Vogue Ban Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

theo
Round Winner

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by theo »

dinobro wrote:But yeah, jury is usually neutral to defendant and any possible bias eliminates them from conducting the ruling.
For once you're right.

A jury has been neutral.

In this thread, we have 2 opinions:
1/ The ban is unfair (liz, SDP and you, all the neutral people)
2/ The ban is legit, let's go on (everyone else)
dinobro wrote:So yes, I still gave you logical, real arguments why your system is flawed
No you didn't.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Vogue wrote:
Magi wrote:always seems like you and Liz get in fights and end up killing a clan
name the clans that died due to me and gaz "fighting"

go on

i really want to read this
Poor magi, he's still looking for answers.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

It's funny how you say to not compare this to real life and still want an appeal process that's only possible in real life.

I think you took the right path walking away, everyone except a few biased people is telling you you're talking bs.

(if you're a girl that kindof makes me think you're one of the multiple liz personalities)
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I don't see why this discussion can't remain civil, zap.

edit: considering this isn't really going anywhere and I've gotten the answers I was looking for, I've requested a lock. <3
dinobro
Average Program

Post by dinobro »

Gonzap wrote:It's funny how you say to not compare this to real life and still want an appeal process that's only possible in real life.
When did I say that? Did any of you actually finish elementary school? Is reading comprehension something most of you really lack?
I said that PREVIOUS system which was automated, arbitrary system of ruling was much better than trusting some biased mob with it.
I actually stopped talking about Vogue few pages ago, which only shows how fixated you are about her by keeping bringing her person back into the discussion...

My god.
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

i think we should all agree to disagree, liz and others who want an "process to appeal" on bans should take action to get this process effective.

Go to the wiki, find out how to go about rule changes, come back to the forums so we can discuss this change and go from there.

Relentless bashing of frenemies, and contradicting opinions is getting boring.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Vogue wrote:edit: considering this isn't really going anywhere and I've gotten the answers I was looking for, I've requested a lock. <3
Granted. Everybody has said their thing, it seems, it can only get worse.

Suggestions, all just IMHO:
Regarding a potential appeals/pardon process, I don't think anything special is needed. You already have a process to decide whatever you want via the general rule change votes. I get why you saw it was required to do have a special process for determining actual punishment (need to be quick, nulla poena sine lege), but none of the reasons apply to reducing a sentence.

Any reduced sentence should be on probation.

You will not find an unquestionably unbiased jury. And neither do you have to, nor should you. The sentence is "We don't want to play with you in this event for a while", not prison. It makes sense that the people making the decision are those actually affected by the outcome.

Median >>>>>>>>>>> any other numeric average. Add the vote option to ban for a million million years and one grumpy voter to see why.