doesn't, but you will forgive it, right?
TheNate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheNate »

All what i want or try to say is that it is ok to make a penalty about her mistakes. But 12 month the twelve months are too long.
Last edited by TheNate on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

TheNate wrote:I'm saying not that there should be no penalty only 1 year is too much.
Your opinion is noted. Some people think she shouldn't be banned at all. However, in Ladle we make decisions by majority, and the majority think 12 months is appropriate.
Jrotc2012
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Jrotc2012 »

as said before.... Liz is in SDP. They obviously need her after last ladle.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Jrotc2012 wrote:as said before.... Liz is in SDP. They obviously need her after last ladle.
It is blatantly obvious that sdp wants Liz to play since she's in their clan and is well-skilled.

The vast majority wanting to reduce the ban are sdp members.

It seems clear the decision should stand regardless currently. This discussion should be revisited in a few months instead of a repeated discussion and eventual flaming occurs if it hasn't already.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

I just like to say Gazelle is a fake bitch.

back in mYm he stabbed me and TaZ in the back, hes a flip flopper and a follower. PACK YOUR BAGS YOUR GOING HOME BITCH
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Cody wrote:I just like to say Gazelle is a fake bitch.

back in mYm he stabbed me and TaZ in the back, hes a flip flopper and a follower. PACK YOUR BAGS YOUR GOING HOME BITCH
290000-256-k31963.jpg
290000-256-k31963.jpg (25.15 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
^ This would be you cody!

Anyways I was like 12 and was made "leader" of a clan I had no control over, they kicked you over night and I had no say, but continue to hold your grudges :)
Jrotc2012 wrote:as said before.... Liz is in SDP. They obviously need her after last ladle.
As a matter of fact, we are in no place looking to start Liz, she was brought on to be a part of what we are doing here and she wanted to analyze ladle recordings and try to shot-call during ladles just like someone would do during a League of Legends match. :)

We respect the fact that community voted upon a 12 month ban, we just have began to think it is unfair and I would say the same if Liz was or wasn't in the clan. I believe I stated this previously in this discussion.
ogo
Average Program

Post by ogo »

plz lock
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ogo wrote:plz lock
Please leave open. There is at least one more point that needs to be made, but I want to talk to a certain person privately before I post it.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

This topic has obviously degraded, but I think there is an important thing left unsaid. Vogue obviously does not agree that the punishment is correct for the crime, but never mentions what type of punishment she feels is reasonable.

I hope that the community can stop the mudslinging for a bit and let vogue answer this, What do you believe would be a fair punishment for what you did?
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

6 months. Like I said before, this discussion is over and in 5 months (I sat out 1 ladle) I can request a revote if everyone agrees. If the outcome is still a year then so be it!
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I do think that it would not be unreasonable to consider a re-vote in the time frame requested here. I think that the likelihood of a re-vote even happening will depend on what happens in the interim. Of course, it's perfectly reasonable for Liz to serve as a coach and "shot caller" for SDP. Everybody is gonna be keeping a close eye on this, so some accountability will be in place.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm